CA
This seems bad for Nashville

I thought they were high on Girard

Edit: Nevermind wrong guy

Last edited:

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I think it's more Sakic doing McLeod a favor than trying to get value here. An undersized AHL forward that doesn't put up points has about zero value.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
I think it's more Sakic doing McLeod a favor than trying to get value here. An undersized AHL forward that doesn't put up points has about zero value.

This. McLeod mentioned a couple weeks ago he might be alright with a trade. For him to say that was a rather big deal.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
This seems bad for Nashville

I thought they were high of Girard

You're thinking of Samuel Girard, who is one of our top prospects.

This is Felix Girard, who is barely an AHL player.

It's a junk for junk trade, but Nashville has been getting pushed around a bit lately so maybe they felt like they needed someone who could intervene periodically.

Stories

Science!
Sep 10, 2006
Los Angeles, CA
Uhh... ok. I know we didn't really like McLeod the past few years, but does this do anything to affect the room? He's a well liked guy and has been with the team his whole career...

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
Uhh... ok. I know we didn't really like McLeod the past few years, but does this do anything to affect the room? He's a well liked guy and has been with the team his whole career...
I mean considering where the Avs are at, disrupting the locker room might not be a negative.

joshyhockey26

Dec 6, 2015
st louis

Was thinking this. Talent wise of course he has limits but I've never heard anything bad about him character wise.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
I'm glad to read McLeod is a teammate favorite\intangibles guy. That's supposedly something that's been an issue for Nashville since Weber left. A little leadership and toughness is probably a good thing for us.

Can he kill penalties or anything like that?

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Nice move for the Avs. Hard to believe any team would be willing to take McLeod with another year on the contract.

Edit: Looks like there's some retention at least

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
I'm glad to read McLeod is a teammate favorite\intangibles guy. That's supposedly something that's been an issue for Nashville since Weber left. A little leadership and toughness is probably a good thing for us.

I just want him to crash the net, throw his weight around and drop the gloves when needed.

Eyre

Mar 16, 2016
When i first read this trade I thought it was Micheal McLeod (NJD) for Samuel Girard. Less exciting when the real first names finally punctured my brain.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000

At one time he was an okay PK guy, but he's been getting slower and less effective over the last couple of years, so I wouldn't really trust him out there anymore.

He doesn't really have the skating anymore to be effective on the forecheck the way that he was in the past, and is a pretty borderline NHLer at this point. Still, for what the Predators are giving up it's not a bad deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00