Player Discussion Cole Caufield - Part 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
That explains the two minutes that separated them under MSL. It doesn’t explain the five under Ducharme.

14 minutes per game vs 18 and he played with better linemates. Of course he was more productive.
Ducharme had the mandate to win games, when MSL took over it was clear that it was rebuilt time and development time.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Ducharme had the mandate to win games, when MSL took over it was clear that it was rebuilt time and development time.

Your post sums up everything that’s been wrong with the Canadiens for the past ten years, and you’ve defended it.

If Ducharme wanted to win games, he should’ve played Caufield more.

These guys were absolute morons.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Your post sums up everything that’s been wrong with the Canadiens for the past ten years, and you’ve defended it.

If Ducharme wanted to win games, he should’ve played Caufield more.

These guys were absolute morons.
Dude you have no idea what you're talking about.

Ducharme played Caufield!

You just have an ax to grind and you will never ever see anything else.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Dude you have no idea what you're talking about.

Ducharme played Caufield!

You just have an ax to grind and you will never ever see anything else.
We’ve done this so many times. Our club plays inferior players over younger better ones. You defend no matter what. I point out you’re wrong using numbers. You switch to “but this isn’t a development league” or something like that…

This is a black and white case. There’s no excuse. But you’ll excuse it anyway. That’s cool, you keep doing you. I’m done schooling you. You will keep your head buried as usual.

Have a great night! :)

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
We’ve done this so many times. Our club plays inferior players over younger better ones. You defend no matter what. I point out you’re wrong using numbers. You switch to “but this isn’t a development league” or something like that…

This is a black and white case. There’s no excuse. But you’ll excuse it anyway. That’s cool, you keep doing you. I’m done schooling you. You will keep your head buried as usual.

Have a great night! :)
You've been wrong so many times it's not even funny.

You see flash you get all giddy and ask for more minutes and stuff having no idea about what actually makes a team win games.

I still remember you crying about Galchenyuk not having enough minutes while the guy was a complete sieve defensively and just a nuisance to the team while on the ice!

No disrespect but the majority of the time you are way too visually impressed and lack the knowledge of what's really happening on the ice.

Bon Saint Jean Tabarnak! Woooooo :laugh:

JoelWarlord

Ex-Noob616
May 7, 2012
Halifax
No disrespect but the majority of the time you are way too visually impressed and lack the knowledge of what's really happening on the ice.
Take a step back here for a second. The discussion is not about Galchenyuk or Scherbak or Hudon or whoever you want to point to as a flashier player that busted. It is about Cole Caufield being used in the bottom six for under 14 minutes per game on the last place team in the league. In what universe is giving those minutes to other members of the 2021-22 Canadiens the smarter decision, even when trying to win games.

Does Martin St. Louis lack knowledge of what's happening? Because he took one look at the roster and realized immediately that Ducharme's deployment was atrocious and immediately made huge changes. And hey, turns out he won more games!

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Take a step back here for a second. The discussion is not about Galchenyuk or Scherbak or Hudon or whoever you want to point to as a flashier player that busted. It is about Cole Caufield being used in the bottom six for under 14 minutes per game on the last place team in the league. In what universe is giving those minutes to other members of the 2021-22 Canadiens the smarter decision, even when trying to win games.

Does Martin St. Louis lack knowledge of what's happening? Because he took one look at the roster and realized immediately that Ducharme's deployment was atrocious and immediately made huge changes. And hey, turns out he won more games!
The problem is that it never actually happened.

JoelWarlord

Ex-Noob616
May 7, 2012
Halifax
The problem is that it never actually happened.
What never happened? Caufield in the bottom six? He averaged 14:42 per game under Ducharme, those are bottom-six minutes. He played on the bottom six all the time, his last 12 games with Ducharme he played with Dauphin or Poehling as his C.

I can not fathom watching a player score 1 goal in half a season with one coach, and 22 goals in half a season with another coach and defending the decision-making process of the coach who had our most important forward prospect completely unable to score.

Reactions: SlafySZN

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
What never happened? Caufield in the bottom six? He averaged 14:42 per game under Ducharme, those are bottom-six minutes. He played on the bottom six all the time, his last 12 games with Ducharme he played with Dauphin or Poehling as his C.
14:42 are bottom-line minutes? Get a clue, please..

JoelWarlord

Ex-Noob616
May 7, 2012
Halifax
14:42 are bottom-line minutes? Get a clue, please..
Bottom SIX. Yes, 14:42 are 3rd line minutes.

Again, the guy scored at every level in his career. Scored 1 goal in half a season with one coach, and 22 in half a season with another coach, and your takeaway is somehow that the first coach was doing something that would help the team win games? That it is irrational to criticize the player's usage under the first coach?

What was Ducharme possibly doing that was effective? The team won like 8 games in half a season, every player was miserable, and every player was pacing for career lows! What positive impact did he have in any facet of the game?

Reactions: SlafySZN

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Bottom SIX. Yes, 14:42 are 3rd line minutes.

Again, the guy scored at every level in his career. Scored 1 goal in half a season with one coach, and 22 in half a season with another coach, and your takeaway is somehow that the first coach was doing something that would help the team win games? That it is irrational to criticize the player's usage under the first coach?

What was Ducharme possibly doing that was effective? The team won like 8 games in half a season, every player was miserable, and every player was pacing for career lows! What positive impact did he have in any facet of the game?
My takeaway is that Cole progressed and developed, he managed to finally put it all together rather than Ducharme being the worst coach in the world.

JoelWarlord

Ex-Noob616
May 7, 2012
Halifax
He wasn’t streaky in the minors. And he was pretty consistent under MSL.

Yes, it was the coach. He was being played in 3rd line minutes. Of course he wasn’t going to produce. It’s the Therrien playbook.
I truly have no idea how this is in any way controversial. The statistical profile changed instantly, and anyone watching the games saw how dramatically different he was under St. Louis.

It genuinely blows me away that a player scores 1 goal under one coach in half a year, and 22 goals under another and people still find a way to decide it was the player's fault, and not the horrendously bad coach that had the entire team playing to career lows in scoring while losing and losing and losing.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Great idea, trade your 21 years old goal scorer and one of your 2 only great player on the team in a rebuild.

lol geez people have weird ideas sometime

Last edited:

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
t genuinely blows me away that a player scores 1 goal under one coach in half a year, and 22 goals under another and people still find a way to decide it was the player's fault, and not the horrendously bad coach that had the entire team playing to career lows in scoring while losing and losing and losing.
And what was the horrendous thing Ducharme did to hinder Cole?

JoelWarlord

Ex-Noob616
May 7, 2012
Halifax
I've said my piece. If you didn't see it with your own eyes and you don't think there was a difference in how he was used under the two coaches (especially when literally every other player on the team was pacing for career lows under Ducharme too, and not just Caufield individually) I'm not going to be able to convince you.

Let's just agree to disagree on this.

Reactions: Toene and SlafySZN

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
I've said my piece. If you didn't see it with your own eyes and you don't think there was a difference in how he was used under the two coaches (especially when literally every other player on the team was pacing for career lows under Ducharme too, and not just Caufield individually) I'm not going to be able to convince you.

Let's just agree to disagree on this.
I probably missed your BS piece but whatever.

Apparently it's not that strong if you don't even want to show it again.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Cole played with Dauphin, Poehling, Armia 12 minutes a night and you really think Ducharme helped him? you could see how lost he was, scared to make a mistake and Ducharme clearly told him to play like some 4th line grinder.

He wasn't picking his spot on the ice anymore because Ducharme wanted to change the type of player he is, the fact that he had more assists than goals says everything.

Never put him on the ice for 5 vs 3, never started him in OT he liked Evans and Kulak more.

He never tried to win games he tried not to lose them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad