Confirmed with Link: COL acquire F Vlad Namestnikov from OTT for 2021 4th round pick

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I keep thinking that if they're gonna keep him, then Compher is the guy who goes. And honestly...I'm not entirely opposed to that.

But but.. Right shot..

If JT brings value in a needed trade, yeah go for it.

I'm still skeptical Jost isn't toast lol.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I keep thinking that if they're gonna keep him, then Compher is the guy who goes. And honestly...I'm not entirely opposed to that.

Yeah we probably can't have an entire middle 6 made of players making close to 4M.

Kadri: 4.5M
Compher 3.5M
Donskoi: 3.9M
Nuke: ~4M
Namest: ~4M
Bura: 4M+

Reactions: CobraAcesS

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Yeah we probably can't have an entire middle 6 made of players making close to 4M.

Kadri: 4.5M
Compher 3.5M
Donskoi: 3.9M
Nuke: ~4M
Namest: ~4M
Bura: 4M+

And Calvert, but you did say middle six.

Miss on Panarin, spread Mack's contract over four guys by paying them all 1M more than they're worth lol.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
And Calvert, but you did say middle six.

Miss on Panarin, spread Mack's contract over four guys by paying them all 1M more than they're worth lol.

I'm already getting a bit uncomfortable with Donskoi's 4-year contract. He's having a good season on paper but he's not as impactful defensively as I'd have hoped and he goes on loooooooooooooooooooooong offensive cold stretches.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
I'm already getting a bit uncomfortable with Donskoi's 4-year contract. He's having a good season on paper but he's not as impactful defensively as I'd have hoped and he goes on loooooooooooooooooooooong offensive cold stretches.

The injuries are scary. Not sure how well he will last.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
I think Dong has been playing hurt. Sometimes players will do that and just try to pretend like they are OK.

that being said, Nikov just keeps rolling and he’s been a fantastic pick up. A 4th is usually a long shot at best. He’s paying dividends right now

Babel Salamander

Oct 9, 2017

It's pretty unlikely it will have any significant cap impact while Mackinnon is on his current contract, and they are coming off the books at the same time. What's the worry?

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
It's pretty unlikely it will have any significant cap impact while Mackinnon is on his current contract, and they are coming off the books at the same time. What's the worry?
I was saying that in the context that Namest will be too expensive to re-up (while making similar money as Donk).

If Namest can keep playing like he does now, I'd rather have him than Donskoi. He's fierce, he's better defensively and can get similar offensive numbers. I don't think there's a huge gap between the two but I still prefer the current version of Namest than Donskoi.

Small sample though.

Babel Salamander

Oct 9, 2017
I was saying that in the context that Namest will be too expensive to re-up (while making similar money as Donk).

If Namest can keep playing like he does now, I'd rather have him than Donskoi. He's fierce, he's better defensively and can get similar offensive numbers. I don't think there's a huge gap between the two but I still prefer the current version of Namest than Donskoi.

Fair enough, I like Namestnilkov too and would like to see him stick around. If the Avs FO thought the same, they probably wouldn't have trouble moving a contract like Donskoi or JTC, so I don't think the contracts are too big a problem.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
He can be pretty invisible at times but pretty clutch in big games.

He does have that clutch gene, that's for sure. He scored a few big ones in the playoffs last year.

I've been very happy with Namestnikov so far. He's kind of what the Avs wanted in Brassard last year when they traded for him, and he's a lot more physical. Not sure where he plays when the team is fully healthy, but he's going to be an important depth player in the playoffs.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan

I haven't had too much of a problem with him. I've given up on my 3rd wheel in the top six tag though. He can do it, but hes better if you lean more towards the third line.

The difference is Don does not change how he plays regardless of where he is slotted. Nameste does. Like Hench mentioned he loses the jump when hes pushed down.

That and I didn't expect Don to break out. I just expected what I'd already seen and to a large extent that's what hes done.

Consistent effort on both sides of the puck, speed, and some hot stretches etc.

We wouldn't need that if JT brought it regularly, but he does not.

Reactions: cgf and Balthazar

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

Small sample though.

Exactly. Don't get too enamored with the shiny new toy. Namestnikov did squat while in New York and wasn't much better in Ottawa. A lot of that may have been due to usage, but I'm not so sure he's a better player than Donskoi. Donk was playing otherworldly to start the season before he cooled off and then got hurt, he's still a very capable contributor. He, like Namestnikov, is a complementary player who needs talent around him in order to succeed.

The question really shouldn't be a choice between Namestnikov or Donskoi. It should be Namestnikov or Compher. And frankly, if you can get Namestnikov signed for a similar contract, I'd be okay with them moving JTC.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Exactly. Don't get too enamored with the shiny new toy. Namestnikov did squat while in New York and wasn't much better in Ottawa. A lot of that may have been due to usage, but I'm not so sure he's a better player than Donskoi. Donk was playing otherworldly to start the season before he cooled off and then got hurt, he's still a very capable contributor. He, like Namestnikov, is a complementary player who needs talent around him in order to succeed.

The question really shouldn't be a choice between Namestnikov or Donskoi. It should be Namestnikov or Compher. And frankly, if you can get Namestnikov signed for a similar contract, I'd be okay with them moving JTC.
Idk JTC has the clutch factor that I really like. I mean I wouldn’t be super upset if he left but it is nice having that “Drury” type that seems to score goals at important times that are the big line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad