Confirmed with Link: Cody Franson signed a 1 year deal (Janurary 12, 2013)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Knies Guy

Jul 5, 2008
Perfect deal. We don't know exactly what we have, but he's still young enough to evolve potentially into a top 4. 1 mil is a great cap hit

hockeygeek

Apr 28, 2010
Hopefully he plays with a little more determination this year. His sense of entitlement was out of place last year

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I thought they were not allowed to talk until the NHLPA ratified the CBA

Agents and GM's were allowed to talk contract. They can agree to a contract verbally but they can't make it official until the CBA is sealed.

GM's were not allowed talking trade however.

Felstead

Boss Status
Feb 7, 2011
Ontario, Canada
The coach (coaches) decides who plays not the GM.

There should be plenty of playing time available to anyone who earns it this year, especially with Gardiner out. Let's hope he takes advantage.

Your right, the same can be said about RW.

But it was up to Burke to sign the guy, and it didn't look like he was going to.

12345*

Hopefully he plays with a little more determination this year. His sense of entitlement was out of place last year

Entitlement? He played every game with a playoff team in Nashville, yet somehow didn't get consistent ice time with the pile of **** defence in Toronto. And there were people in the line up who were not outperforming him. Entitlement? Most people here would be frustrated by that.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Race to the bottom begins with this signing. 1 year means he does not figure into team's long range plans, would agree.

hockeygeek

Apr 28, 2010
Entitlement? He played every game with a playoff team in Nashville, yet somehow didn't get consistent ice time with the pile of **** defence in Toronto. And there were people in the line up who were not outperforming him. Entitlement? Most people here would be frustrated by that.

I can throw about 20 more Leaf players on that list so you can have the chance to defend them all if you'd like

THHT

Oct 29, 2009
Not completely sold on him, but for 1mil I'll entertain the idea that he'll get better under Carlyle's system for immediate use or a bundle sale.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
wow Bobby Mac is really on his game...I thought Cody was in Toronto to tell them he wanted to stay in the Swiss League or whatever it was

DaveT83*

Sign and Trade - I like Franson - but his footspeed isn't up to par in todays NHL.

DaveT83*

I've said all along it will be

Bozak
Franson
Ashton
2nd

To land Luongo

Kyle Doobas*

Didn't live up to his expectations here in Sweden. So slow and sloppy!
Bigger ice surface definitely didn't help. I'm not even really sold on him being anything more than a depth defenseman in the NHL, but we'll see I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad