Player Discussion Cole Caufield - Part 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoelWarlord

Ex-Noob616
May 7, 2012
Halifax
I probably missed your BS piece but whatever.

Apparently it's not that strong if you don't even want to show it again.
Dude, he scored 1 goal with one coach and 22 with another. The onus is on you to justify Ducharme's decision making, not for me to somehow prove to you that he was deployed better by the coach who attached him to Suzuki's hip and had him score 22 goals in 38 games. It is self-evident. I can not fathom somehow arguing that Ducharme wasn't holding back Caufield's production when the difference is 1 vs 22 goals.

If the difference between 14 minutes with Dauphin and Poehling compared to 18 minutes with Suzuki and not being benched for minor defensive zone mistakes isn't self-evident to you there is no argument I could reasonably present, which is why I said I would agree to disagree on this.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Dude, he scored 1 goal with one coach and 22 with another. The onus is on you to justify Ducharme's decision making, not for me to somehow prove to you that he was deployed better by the coach who attached him to Suzuki's hip and had him score 22 goals in 38 games. It is self-evident. I can not fathom somehow arguing that Ducharme wasn't holding back Caufield's production when the difference is 1 vs 22 goals.

If the difference between 14 minutes with Dauphin and Poehling compared to 18 minutes with Suzuki and not being benched for minor defensive zone mistakes isn't self-evident to you there is no argument I could reasonably present, which is why I said I would agree to disagree on this.
He played with Suzuki under Ducharme FFS!

I have no idea what the f*** you're talking about!

It's in your head that Ducharme used him on the fourth line..

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022

I have no idea what the f*** you're talking about!

He played not more than 5 games with Suzuki at the start of the season and then Ducharme made him play on the 3rd and 4th line.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
He played not more than 5 games with Suzuki at the start of the season and then Ducharme made him play on the 3rd and 4th line.
Don't make me dig numbers, please... I know Ducharme never used him in a checking position, he's not that dumb!

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Don't make me dig numbers, please... I know Ducharme never used him in a checking position, he's not that dumb!
...yes

he used him in a checking position with guys like dauphin, poehling and armia... how many games did you watch this season?

JoelWarlord

Ex-Noob616
May 7, 2012
Halifax
Yes, for 10 games (which is as many as he played with Poehling) vs. playing with Suzuki for virtually every game for the 2nd half of the season. Again, if I have to spell these things out there is just no discussion to be had, the difference is obvious and saying he played with Suzuki under Ducharme too is a very poor obfuscation of the amount of time he spent with Suzuki in both halves of the season.

He was the 10th most used forward under Ducharme (both raw and EV TOI/GP), it is a simple and easily verifiable fact that he was used predominantly in a 3rd line role under Ducharme. It is self-evidently true that his deployment and linemates changed with St. Louis, and he scored 22 goals vs. 1 goal while half the team had a similar uptick in production after the switch.

It's in your head that I ever said that. I said bottom six, I never said fourth line. Even if I had said that, it wouldn't change the fact that Caufield's ice time increased by 23.7% under the new coach. Again, these are just verifiable facts, Cole Caufield was the 10th most frequently used forward under Dom Ducharme. That is verifiable fact and zeroing in on whether his role was that of a "grinder" or not does not change the fact that he was used less than nine other forwards on a last place team that won EIGHT of 45 games.

I'm done for real now, I'll move on.

Reactions: Apeironic

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Yes, for 10 games (which is as many as he played with Poehling) vs. playing with Suzuki for virtually every game for the 2nd half of the season. Again, if I have to spell these things out there is just no discussion to be had, the difference is obvious and saying he played with Suzuki under Ducharme too is a very poor obfuscation of the amount of time he spent with Suzuki in both halves of the season.

He was the 10th most used forward under Ducharme (both raw and EV TOI/GP), it is a simple and easily verifiable fact that he was used predominantly in a 3rd line role under Ducharme. It is self-evidently true that his deployment and linemates changed with St. Louis, and he scored 22 goals vs. 1 goal while half the team had a similar uptick in production after the switch.

It's in your head that I ever said that. I said bottom six, I never said fourth line. Even if I had said that, it wouldn't change the fact that Caufield's ice time increased by 23.7% under the new coach. Again, these are just verifiable facts, Cole Caufield was the 10th most frequently used forward under Dom Ducharme. That is verifiable fact and zeroing in on whether his role was that of a "grinder" or not does not change the fact that he was used less than nine other forwards on a last place team that won EIGHT of 45 games.

I'm done for real now, I'll move on.
You can write a book on this matter if you want but Cole Caufield would become a star in this league nomatter the coach!

That's what a lot of people keep saying, you have it or you don't!

Reactions: Kojo

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
He’ll be a 50 goal guy. Maybe not this year but soon

Even if he does score 50, people will still be trying to trade him for a top pick. I get the sense that people don't want an elite player if he's 5'7. You don't get goal scorers like Cole in the draft very often. He's a 1% of the 1% in terms of goal scoring talent. Broke Auston Matthews' goal scoring record, tied Ovie's U18 record, goal per game in the NCAA.

Then he scores 22 in 37 once mumbles got the boot. Let's keep him.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Even if he does score 50, people will still be trying to trade him for a top pick. I get the sense that people don't want an elite player if he's 5'7. You don't get goal scorers like Cole in the draft very often. He's a 1% of the 1% in terms of goal scoring talent. Broke Auston Matthews' goal scoring record, tied Ovie's U18 record, goal per game in the NCAA.

...don't forget being cute a a button...:laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: NotProkofievian

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Gotta lock him down for 8 years before the next season starts that's for sure.

His ability to shoot the puck is top 5 in the league.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
But it is pretty funny that our first 1st round hit since Sergachev, and before that Pacioretty/McDonagh (seriously, how depressing is that?), has some people wanting to trade him for a top pick so that we can try our luck again lol.

No goddamnit, no.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
But it is pretty funny that our first 1st round hit since Sergachev, and before that Pacioretty/McDonagh (seriously, how depressing is that?), has some people wanting to trade him for a top pick so that we can try our luck again lol.

No goddamnit, no.
That's the way goddam it!

Suzy and Wright down the middle for the next 8 years! Sign me up!

Reactions: jaffy27

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Dominic Ducharme coaches Caufield this season until February 9th. Cole scores 1 goal, and is sent down to the AHL.

Dominic Ducharme is fired Febuary 9th.

From February 10th until the end of the season, Cole scores 22 goals in 37 games. This was a pace of 48 goals over a regular season, and behind only Auston Matthews, Elias Lindholm, Tage Thompson, and Nathan MacKinnon in the same time frame.

Hfhabs conclusion: completely unrelated to Ducharme.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Dominic Ducharme coaches Caufield this season until February 9th. Cole scores 1 goal, and is sent down to the AHL.

Dominic Ducharme is fired Febuary 9th.

From February 10th until the end of the season, Cole scores 22 goals in 37 games. This was a pace of 48 goals over a regular season, and behind only Auston Matthews, Elias Lindholm, Tage Thompson, and Nathan MacKinnon in the same time frame.

Hfhabs conclusion: completely unrelated to Ducharme.
In this board’s defense… very few posters have come to that conclusion. I’ve seen it from one or two but the vast majority is pretty clear on what happened.

Reactions: David Suzuki

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
You can write a book on this matter if you want but Cole Caufield would become a star in this league nomatter the coach!

That's what a lot of people keep saying, you have it or you don't!

Dude, just stop it. People who say that don't have a clue. 2-3 years of Ducharme's crap and Caufield's confidence might've become completely shut.

Ducharme's coaching hindered many players on the team. Petry went from 6 points in 38 games under Douche-harm to 21 points in 30 games under Marty. Caufield, 8 points in 30 games under Douche-lord to 35 points in 37 games under Marty. Suzuki, 27 in 45 under Douche-crap to 34 in 37 with Marty.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Dude, just stop it. People who say that don't have a clue. 2-3 years of Ducharme's crap and Caufield's confidence might've become completely shut.

Ducharme's coaching hindered many players on the team. Petry went from 6 points in 38 games under Douche-harm to 21 points in 30 games under Marty. Caufield, 8 points in 30 games under Douche-lord to 35 points in 37 games under Marty. Suzuki, 27 in 45 under Douche-crap to 34 in 37 with Marty.

Sergachev goes on to have a successful career somewhere else. ''He wouldn't have done it here!''

Ducharme and the bicep brigade get shown the door, and our players come back to life. ''They would have done it with any coach!''

Matthew McConaughay

May 3, 2013
Sergachev goes on to have a successful career somewhere else. ''He wouldn't have done it here!''

Ducharme and the bicep brigade get shown the door, and our players come back to life. ''They would have done it with any coach!''
Sergachev is also playing with a much better team than the Habs, that helps.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012

nailed. people saying 'hopefully he'll be a Cammy for us' don't get it. His pedigree is amazing. The ONLY thing is his height as a knock. That's it. Skating a little bit but I feel like its damn close enough.

His offensive skill set is f***ing bananas. He can absolutely torch this league. If he was even 5'10, people would be probably losing their minds over him. We are beyond lucky for snagging him.

Reactions: NotProkofievian
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad