GDT: COL @ ARI: Links By Day; Pucks By Night (9ET / 7MT)

Golfer Check! How good of a golfer are you?

• I've shot under par more than once

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Single digit handicap

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • If I shoot over 100, it's a VERY bad day

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Uhh....I'm just here to drive the cart and hit on the beer cart girl

Votes: 19 40.4%
  • Yeah....find me in the clubhouse

Votes: 16 34.0%

• Total voters

MonsterMack

He did the Mack, He did the monster Mack
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2013
Arvada, CO
We wont know until hes gone but what I do know is he will never be that guy in Denver while Makar is there.
Maybe, if he was the top D, on PP1, he could produce points. I don't really doubt that. But his defensive play and decision making as a 2nd pairing D has been so bad I just don't really care about him anymore.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Attended the game tonight, man that's a fun place to watch a game. Forget about the nonsense everyone says about it go see it for yourself.

And man some Avs fans just make us look bad. Guy in front of me with a Roy jersey on was bitching for a good 5 minutes about how could we be "struggling against the league's worst team". Coyote fan told him to STFU and go check the standings once in his life. Dumb Avs fan says something stupid like he wants to fight and then goes off to buy another beer. Just before the end of the second this guy was wobbling and almost fell over into the next row. Unfortunately in preventing his fall he dropped a full beer onto another Avs fan and there was almost a fight there. Some people should just go to a bar instead of pay $100+ to watch hockey games but what do I know?

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
I believe it. I always said Mackinnons rise to elite status started November 5th, 2017. Byram likely is a guy that needs to be THE guy. He will never be the guy in Denver while Makar is here so he either needs to get traded or wait a few years when Makar goes to Calgary. I dont think he wants to wait. He above everyone else probably understands that you need to make as much money as fast as possible as a pro athlete.
Byram can't be THE guy on an NHL team. He's just not that good. And there's nothing wrong with that. Very few players in the league can be the best player on a team. And Byram sure ain't one of them.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Performances like this have become too common and quite frankly is unacceptable.

Screenshot 2023-11-30 203754.png

That's a lot of money actively hurting the team right now.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Byram can't be THE guy on an NHL team. He's just not that good. And there's nothing wrong with that. Very few players in the league can be the best player on a team. And Byram sure ain't one of them.
And no matter how much some people around here have great imaginations, the guy they could trade Byram for won't be the best player on the team either.

Reactions: NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Wasn’t Byram good to start the season when Avs went 6-0? Then the entire team struggled for a little bit. Now a lot of you are ready to get rid of Bo but if I recall correctly some of you didn’t want Toews resigned because we had Byram.

Seriously just chill and give it time. Byram should be fine. If he struggles all season then maybe we can talk about getting rid of him in the offseason

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Byram was the best player according to this lol ironic considering.
I don't get the Byram hate. I mean, nobody is enamored with the delay of game stuff, and he seriously needs to clean that up post haste; but I don't think he's been nearly as bad as his detractors make him out to be. In the interest of fairness, he also is not playing up to the level we've seen in the past. It's more of him not being great combined with the delay of game stuff that has people overreacting, I think.

For the record, outside of briefly during our cup run, I've never seen Byram as a #1 but more of that guy you will need, if playing to his capabilities, on the second pair if you want to go far.

Last edited:
Reactions: CobraAcesS

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
All the more reason to improve the 2nd line, to take some time away from Mack/Moose/Nuke. Instead they are playing 25 mins/game like today and are dogged.
Improve the second by moving Val to it and move Tartar up to MacKinnon's line. If you're going to have a useless line at 5v5 stack it with your useless players.

• Haha
Reactions: CobraAcesS

MonsterMack

He did the Mack, He did the monster Mack
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2013
Arvada, CO
For the record, outside of briefly during our cup run, I've never seen Makar as a #1 but more of that guy you will need, if playing to his capabilities, on the second pair if you want to go far.
..............................................f***ing what? The guy who is universally celebrated, in contention of being the best player in the league, won a norris and conn smythe in the same year. WHAT!?

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I love posting here but some of the things I’m reading right now makes me want to take a break from this place, and all because of OT loss vs freakin Yotes?

Byram is the worst player on earth
Makar is not a #1 d-man

I mean give me a break

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Man oh man if we could swindle Cozens out of Buffalo for Byram, I would fly to Denver to drive Byram back to the airport.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: jabubenice

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad