Confirmed with Link: COL acquire F Vlad Namestnikov from OTT for 2021 4th round pick

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Compher is miscast when the Avs are trying to play him at center this much.... he's really more of a 3rd line wing instead of a 2nd/3rd line center. The only significant difference in his offensive production is on the PP. He is another player that simply is who he is... I wouldn't say he is any better than Namestnikov, but he's younger, cost controlled, and solid bait for Seattle.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Idk JTC has the clutch factor that I really like. I mean I wouldn’t be super upset if he left but it is nice having that “Drury” type that seems to score goals at important times that are the big line.

Yeah, I'm not ready to just pitch JTC aside after one rough season, but I will admit that he's not necessarily the best player to invest in. His underlying numbers have always been a bit below-average, but his versatility, speed, and willingness to put himself on the line at every opportunity just seem like a player you should keep. I'm just saying that if I had to choose between Namestnikov, who plays the same positions as JTC, is not as fast, older, but more defensively sound, and Compher, I think I choose Namestnikov.

That said, I think he's just a rental who is signing elsewhere. Colorado needs to focus on retaining Burakovsky and Nichushkin, and seeing if they can find a player or two to upgrade at 3C and on defense.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Yeah, I'm not ready to just pitch JTC aside after one rough season, but I will admit that he's not necessarily the best player to invest in. His underlying numbers have always been a bit below-average, but his versatility, speed, and willingness to put himself on the line at every opportunity just seem like a player you should keep. I'm just saying that if I had to choose between Namestnikov, who plays the same positions as JTC, is not as fast, older, but more defensively sound, and Compher, I think I choose Namestnikov.

That said, I think he's just a rental who is signing elsewhere. Colorado needs to focus on retaining Burakovsky and Nichushkin, and seeing if they can find a player or two to upgrade at 3C and on defense.
Yeah I’m not super attached to Compher so if he did get traded it’d be no sweat off my back. But I do think that he needs to be a winger to be most effective and he’s played 2C/3C for a good chunk of the season which is just not conducive to him playing well.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019

You’re worried about Defence for next year? Is the Makar-less Graves causing you concern?

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
You’re worried about Defence for next year? Is the Makar-less Graves causing you concern?

No, I'm actually not that worried about any position to be honest. I just think those are the two biggest concerns for the team at present. I know they really want Bowers to take that 3C spot eventually, maybe even as early as next season, but that's asking a lot, and I'm pretty sure he's cooled off considerably since moving back to center. I feel like he might just be better off staying at wing, but this is only his first pro season. It might be worth their while to find a solid third line center, especially given the injuries that have befallen the lineup.

One way or another they'll be looking for some depth on defense, at the NHL and AHL levels. It should be fairly easy to get the depth filled out, it just depends on just how ambitious they want to be doing this. If they just get some fringe guys like Jan Rutta, then they're betting on the rookies to make the team and contribute.

Reactions: Northern Avs Fan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad