Prospect Info: Cole Caufield II (Montreal 15th overall in 2019 draft) mod warning # 560

How many goals will Caufield score in the 3 development camp scrimmages?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Wow. We've managed to discuss Caufield more than the Hughes, Kakko, and Dach threads combined talked about them.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Anyone knows if Caufield is allowed to play some pre-season games this September?

If he plans to go to NCAA, he can't. He can only attend Development Camp next week. He can't play at the Rookie Showdown, take part in the main camp, and play any preseason games.

IF the decision is made and he decides not to go the college route, which means he can go to the OHL (Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds own his rights), then he can take part in everything.

But listening to both MB and TT after the draft, they expect him to go to NCAA next year.

Also to note, if he goes to NCAA, the Habs can't sign him. If he goes to OHL, then Habs can sign him and send him to Junior.

HaveKnifeWillButcher

Apr 23, 2018
I said in one of your old draft threads that I didn't think any of the top 14 GM's would have the guts to pull the trigger on a 5' 7" player. I was right on that but I also said I didn't think your GM would have the guts to do it at 15. I'm glad I was wrong on that. HB over.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
He can only attend training camp if he wants to ruin his NCAA eligibility.
That's not entirely true.

NCAA Rules that Hockey Parents need to know | Points West Sports and Entertainment

Rule Breakdown:
A player may attend ONE expenses-paid Major Junior training camp if:
  1. the training camp does not exceed 48 hours, and
  2. any compensation paid to the player in connection to the training camp is not more than actual and necessary expenses.
A player may attend ONE expenses-paid major training camp for longer than 48 hours if:
  1. any compensation paid to the player in connection to the training camp is not more than actual and necessary expenses, and
  2. the player pays for additional expenses beyond the 48-hour period.

So basically he can join camp but he is responsible for his own expenses for any time past 48 hours. He would not be eligible to play in any pre-season games at all though.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
By any chance, do you know the name of the guy who's feeding Caufield on his highlights? He look like a pretty good player, I think we should give him a try-out.
Bullshit. If anything, he inflated the players around him as far as point totals. He worked for the goals. Just watch the videos.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Maybe he can grow another inch or two. There's been a plethora of great small players in he NHL. I'm not worried about size, if he's got the talent, that trumps size.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I worry about size. But if the guy has other things that make up for it then I am good. And this kid looks like he has those other tbings. This was a good pick.

ItzaGreat

How's your Mario impression?
Oct 22, 2017
World 2 - 3
Bull****. If anything, he inflated the players around him as far as point totals. He worked for the goals. Just watch the videos.

This guy didn't watch the same Highlights I did...on a lot of his goals, CC just snipes shots passed the goalie.

He didn't score 72 times only by pushing pucks in empty nets after a cross-crease from JH.

I think it went both ways.

Also, all 72 goals are available to be watched on Youtube.

Reactions: Redux91

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
I'm always happy to see players go the NCAA route to play against older guys, but I also (probably needlessly) worry about them having the option of going the UFA route.

I know it's unlikely but we see it every few years.

Reactions: atrud66

tooji

Nov 24, 2015
This is gonna be a homerun pick, essentially best possible outcome at the 15th pick. We should be thanking CC for being short, otherwise we would have never gotten a player like this.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Thanks Adam.

Loving the fact Gally gets to interview someone smaller than him, although it's worth noting how solid Gally actually is for his height. Take notes, Cole.

Gally is total gym rat. Borderline obsessive with it from what I hear.

Mr bodybuilder probably liked that when he selected him.

HabsDood

We're the best
Jun 30, 2008
Montreal
I worry about size. But if the guy has other things that make up for it then I am good. And this kid looks like he has those other tbings. This was a good pick.

I think he'll be fine and wants things to be NOW.. He did destroy that league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad