Proposal: COL - PIT

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I have absolutely watched him play lol, he floats a good majority of the back check and doesn't have great acceleration man. I'm not sure if you are just used to seeing him skate along side oleksiak and gudbranson but yeah. Once again I'll say it for you nice and clear , personally I don't think he fits our system well and I don't like the proposal posted. Welcome to the real world where people differ in opinions lol

You are certainly allowed to have an opinion that is comically wrong.

If only Mackinnon could skate as fast as McDavid he wouldn’t look so slow to me.

Just like, my opinion man.

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I have absolutely watched him play lol, he floats a good majority of the back check and doesn't have great acceleration man. I'm not sure if you are just used to seeing him skate along side oleksiak and gudbranson but yeah. Once again I'll say it for you nice and clear , personally I don't think he fits our system well and I don't like the proposal posted. Welcome to the real world where people differ in opinions lol

It’s not an opinion that Kessel is fast. You’re just straight up wrong.

Kessel has 6 points less than Ratanen last year. He fits your system perfectly and is a two time cup winner while putting up 20 pt post seasons as racked up 90 and 80 the last two years.

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
It’s not an opinion that Kessel is fast. You’re just straight up wrong.

Kessel has 6 points less than Ratanen last year. He fits your system perfectly and is a two time cup winner while putting up 20 pt post seasons as racked up 90 and 80 the last two years.

Glad you'll enjoy him next season

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
I don’t think you sign him to another deal in 3 years. I think you acquire him now while all your stars are still cheap and give yourself the best chance to win a cup. Let Kessel walk in 3 years and use that money to give Mack his raise. Paying a 1st and prospect for those 3 years of elite play is worth it in my opinion.

But even if you wanted to re-up him I don’t think at 35 Kessel gets a huge contract. He honestly might just retire after these 3 years

If we don't likely sign him to another deal in 3 years, which I agree is unlikely, I'm not interested. I want a long term solution for our top 6, not a 3 year bandaid. The Avs are in a great position to be very competitive in the very near future, but that's going to come with a cap crunch sooner rather than later, as our youngsters come off their ELCs, and Mack/Landy get their near contracts over the next 3 years. I think we're better off preparing for that cap crunch now, rather than trying to go all in now before we even know if what we really have in Makar, Byram, Newhook, Bowers, Kaut, Compher, Jost, Girard, etc. I get the optimism and temptation to go all in now, but we're still building the foundation of the team here, and don't need to cause ourselves long term headaches in an attempt to rush it.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
Glad you'll enjoy him next season

Kessel is being moved because our team has underachieved and they want to move one of the major pieces to turn a new page in the room and help with cap space.

Not because he is “slow” lol

You can not like the deal, and I actually agree with you because I doubt the Avs have to give up that much. But, you’re viewing of the player is just flat out wrong.

I’d see it likely being Kerfoot + 3rd or a 1st and a player like Calvert or Nieto.

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
Kessel is being moved because our team has underachieved and they want to move one of the major pieces to turn a new page in the room and help with cap space.

Not because he is “slow” lol

You can not like the deal, and I actually agree with you because I doubt the Avs have to give up that much. But, you’re viewing of the player is just flat out wrong.

I’d see it likely being Kerfoot + 3rd or a 1st and a player like Calvert or Nieto.

I said I've liked Kessel. I don't agree that he's fast. He floats, alot. Maybe if he's trying his hardest and not floating he can be fast but when I seen the games he played and mostly on the third line, he coasted on the back check and didn't have zone breaking speed when carrying the puck down the ice. Trying to say he's a fast player and will burn wide by dmen is also wrong lol. But yeah we have no second or third so only way I like the deal is if our first isn't involved. Not into missing the first three rounds.

Danvalanche

Feb 13, 2019
I would honestly take kessel if we can’t get lee, zuc, or Panarin. 3 years isn’t terrible. I mean we took Cole for 3 for god sakes. Kessel is an instant upgrade no matter what happens. We have the room and then some. I would go for the other 3 first though.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
I have no clue clearly there’s a rift between him and the coaching staff otherwise there would be no trade rumors.

You act like we’re trying to dump him because he sucks :laugh: dude just had 90 points then 80 points he’s still a hell of a player

We're not here to do you a favor. Sorry. Perhaps another team will be interested?

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
I said I've liked Kessel. I don't agree that he's fast. He floats, alot. Maybe if he's trying his hardest and not floating he can be fast but when I seen the games he played and mostly on the third line, he coasted on the back check and didn't have zone breaking speed when carrying the puck down the ice. Trying to say he's a fast player and will burn wide by dmen is also wrong lol. But yeah we have no second or third so only way I like the deal is if our first isn't involved. Not into missing the first three rounds.

Two of the first three goals are literally him burning D and getting breakaways because of his speed.

Just stop.

Last edited:

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Compared to the style of the league now, he's slow. He'd be the slowest on the avs immediately and it goes against our style of attack. So my point stands, he'd be good for our pp and if his linemates can find him open. If he's that good and your that high on him keep him. Learn that you will receive opinions from other fan bases when you include their team in a made up proposal.
Double down all you want , you have no clue about Kessel ,so I wont respond anymore about this nonsense after this reply

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014

Two of the first three goals are literally him burning D and getting breakaways because of his speed.

Just stop.

He's already past the defense and going forward and the dmen have to pivot lmao. He's not the type to get the puck at his own blue line and bring it by the dmen wide. It's amazing how specific I need to be. Alot of guys that are sprung on breakaways can't maintain the head start, I've seen Byfuglien do it too. Again I'll say it, I like kessel but I wouldnt trade the offered proposal that has been my main point. Defend his speed all you want.

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
Double down all you want , you have no clue about Kessel ,so I wont respond anymore about this nonsense after this reply

Quick question, why do the pens want to move the elite speedster Kessel for Zucker who produces much less and only makes a mill less?

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
He's already past the defense and going forward and the dmen have to pivot lmao. He's not the type to get the puck at his own blue line and bring it by the dmen wide. It's amazing how specific I need to be. Alot of guys that are sprung on breakaways can't maintain the head start, I've seen Byfuglien do it too. Again I'll say it, I like kessel but I wouldnt trade the offered proposal that has been my main point. Defend his speed all you want.

This was literally his go to move in his prime?

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
Kessel does not fit in our top six and a million in savings is huge for us.

What you mean is that in your opinion and the managements opinion he doesn't fit your top 6 because of what type of attack they are going for. Cause why else wouldn't Kessel be on Crosby's right, or even malkins. They had him on the third line and stacked the pp. That's how I feel about having him with the avs. His style in my opinion does fit our top 6 mold so I wouldn't spend what was proposed

yeaher

May 3, 2019
But there's zero guarantee that Kessel is the piece that gets it done, regardless of his cap hit. It's a short term, risky trade, and gives away a future piece for a short term bandaid. I watched Pierre LaCroix do that for years, and the team struggled for the last 10+ years to recover. As a result, I'd prefer to keep our 1st round picks and keep stocking the prospect pool, so we aren't forced to make another trade in 3 years because our 2020 1st round pick won't be available as a potential replacement when Kessel is a UFA.
Zero guarantee with any player, this one has a track record though

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
What you mean is that in your opinion and the managements opinion he doesn't fit your top 6 because of what type of attack they are going for. Cause why else wouldn't Kessel be on Crosby's right, or even malkins. They had him on the third line and stacked the pp. That's how I feel about having him with the avs. His style in my opinion does fit our top 6 mold so I wouldn't spend what was proposed

Kessel spent a majority of his ES time in the top 6. Malkin was his most common line mate. If you don’t like the proposal fine but why make **** up.

Kessel’s slow and would be the slowest player on the Av’s. Thanks for the laugh. :laugh: Kessel has been in the All Star fastest skater contest before. They don’t ask slow guys. His time was 13.596 for context McDavid won this year with 13.378.

Last edited:

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
Kessel spent a majority of his ES time in the top 6. Malkin was his most common line mate. If you don’t like the proposal fine but why make **** up.

Kessel’s slow and would be the slowest player on the Av’s. Thanks for the laugh. :laugh: Kessel has been in the All Star fastest skater contest before. They don’t ask slow guys. His time was 13.596 for context McDavid won this year with 13.378.

That was four years ago. Again if the offer is for Kessler four years ago I take it. And no I was a Kessel fantasy owner and for alot of the season he was on the third line and bouncing back and forth. was a pp beast though. Scored in bunches, lots of streaks where he'd shoot very little and be minus 2 or more every game. I don't hate Kessel I'm just saying I don't think he fits our system. I could be wrong and he comes over and scores 80 who knows, but Jesus relax already

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
That was four years ago. Again if the offer is for Kessler four years ago I take it. And no I was a Kessel fantasy owner and for alot of the season he was on the third line and bouncing back and forth. was a pp beast though. Scored in bunches, lots of streaks where he'd shoot very little and be minus 2 or more every game. I don't hate Kessel I'm just saying I don't think he fits our system. I could be wrong and he comes over and scores 80 who knows, but Jesus relax already

I am relaxed again thanks for the LOL’s. He’s still a fast player. I watch almost every game and using the numbers he played about 70% of the time in the top 6 last season. He was 4th in forwards for ES ATOI (on the Pens) so you’re story doesn’t check out. Facts don’t care about your fantasy team anecdote.

If you don’t think think he’s a good fit fine and he might not be but your making up stuff like suggesting he played the majority on the third line or he’d be the slowest Av player. You do still have his former teammate Ian Cole (that I’ve seen a lot) yeah who he’d burn in a foot race.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad