Confirmed Trade: [COL/NSH] Yakov Trenin and Graham Sward for Jeremy Hanzel and 2025 3rd round pick

canuckslover10

Apr 10, 2014
Are AVS cup favorites now or does that belong to Vegas cause they've literally fixed every need of theirs except a backup goalie, which apparently they are also working on.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
The two prospects seem like basically a wash, so Trenin straight up for a 3rd? That's a nice deal. How sure of a thing is Nichuskin returning this year? Seems like they're adding a lot of bodies up front
Nuke is back in practice; will play next game. The big question mark is Landeskog -- if he returns and, if he does, how bad he looks after missing two years. They've got Kovalenko coming over from the KHL shortly and should get a bottom six look at some point, I think, but might just warm the press box at this point.

It's possible LOC has a longer term injury. If LOC cames back, sans Landeskog, we're looking at this right now:

Lehkonen - MacKinnon - Rantanen
Drouin - Mittelstadt - Nishushkin
Wood - Colton - O'Connor
Parise - Trenin - Duhaime
Cogliano - Kovalenko

They've basically built a brand new fourth line.

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
But we just started doing the memes.
That’s why we traded for a Yakov.

1709842092364.jpeg

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
Hanzel was seen has a top prospect for us...for what ir realy worth. Im curious about the other one coming back. Statwise, it looks great

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
The press are in a playoff spot, why make this trade?
Trenin is a UFA might not re-sign and we have plenty of bottom sixers. Still feel like we lost this one. Would rather add Carrier to him and see if we could have gotten a 2nd

Why did Nashville traded Trenin to a potential playoff match up?

AVS putting in work
UFA and we're more pretenders than contenders.

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
Hanzel was seen has a top prospect for us...for what ir realy worth. Im curious about the other one coming back. Statwise, it looks great
That makes me feel a little better, I was more bummed about Sward's name than Trenin's. Really interesting that two similar D prospects were included.

My assumption is Trenin wanted to test free agency. Makes sense to get value back for him.

Reactions: Soundgarden

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad