Confirmed Trade: [COL/NSH] Cody McLeod for Felix Girard

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
The post I quoted was about money...

I mean the retaining vs just sending him down thing. We could've saved more by just sending him down, but it's more about a culture change and giving a long time Avalanche a chance to win. Saving an extra 150k is irrelevant.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
For as much as McLeod was celebrated and people kept getting told how much he meant to the team, the fact that he was dumped off and the Avalanche got back jack **** for him probably says more about the direction the Avalanche are leaning towards. Maybe Greg Sherman was allowed to play with a calculator.

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
I mean the retaining vs just sending him down thing. We could've saved more by just sending him down, but it's more about a culture change and giving a long time Avalanche a chance to win. Saving an extra 150k is irrelevant.

Again, the post I quoted referred to saving cap space.

And I believe it's not so much about culture change as Sakic doing him a favor as you stated.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Again, the post I quoted referred to saving cap space.

And I believe it's not so much about culture change as Sakic doing him a favor as you stated.

When I said it's not about the money, it was in reference that this wasn't a move motivated by money on our part.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
wow, mcleod had been with the avs forever

seems like this trade is pretty much just the avs doing mcleod a favor

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
Us retaining is probably so Highlander can partly remain an Av. :sarcasm:

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
They already are at the bottom!

Getting McLeod off of the team and he still annoys Russo and the Wild? Huge win for the Avs.

My hot take is Nashville is gonna do work to get McLeod to convince Duchene to request a trade there.

If Duchene could go anywhere else his choice would be Nashville but he doesn't have a contract where he has that kind of authority. In saying that I would love to get Jost's BFF Fabbro from Nashville. I would never want him to be the main piece of a deal for Duchene but I'd love for him to be involved somehow.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
If Duchene could go anywhere else his choice would be Nashville but he doesn't have a contract where he has that kind of authority. In saying that I would love to get Jost's BFF Fabbro from Nashville. I would never want him to be the main piece of a deal for Duchene but I'd love for him to be involved somehow.

Duchene is a fantastic player and if traded, a team outside the division. Preferred options Montreal - Sergachev or Canes- Hannifin.

Gabe the Babe

Apr 24, 2014
Sakic says it's to make room for EJ also. Girard's contract is up at the end of the year I believe as well. So it's kinda good to make a roster space for next year as well. Girard isn't gonna be resigned imo.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Well crap. McLeod always provided the threat (?) of drama in Wild/Avs games.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00