Confirmed with Link: [COL/ARI] Avs Acquire G D.Kuemper($1m ret.) for D C.Timmins + 2022 COL 1st + 2024 COL 3rd(cond.)

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
It’s unlike Joe to be backed into a corner. I suspect Gru may have turned the negotiation on them.

Yeah, and Joe needs to stop this shit and learn from it. He should have back then when Stastny went. Especially on the goalie-market. Draw a deadline. Either the player and agent accept, or not. That buys you time explore other options. Maybe then you don´t have to pay a high price because there are no other options left.

Next season deal with your FA on time or draw deadlines.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
On todays podcast near the end AJ said that he confirmed that yes it is lottery protected. Might want to get that from another source as well though..

What the hell? How has this not been officially confirmed yet? Man our reporters suck. I've seen it flip flop back and forth about six times now. I have no idea which is true.

Reactions: Metallo

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
So... he seems adjusted. When do they extend him? For how awful he looked early in the season he's been great.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
The UFA goalie market is God awful next summer. If they don't extend him Sakic will have to spend assets to trade for another starter and he'll be pretty damn low in assets so it doesn’t look good at all.

If he's willing to sign for 3 or 4 years we should extend him now.

Reactions: Bowe Byrum

Bowe Byrum

Nov 22, 2021
The UFA goalie market is God awful next summer. If they don't extend him Sakic will have to spend assets to trade for another starter and he'll be pretty damn low in assets so it doesn’t look good at all.

If he's willing to sign for 3 or 4 years we should extend him now.
He should get more than Grubauer. Hopefully around the same

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
He should get more than Grubauer. Hopefully around the same

Maybe. It's a case where I believe he might like his situation enough to give us a discount. He has never played in a great team and has a real shot to win cup(s) here. He also had a horrible beginning of the year.

He should get 5.5-6M x 4-6 yrs in the open market. I hope he takes a slight discount to stay here.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Give Nuke 8x6 million, Kuemper 5x7 million. Both need to stay. The depth is a youth movement

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
IMO I think the Avs have a shot at getting Kuemp below 6M for a few reasons:
- At his age and because he has played on a lot of bad teams all his career he might want to stay on this team which should still be very good next season.
- Bednar's system fits him very well.
- The Avs can use his bad start and Gru's disastrous season after signing for 6M to bring that AAV down a bit.
- Kuemp can't really force Sakic's hand to pay 6M or more because the Avs can't afford that and they will just walk away from the table like they did with Gru.
-Kuemp could most likely get that amount from the Oilers but until they show they can play better defensively will he want to go there and risk to have a season like Gru is having especially with the start of the season he has had with a team like the Avs.
- Let's not forget about the pressure the Oilers will have next season especially the next goalie there and also being in a Canadian market.

At the end of the day the ball will be in Kuemp's court. At his age will he want to keep playing for a contender for less money or go for the money like Gru but he might be playing for a worst team than the Avs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad