TSN: Colby Armstrong: "...I want to kick their ***"

ITM

Out on the front line, don't worry I'll be fine...
Jan 26, 2012
In rap groups/acts, what do they call the guy that occassionally inserts a "yeah" between verses? Is it a "hype-man"?

That's Colby Armstrong...A very enthusiastic, well-meaning, Mr.Glass kind of fourh-line "grinder" who proves Sean Avery's sad assertion that most hockey players aren't that bright.

Enjoy the millions for nothing, Colby.

Leafs Nation bids you adieu.

Metal God

Aug 12, 2010
Toronto
He's the Carlo Coliacovo of forwards.

This is the Colaiacovo we all knew and loved. This would have been season ending if he was with the Leafs.

gaibB.gif

onebighockeyfan

May 2, 2010
I'm a fan of Komarov, and hope he's not overhyped. I hope he makes the team and makes a difference somehow. With that said, he'll have to earn his ice time.

Hope he's not overhyped? Too late for that, he's WAY overhyped on these forums. The guy would not crack the roster of almost every team in the League.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Hope he's not overhyped? Too late for that, he's WAY overhyped on these forums. The guy would not crack the roster of almost every team in the League.

Why do you say that? Is it because you've been watching KHL games extensively over the past couple years? You didn't like how he played with the Marlies earlier this season? Or is there another reason?

Really curious.

For myself, I haven't seen Komarov play THAT much other than with the Marlies. Reading what KHL fans have been saying about him, it's enough for me to know that he can easily be a good contributor at the NHL level. Being used as Ovechkin's linemate in the KHL sure has to be seen as a positive, even if it's just the KHL.

There's obviously a chance that he doesn't translate his game to the NHL but I think he's got a good chance to be able to.

For the most part, people see him as a 4th liner this year with upside to perhaps grow to a third line player for next year or so. If that's overrated, than I don't think you know what that means.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
poor colby, knowing him he'll kick somebodies arse, miss and go butt over tea-kettle and separate his shoulder and dislocate his ankle in one fell swoop

LTIR 7 weeks

hockeyfanz*

I couldn't care less about this never has been scrub. I was very happy with his buy out. Useless.

Oh yeah baby...glad the stiff is gone..nothing like hating one of your own....plug. The guy is an effin coward. Whose butt is he gonna kick? Phil Kessel? Please. The guy is a joke and I hope someone punches him square in the face like Ben Eager did.

feeel10

Sep 8, 2010
komarov is a huge upgrade over armstrong IMO. I'm not saying komarov will be a star, just that colby wasnt good enough at his job the last seasons. he was soft, not intimidating at all, couldnt kill penalties nor score at the other end.. the only good thing was that beeing always injured opened up spots for frattin, kadri and colborne a few times. I liked his personnality though and he seemed well liked by his mates..

RogerRoeper*

Poor Colby. Made millions for doing nothing but getting hurt constantly on the Leafs. What a tough life..

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Poor Colby. Made millions for doing nothing but getting hurt constantly on the Leafs. What a tough life..

He should actually be happy that Burke was classy enough to buy him out and let him pursue other opportunities.

If it were me, I'd have him play for the Marlies, even the ECHL if it were possible.

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
I don't know if anyone heard him on Cybalski today but he had toned it down quite a bit. I'm not sure if he was told to or if his original quote was more tongue in cheek(he is quite cheeky) but I wouldn't take it personally. He really didn't dis the Leafs at all today.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad