Prospect Info: Cole Caufield II (Montreal 15th overall in 2019 draft) mod warning # 560

How many goals will Caufield score in the 3 development camp scrimmages?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
I'm always happy to see players go the NCAA route to play against older guys, but I also (probably needlessly) worry about them having the option of going the UFA route.

I know it's unlikely but we see it every few years.

That usually happens to bush league organizations that don't make the draftees feel part of something. The Habs are still good at that by all accounts.

Reactions: Redux91

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
I'm always happy to see players go the NCAA route to play against older guys, but I also (probably needlessly) worry about them having the option of going the UFA route.

I know it's unlikely but we see it every few years.

Happens once every few years.

yet people act like it happens 3 times A year.

Reactions: HabsMD97

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
What I like is that in one of his interviews he was asked what he wanted to improve the most and he said his speed. I don't think he's slow but he's not Byron fast either. It's good that he focuses on that. 5'7 players need to be fast and they need to have tree trunk for legs to be stars.

Montreal Impact FC

.:| Champ's City |:.
Jun 7, 2012
Montreal
Ive analysed his clips and yeah Hugues is a great passer but damnnn Cole Caufield is nasty goal scorer HUNGRY for goals ALL the time. I have no doubt he my mind Caufield is a factor in Hugues huge amount of assists. they are like coffee and milk. blending marvelously. Kotkaniemi or Domi will have loads of fun playing with Caufield soon enough.

Poehling Domi Caufield
Suzuki Kotkaniemi Caufield

not worried at all. he just always seems to find the right spot to be and has a release ala Matthews.. can rotate on a dime on 1 on 1 and deceptive with his shooting angles which he takes a nano second to shoot. did I even mention his confidence level?

cant wait to see how he does at the bigs.

many gm's will bite their tongue imo.. we could have a real special player in our hands.. size really was a concern for gm obviously..

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Caufield is going to be well-insulated with strong linemates and good help on the pp. Our PP with he and Weber as the threats should spread out PKers, especially with CC's constant motion. He's either going to end up with Domi, KK, or Poehling so I'm confident

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
I hope they put him at LW, like Ovi, Perron, Forsberg, Marchessault (I think?), etc.

Last edited:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
30 goals in the NCAA next year, should he play there.

that would be very impressive if so, since 2000 only 1 U-19 player has done that in the NCAA, Tomas Vanek with 31 in 45 games. If Caufield makes Team USA then I don't see him getting enough games as I wouldn't expect Wisconsin to be among the top teams in the NCAA although they clearly should be much better, not sure they will go far in the playoffs so that's even less games.

Cammy had 29 in 42 as an 18 year old but it was his 2nd season in the NCAA and that was on a pretty good Michigan team with Komisarek and others.

For more recent you have Brock Boeser who had 27 in 42 games on a very good North Dakota team. Eichel had 26 in 40 games on a very good BU team.

Depending on how many games he plays, say around 34 or so, I hope to see him get around 20, 25 would be amazing but kind of unlikely.

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
that would be very impressive if so, since 2000 only 1 U-19 player has done that in the NCAA, Tomas Vanek with 31 in 45 games. If Caufield makes Team USA then I don't see him getting enough games as I wouldn't expect Wisconsin to be among the top teams in the NCAA although they clearly should be much better, not sure they will go far in the playoffs so that's even less games.

Cammy had 29 in 42 as an 18 year old but it was his 2nd season in the NCAA and that was on a pretty good Michigan team with Komisarek and others.

For more recent you have Brock Boeser who had 27 in 42 games on a very good North Dakota team. Eichel had 26 in 40 games on a very good BU team.

Depending on how many games he plays, say around 34 or so, I hope to see him get around 20, 25 would be amazing but kind of unlikely.

Not sure if he will score 30 but if someone can, it's him.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Not sure if he will score 30 but if someone can, it's him.

it will be more about the number of games. This season Wisconsin played 37 games (34 regular, 3 playoff, 0 ncaa tournament) and they won only 14 games. and that was with winning 4 of their last 6 games. So they should be a good bit improved but if he makes Team USA that could be 3-4 games missed maybe, if they don't make the ncaa tournament and don't go far in the playoffs, he'll be hard pressed to get anywhere near 40 games.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011

Indeed, it would be extremely impressive. The context you provide here illustrates what kind of a goal scorer I think he is.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
If undrafted David ****ing Desharnais could be our number 1 center for 4 god damn years at 5"6

I dont see why this kid cant at least be a little bit better than he, lol.
That actually makes sense in a way. I had forgotten all about DD...thanks for reminding me :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad