TSN: Colby Armstrong: "...I want to kick their ***"

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
I'm really not sure where the armstrong hate came from. He was a good player who gave it his all for us. It was a rough shake, but does every signing that doesn't work out have to be hated? Leafs fans can be whiners sometimes.
No one would really care enough to hate him if he didn't say that. I don't really care that he said it, but it's not like it's blind hate.

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
I'm really not sure where the armstrong hate came from. He was a good player who gave it his all for us. It was a rough shake, but does every signing that doesn't work out have to be hated? Leafs fans can be whiners sometimes.

My thoughts exactly..

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
In addition to this he was smiling like a ********* when they asked him about Burke's firing.

Well, what the hell would you expect?

He was basically told by his employer that he was too banged up, too unreliable, and too old to be apart of a team that he worked so hard to try and be on.

Then, when that employer is fired, he has a bunch of nerdy reporters looking for a malicious and humorous quote from a guy who generally is very playful with the media.

Really? Do people expect him to shed a tear for Burke, and have such a heartfelt connection to Toronto that he doesn't want to play against them?

I don't understand where the anti-Colby brigade are coming from. He was injured for a large part of his stay here. You know what's funny about injuries - they aren't a player's fault, they just happen.

I respect Armstrong - the guy tried to hide a concussion from the team because he was so anxious just to get on the ice and make an impact. A concussion, which coincidentally, was picked up trying to defend a teammate.

I've got nothing but respect for the guy. Didn't work out here, I wish him well, and expect nothing less than 110% when he has the chance to give it to us a little on Saturday.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
What is he suppose to say? I wanna go into the ACC and give all those guys a great big hug!

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
Somebody get Armstrong a stretcher he's probably going to get injured in the 2nd period.

pfft.

made of GLASS!!!

don't care he's gone. like, not at all...

onebighockeyfan

May 2, 2010
I hope he gets his ass kicked by Brown.

When Brown is not playing for the Leafs we'll be closer to making the playoffs.
Our bottom 6 is pathetic. Armstong is better than any of our bottom 6 and for 1 million he's a still.

Last edited:

onebighockeyfan

May 2, 2010
I don't really see a problem with what he said. Especially considering this is Colby Armstrong we're talking about here and we don't know the exact context he said it in. He's the type of person where half the stuff he says is sarcastic and he tries too hard to be funny.

Komarov is the next guy we'll throw under the bus.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Not sure but I would bet it's what every ex-player thinks when they face their old team for the first time. Not sure....

Pierre Gotye

Mar 17, 2009
McKinney, TX
Armstrong's kick *** style didn't do anything except keep him off the ice with injuries.

He was an overpaid, underperforming winger. Better, cheaper options were available. He's not a victim, but when you eat up salary, and roster space when you spend a majority of the time on IR you become quickly expendable

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad