Confirmed Trade: [COL/NSH] Yakov Trenin and Graham Sward for Jeremy Hanzel and 2025 3rd round pick

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Another player who got overvalued by teams fans

Predator fans were wanting a 1st or 2nd and decent prospect for this guy start of the season

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
The press are in a playoff spot, why make this trade?
He wasn't going to extend(actually had a pretty contentious last contract negotiation) and Trotz didn't want to lose him for nothing.

I mean, it's a 3rd round pick for a decent, physical 4th liner.

I guess maybe him scoring that late goal against the Avs earlier this year made an impression.

If I thought we had a chance at a serious playoff run, I'd have preferred to keep him, but as it is, a 3rd is about right.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Nuke is back in practice; will play next game. The big question mark is Landeskog -- if he returns and, if he does, how bad he looks after missing two years. They've got Kovalenko coming over from the KHL shortly and should get a bottom six look at some point, I think, but might just warm the press box at this point.

It's possible LOC has a longer term injury. If LOC cames back, sans Landeskog, we're looking at this right now:

Lehkonen - MacKinnon - Rantanen
Drouin - Mittelstadt - Nishushkin
Wood - Colton - O'Connor
Parise - Trenin - Duhaime
Cogliano - Kovalenko

They've basically built a brand new fourth line.
I'm honestly surprised they did both this move and Duhaime. Their forward depth is nuts but after moving Byram they're one injury away from being pretty thin on the back end. Suppose they could still do something else but cap space is dwindling

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
That's a nice deal. How sure of a thing is Nichuskin returning this year? Seems like they're adding a lot of bodies up front
Think it is a bigger reflection on Landeskog. I don't think they will risk letting him back early if they don't have to.
Also, not sure what LOC's situation is, and although he came back, that incident with Parise last night may be something to watch.

Depth was a concern, but looks like CMac is tired of HFAvs bitching.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Excellent work by the Avs. I wanted trenin as a target for NJD for a WHILE

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
I'm honestly surprised they did both this move and Duhaime. Their forward depth is nuts but after moving Byram they're one injury away from being pretty thin on the back end. Suppose they could still do something else but cap space is dwindling
They have 2.1 mil with a full 23 man roster.

Likely have 3M if you send one down and add a dman.

Avs have PLENTY of space still.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Is that the same Hansel that just re-signed?

Attachments

• Hansel.gif
    Hansel.gif
    493.4 KB · Views: 1
  • Haha
Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

mab894

Nov 27, 2017
I hate how the Avs make great TDL moves year after year. They've really upgraded their roster. Scary team

Reactions: Linds

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
They have 2.1 mil with a full 23 man roster.

Likely have 3M if you send one down and add a dman.

Avs have PLENTY of space still.
Sure, but with the apparent "guaranteed" goalie move coming as well... just between assets and cap space it's getting a little tight but interesting to see what they do. I really think Jordan Harris would be a good add for them on the 3rd pair, still has some outside potential as a 2nd pair D

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
Sure, but with the apparent "guaranteed" goalie move coming as well... just between assets and cap space it's getting a little tight but interesting to see what they do. I really think Jordan Harris would be a good add for them on the 3rd pair, still has some outside potential as a 2nd pair D
The Avs have a few injuries right now to their bottom 6, so it’s entirely possible they have even more cap than what we see.

No doubt, maybe some more assets go out. But we’re likely talking about a back up goalie and a 6-7D. Doubtful that it’s anything too expensive.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
How many bottom six forwards do the Avs need?!?!?

CMac did essentially nothing all year long then apparently woke up yesterday, said "f*** it," and finally started answering phone calls.
He just figured out he has a voicemail

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 2