GDT: WCSF GM02 | Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Fri. May 10th | 7pm PST | SNP/CBC | Don’t Change That Channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
If Draisaitl is dressed, he'll still be effective in his usual side shot spot.

Hyman's first goal in Game 1 was telegraphed enormously, and still didn't stop it. Hope we can nail down some of those cross seam passes today.
Sorry, I should have elaborated. If its a back or abdominal injury it would affect the speed and velocity he gets his shots off which could affect the PP

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
Oh god, not that asshole Sutherland again.

ruined.jpg

drax0s

Mar 18, 2014
Vancouver, BC.
If Vancouver tries to make skilled plays down low and either coughs up the puck or misses a shot, it leaves the Oilers in a good position to counter quickly, especially because their forwards are already positioned high in the zone to make their breakout more like a jailbreak. It’s a potentially novel approach to impose Edmonton’s preferred pace and style on this series, and one that worked particularly well in the first half of Game 1.
You'd think if this was the case (and was successful), it would lead to a lot more odd-man rushes or breakaways? That wasn't really the case in Game 1.
  • 1st Goal - Powerplay goal.
  • 2nd Goal - Zone entry (2 vs line of 3 Canucks) to gain zone and then extended ozone time.
  • 3rd Goal - Point shot off zone entry (1 vs 3 Canucks).
  • 4th Goal - Zone entry (2 vs 4 Canucks).

Reactions: I am toxic

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
I think folks here and on twitter are blowing this perceived ref vendetta way out of proportion and its pretty pathetic.

Every NHL team has fans who think all refs or certain refs are out to get them. It's a practicality in every sport. Even if one believes there is a bias, this team has shown its resilience and its ability to overcome anything thrown at them this season. Those suggesting that the game is lost before it even happens are applying some strong false equivalence. These fans are ignoring the capabilities of this team and what they've already proven they can accomplish.

Take the moral and sporting high ground, Vancouver. There's no winning by complaining about the refs. I guarantee you that none of the players are worried about Sutherland or any other individual ref.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I think folks here and on twitter are blowing this perceived ref vendetta way out of proportion and its pretty pathetic.

Every NHL team has fans who think all refs or certain refs are out to get them. It's a practicality in every sport. Even if one believes there is a bias, this team has shown its resilience and its ability to overcome anything thrown at them this season. Those suggesting that the game is lost before it even happens are applying some strong false equivalence. These fans are ignoring the capabilities of this team and what they've already proven they can accomplish.

Take the moral and sporting high ground, Vancouver. There's no winning by complaining about the refs. I guarantee you that none of the players are worried about Sutherland or any other individual ref.

I'm taking it you didn't watch the 2013 SJ series.

TruKnyte

Give me the meds now
Jan 1, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Think we're going to need to score at least 4 goals to win this one. Oilers will get their PP chances, and my guess is they score at least 1 or 2 with the man advantage. Will be a tough test.

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
Read on X that the Canucks are 0-7-1 in the last 8 games reffed by Sutherland.
I don't think that is true? A quick google search of the last two seasons of Canucks games where Sutherland was a referee:

3/19/2022 - L - CGY 5 (4 PIM) VAN 2 (4 PIM) Link
4/18/2022 - W - VAN 6 (7 PIM) DAL 2 (9 PIM) Link
1/3/2023 - L - NYI 6 (6 PIM) VAN 2 (4 PIM) Link
11/6/2023 - W - VAN 6 (8 PIM) EDM 2 (24 PIM) Link
12/17/2023 - W - VAN 4 (13 PIM) CHI 3 (23 PIM) Link
4/2/2024 - L - VGK 6 (8 PIM) VAN 3 (21 PIM) Link

platotld

Fly Canucks Fly
Jun 18, 2014
Fraser valley
Last edited:

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I have not updated my page in years but.... Fire Kelly Sutherland Facebook

If we can win this one, I think oilers country starts to panic, I mean they are already spreading copium and false narrtives on their board to give fans there hope, example below

View attachment 868361View attachment 868361

That's funny because I thought that their arena was an absolute morgue in the bits of the LA series I watched. Absolutely nothing like the atmosphere we've got going.

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver

We've called this dogshit ref out multiple times this season and jokingly stated "well there goes the game", only to see it actually happen. You cannot make up 0-7-1 in the last 8 games reffed by this clown when the team itself is in the upper echelon of the league.

Should also be noted that I believe Eric Furlatt was the ref for that game against Winnipeg where Juulsen's decline started showing (amidst a bunch of terrible calls).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad