Confirmed with Link: [COL/SEA] Avs Acquire D Kurtis MacDermid for 2023 4th round pick

Misko

Sep 30, 2020
MacDermid is a very underwhelming hockey player but in my amateur experience of watching him play I'm not particularly convinced he's a total, singular liability on the ice, especially when he's playing forward; he's not gonna be driving the play, creating chances or shutting people down, but he's serviceable enough to be kept in the lineup for his main purpose which is sticking up for his teammates. Seeing him immediately without hesitation go after Greenway for his dirty hit on Kuemper, and to beat him up with authority, is great to see whether you're a fan or teammate. Throughout the season he's beat up Ryan Reaves and whenever a scrum happens the opposing team seems to immediately back down once MacDermid skates into the pile.

As far as "enforcers" go, MacDermid isn't as good at hockey as someone like Wilson, but he also isn't as obnoxious or careless as someone like Reaves, so you take what you get. One thing you can't say about MacDermid is that he gets suspended for his actions or goes for dirty hits like most current enforcers tend to, he just steps up, demolishes someone, and at worst gets thrown out of the game by the refs cause they're afraid of him, which at the end of the day you want Mac to sit for 5-10 or the game rather than Landy or Kadri.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
That's never stopped Landy before.
The ultimate for the Avs though was Lappy. Hell, he even chimed in for 21G-24A-45PTS in 05/06. That was also the year he only took 116 minutes in penalties. Dude should've won every single Lady Byng while he was with us. True gentleman on and off the ice, he just didn't tolerate shit. Other than Sean Avery, I never saw Lappy go looking for trouble.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
The Dermatologist baby

I'm a fan. Usually don't enjoy watching Ice Gorillas but this guy has applied himself fully to trying to play. Avoids stupid penalties and costly mistakes. Successfully influences the game with his toughness when it's called for.
Let's get him into the NHL All Star game. Another John Scott tribute!

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
His value has never been higher, maybe they can get a 3rd rounder at TDL. Still watching him live you can see he's just overmatched out there, hes like JMFJ scrambling and trying to avert danger in his own end. Can't believe they trust him as a d man. Surely Barron gives them more in the third pairing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad