Confirmed Trade: [COL/NSH] Cody McLeod for Felix Girard

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Watch as this is what turns the Avs around as they go on a Sens like streak to the playoffs.

I genuinely feel bad for Picard. He's a good young goalie who gets very little support.

Goose312

May 15, 2015
Had to be within the central? Tired of seeing that stupid toothless face 5 times a year.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
As a Wild fan, I really don't know how I feel about this. McLeod is annoying.

Rackham

Nov 25, 2013
Colorado
Not even joking my favorite player on the team. Gave everything he had and never hesitated to stand up for his teammates. Never complained, always accepted his role.

Good luck in Nashville.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Uhh... ok. I know we didn't really like McLeod the past few years, but does this do anything to affect the room? He's a well liked guy and has been with the team his whole career...

It's a team that's won like 3 out of it's last 25 games, and got nothing in return.

Pretty sure the point is to effect the room.

ZiGOODejad

intangibles
Nov 30, 2013
It's a team that's won like 3 out of it's last 25 games, and got nothing in return.

Pretty sure the point is to effect the room.

well they need to make a bigger impact on effecting the room. cause that is definitely not enough

Rumplesnipeskin

Bar Down
Nov 30, 2011
Colorado
I think this is a very interesting trade, as minor as the pieces are. McLeod knows he is done when his contract is up. Give the man a shot at the cup, I think he is value-neutral in the regular season but the added bonus comes in the form of grit and leadership needed for the playoffs.

Avs fans/posters know I'm an outspoken opponent of McLeod's on Avs boards, but in a limited role even I admit it looked like McLeod had something to give as recently as the beginning of the season. And no one on the team has looked good since then (or before, really :help:).

Don't really care what's coming back, going to the AHL. Not expecting anything from the return. Best wishes for McLeod, a team player through and through.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I'm glad to read McLeod is a teammate favorite\intangibles guy. That's supposedly something that's been an issue for Nashville since Weber left. A little leadership and toughness is probably a good thing for us.

Can he kill penalties or anything like that?

Well, he'll usually be in the box, so there's that.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Great, now McLeod can attack Granlund wearing a different color jersey.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I'm a bit surprised we even bothered to move him. Not like we wouldn't have space.

He asked for it and deserved it. It's his last contract and he didn't to waste the last year playing for a rebuilding team. It's easily understandable and he's been literally the most loyal AVS player ever.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00