Confirmed with Link: Cody Franson signed a 1 year deal (Janurary 12, 2013)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Michael Traikos ‏@Michael_Traikos

Franson signed 1-year contract last night but won't be at #Leafs camp until tomorrow. Traveling from Sweden.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Paul Hendrick ‏@HennyTweets

Mike mottau talks with media. He's dave nonis' 1st aquisition. Hobey baker winner and former devil teammate of mark fraser.

Mr Knies Guy

Jul 5, 2008
Paul Hendrick ‏@HennyTweets

Mike mottau talks with media. He's dave nonis' 1st aquisition. Hobey baker winner and former devil teammate of mark fraser.

Playoffs baby!

Good job with Franson, glad he's confirmed to be returning despite those ridiculous posturings by the agent stating he may stay over there

Bad News Bears

All goalies be trash
May 22, 2009
Australia
I like the signing. Either for a trade, or as a 'prove it' contract, a million for a season is a great deal.

And if nothing else, he's really good in NHL13.

Hero

Uncle Leo
Jul 2, 2009
heropuck.wordpress.com
25 yrs old.
Big body, big shot.

He had 2 good years in Nashville. And even though he didn't get regular time to get into a groove of things and didn't get much PP time he had 5/16/21 in 57 GP.

Thats OPC 7 goals 23 assists 30 points.

A 30 point D-man, with size, isn't bad. If he can use his size and get a bit smarter in his own end, he'll be an excellent 3rd pairing guy.

Faustus

Jun 21, 2012
Always seemed like he was able to get low shots through from the point, which is never a bad thing. I like him, in the right situations.

BlueAndWhite

Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
I'm a fan of Franson's potential, so I hope he earns a spot and sticks this year, as opposed to being in and out of the lineup.

I did like his comments about taking things more serious this time around and not letting his foot off the gas, like he felt he did last year.

Fearless Leaf*

This signing looks like a big steal now, eh?:naughty:

Very happy to have Cody here, I wouldn't mind locking up him for longtime because he has shown great offensive production, playing sound defensive hockey, plays extremely physical and uses his body to his advantage.

Morguee

Jan 22, 2010
See edit bro

FWIW, this is pretty big news. Not sure why it was lumped in with an old thread.

Am I missing something? This is a thread about when he signed back in January to play this year with a bump to say it is a good signing. As far as I know he is still a RFA coming up this summer or did he just sign another contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad