Confirmed Trade: [COL/NSH] Yakov Trenin and Graham Sward for Jeremy Hanzel and 2025 3rd round pick

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Another player who got overvalued by teams fans

Predator fans were wanting a 1st or 2nd and decent prospect for this guy start of the season
I don't think a late 2nd would be out of the question for him after last year. Maybe a late 1st if paired with Carrier, but I don't think we were banking on it.

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
I hate how the Avs make great TDL moves year after year. They've really upgraded their roster. Scary team
lars-eller-2020-49.jpg

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
DAMN! Trenin was a guy I wanted on the Pens for a while, cant believe Colordao snapped him up that cheap.

They're going to take a pound of flesh out of anyone they meet. Nice work

lakeshirts37

Jun 25, 2019
Not really, a late 2nd wouldn't be too far off his value coming into the year. I suspect we couldn't re-sign him and got what we could.
Again, thats not the point. I was told 1st rounder or they’d just hold onto him because later picks not worth it - classic case of fanbase overvaluing a player. clearly a 3rd rounder was worth it

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Nuke is back in practice; will play next game. The big question mark is Landeskog -- if he returns and, if he does, how bad he looks after missing two years. They've got Kovalenko coming over from the KHL shortly and should get a bottom six look at some point, I think, but might just warm the press box at this point.

It's possible LOC has a longer term injury. If LOC cames back, sans Landeskog, we're looking at this right now:

Lehkonen - MacKinnon - Rantanen
Drouin - Mittelstadt - Nishushkin
Wood - Colton - O'Connor
Parise - Trenin - Duhaime
Cogliano - Kovalenko

They've basically built a brand new fourth line.
Trenin isn't a center. He's been on Sissons wing pretty much since he got in the league.

Reactions: triggrman

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Trenin isn't a center. He's been on Sissons wing pretty much since he got in the league.
I'm aware; still expect that's where the Avs will try to slot him. They've got a ton of wingers and no natural fourth line centre on the team. They also like weird rotations where they have wingers like Parise and Cogliano step in to take draws for the fourth line.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
I'm aware; still expect that's where the Avs will try to slot him. They've got a ton of wingers and no natural fourth line centre on the team. They also like weird rotations where they have wingers like Parise and Cogliano step in to take draws for the fourth line.
faceoffs wouldn't be were he'd struggle, the dzone coverage isn't anything he's every done. That's square peg round hole stuff.....

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Again, thats not the point. I was told 1st rounder or they’d just hold onto him because later picks not worth it - classic case of fanbase overvaluing a player. clearly a 3rd rounder was worth it
I mean that was based on what Trotz was telling everyone. I mean not just a couple of days ago they said on the Preds broadcast he was keeping him.

Trotz isn't Poile so it's been rough knowing what to expect. Had it been Poile and heading into the playoffs he would have kept him unless it was an offer like that.

Heck he has been talking about adding at the deadline for the last several days so who flipping knows at this point.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
faceoffs wouldn't be were he'd struggle, the dzone coverage isn't anything he's every done. That's square peg round hole stuff.....
Who does he play with that does the Dzone coverage? Im imagining him playing with cogs and duhaimn who are both defensively sound.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
The Avs have never seen a square peg they haven't tried to drill into a round hole. You underestimate their penchant to play wingers at centre :thumbu:

Bednar already said here they've supposedly seen him at wing and centre and will figure out where he slots in. It's a near guarantee they going to at least try it.

Reactions: triggrman

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
The Avs have never seen a square peg they haven't tried to drill into a round hole. You underestimate their penchant to play wingers at centre :thumbu:

Bednar already said here they've supposedly seen him at wing and centre and will figure out where he slots in. It's a near guarantee they going to at least try it.
No they haven't because he's never played center, don't even think he did in the AHL. They've never even tried him there in Nashville.

Reactions: Bender and Avs44

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
The small bit of offensive abilities on the 4th line is huge for the playoffs. That Cogs-Helm-LoC line was brilliant in the cup win. Even Nico Sturm added a crucial assist.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad