cody275's General Manager Game

Isles_Guy*

:isles

The Ny Islanders are proud to Announce the Signing Of Goaltender Craig Anderson to a 2 year deal

2153253044_da2735f250.jpg

TheFisherKing

Dec 4, 2007
Right By the Beach
Toronto would like to announce the dual signings of Mike Grier and Travis Moen. Both are great character players who will add depth to our bottom 6. Moen signed for 2 yrs 3.5 mil, while grier signed for 1 yr at 1.5 mil.

Isles_Guy*

:isles

The Islanders are Proud to Announce our 3 Co Captains..... Mark Streit Jay Boumeester and Doug Weight​

TheFisherKing

Dec 4, 2007
Right By the Beach
Toronto and Phoenix have completed a draft day deal, (albeit a little late:laugh: )

Toronto will send Jared Cowen, Jamal Mayers, and a 3rd round pick in 2010 to Phoenix in exchange for Brayden Schenn. We wish both Cowen and Mayers good luck in phoenix.

Last edited:

1Luongo1

Jul 28, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Defence Upgrades

The Tampa Bay Lightning are pleased to announce the signings of Francois Beauchemin and Greg Zanon to 4 and 3 year deals respectively.

Beauchemin will make $3.75 million a year while Zanon collects $2 million per. These deals are expected to bolster the Tampa defence and allow the young kids more time to develop while providing a steadying presence for offensive dmen Victor Hedman and Andrej Meszaros.

The team will remain active in free agency as it continues to attempt to build a contender.

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
The Vancouver Canucks are proud to announce the signings of Swedish forwards Daniel and Henrik Sedin. Both were signed to 5 year contracts worth 29.25 million.

Forward Kyle Wellwood was also signed to a 2 year contract worth 2.2 million.

Defenseman Shane O'Brien was also signed to a 2 year contract worth 2.2 million.

Isles_Guy*

Toronto and Phoenix have completed a draft day deal, (albeit a little late:laugh: )

Toronto will send Jared Cowen, Jamal Mayers, and a 4th round pick in 2010 to Phoenix in exchange for Brayden Schenn. We wish both Cowen and Mayers good luck in phoenix.

that was very cheap. did you have pictures of their gm with sheep or something

1Luongo1

Jul 28, 2006
Vancouver, BC
The Lightning have traded defenceman Paul Ranger to the Vancouver Canucks in exchange for prospect Michael Grabner and the Canucks 2010 2nd round draft choice.

Ranger was made expendable with the recent additions on defence. The Lightning organization wishes him well on the opposite side of North America

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
The Lightning have traded defenceman Paul Ranger to the Vancouver Canucks in exchange for prospect Michael Grabner and the Canucks 2010 2nd round draft choice.

Ranger was made expendable with the recent additions on defence. The Lightning organization wishes him well on the opposite side of North America

Vancouver confirms the trade and wishes Michael Grabner the best of luck in Tampa Bay.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
that was very cheap. did you have pictures of their gm with sheep or something

How is it very cheap... he moved up one spot in the draft. I'm short on Defensive Prospects, and stock full of Forwards. Had I been here for the draft, I would have drafted Cowen with my pick... so I gained two assets for nothing.

Fletcher used a 2nd + 3rd to move up two spots into the top 5 last season (top 6 is where the drop off was considered to be), I used this as my reference point. Mayers (acquired for a 3rd in 09' by TO last season) is a character leader I targeted for our rebuild, and a 3rd is an additional pick.

Furthermore, this has been a 2 or 3 day discussion between me and Coke..... I wasn't interested in dragging it out any longer for a mock.

:coyotes

Our Management team think Cowen is going to be a great defenseman, one who Larry Robinson/Lindy Ruff will have a great success mentoring. The Phoenix Organization is very happy to confirm this trade. ;)

Official Deal:

To Phoenix: J. Cowen + J. Mayers + Toronto's 3rd 2010'

To Toronto: Brayden Schenn

Last edited:

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
The Dallas Stars are happy to announce that they have come to terms with UFA RW Chad LaRose on a 4 year contract worth 8 million dollars.

cody275

Nov 14, 2008
Colorado is willing to trade Wolski or Svatos.

There is interest in Wolski but, the right deal hasn't came along just yet.

Tucker and/or Clark are available cheap.

Salei, Liles and Hannan could all be moved also.

habsman56

Habs&Hoops
Nov 15, 2008
Detroit is willing to part with Jiri Hudler or Nikolai Kulemin + Andreas Lilja in a package to get a good top 6 winger.

TheFisherKing

Dec 4, 2007
Right By the Beach
Your 2009/2010 Toronto Maple Leafs:

Ponikarovsky-Grabovski-Cammalleri
J. Blake-B. Schenn-Bertuzzi
Moen-Mitchell-Tlusty
Grier-Bozak-Hanson

L. Schenn-R. Blake
Van Ryn-Frogren
Murphy-Finger
Stralman

Gustafsson
Theodore

We have a much stronger prospect pool, (added schenn, schroeder, josefson, wahl, hackett, mcnabb, and brown) and are looking forward t the 2010 draft when we will have two 1st round draft picks (Tor + NJ)
This team is not one geared to compete this year, it will take another year until we are truly ready to start moving up the standings and challenging for a playoff spot.

Bringing in Mike Cammalleri gives us a bona fide top line winger who put up impressive numbers this year for calgary, and is a solid 30 goal guy, he's also only 26 (27 in like 5 days). Brining in Blake gives me a solid top pairing guy to replace the loss of kubina and kaberle, he's probably on his last contract but we look forward to him captaining the leafs for 2 years, while mentoring our younger defenceman.

What will ultimately make or break this team is our depth in goal. Theodore is on the last year of his 4.5 mil contract, and will be looked upon as a 1b goalie this year, but the additions of Gustafsson via free agency, and Hackett via draft gives us two potential starting goalies, though gustafsson likely needs a 50 game year to get used to the longer schedule, and hackett will most likely finish university before moving up to pro.

With limited assets, i managed to turn in one of the better drafts of this game, ending up with 6 top 60 picks, (3 in the top 15), the cupboard is no longer bare, and the toronto maple leafs are passed the worst of their rebuilding years.

The Puck

Sep 1, 2006
Hawks Sign Unrestricted Free Agent Shanahan

:hawks

Brendan Shanahan
1 year, $800,000

*contingent on passing a physical
shanahan_hs.jpg

The Blackhawks have reached a deal with Brendan Shanahan.

The 20 year veteran re-joins former Red Wings teammate Chris Osgood, and former Team Canada teammate Ryan Smyth.

Scotty Bowman, Chicago's Senior Advisor of Hockey Operations, coached Shanahan to 3 Stanley Cups. Shanahan is also familiar with Hawks co-GM Wayne Gretzky.

Updated Roster:
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?p=19713695#post19713695

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
Your 2009/2010 Toronto Maple Leafs:

Ponikarovsky-Grabovski-Cammalleri
J. Blake-B. Schenn-Bertuzzi
Moen-Mitchell-Tlusty
Grier-Bozak-Hanson

L. Schenn-R. Blake
Van Ryn-Frogren
Murphy-Finger
Stralman

Gustafsson
Theodore

i'd love to watch the bottom two lines roll consistently, i'd only do one thing, flip tlusty and grier... let the kids run around and go wile, let the third line dig dig dig.. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad