Injury Report: Cody Ceci - Suspected high ankle sprain - done for season?

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
If Liljegrin is not brought up it means that they don’t want to risk having 2 rookie d men on their roster....or they just don’t value him that highly,at least not yet.

That indicates two things instantly. Morgs injury is hurting us and two we need another veteran defenseman. Rookies need insulation and i see the overhyped expectations on our pkayers. Sandin and Liljegren deserve insulation to succeed. All the call ups are a form of insulation because it adds to their confidence and comfort level.

Dubas is going to trade for defense. The more steady they are defensively and veteran presence is likely favoured. Dubas is a rookie himself . He needs to learn and has. I think we might see a shift in his philosophy towards how he likes the composition of his team’s ingredients.

They should be nervous about two rookies in the lineup. Its how Keefe reads it and manages it that matters. I trust keefe to do that.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

TheScandal89

Jun 26, 2016
I like to assume Liljegren will be in aswell but its no guarantee. The PK is gonna be pretty weak with 2 of Dermott, Barrie, Sandin or Liljegren in.

Thats why, unfortunately, Marincin will probably play. Sandin or Dermott probably play the right side.

We need a defensive defenseman pretty badly, and the prospect system is full of just the opposite

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
Would trying to bring Hainsey back make any sense? Not sure about his OTT contract.

Failing the ability to get a guy with term, it really wouldn't be the worst idea.

The problem is you can only really do it if one of Rielly/Ceci are going to miss the rest of the year, and he'll likely require another top 90 pick.

barilko05

NHL FAN
Jan 28, 2011
Failing the ability to get a guy with term, it really wouldn't be the worst idea.

The problem is you can only really do it if one of Rielly/Ceci are going to miss the rest of the year, and he'll likely require another top 90 pick.
Well, I think we can say with some certainty that Mo' isn't coming back until the start of the playoffs, so there's that.
BUT Ugh! No more picks out the door, thank you.

Jeremy Bracco...come on down!

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
I like to assume Liljegren will be in aswell but its no guarantee. The PK is gonna be pretty weak with 2 of Dermott, Barrie, Sandin or Liljegren in.

Thats why, unfortunately, Marincin will probably play. Sandin or Dermott probably play the right side.

We need a defensive defenseman pretty badly, and the prospect system is full of just the opposite
Liljegren is better than Marincin on the PK and his defensive game is better than his offense.

Muzzin-Holl first unit
Dermott-Liljegren 2nd unit

Barrie and Sandin for the PP, its fine. I'm ready for a Sandin-Liljegren pairing at the NHL level.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I thought you couldn’t go on LTIR until you’ve missed 10 games or 23 calander days

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
Can a player go on a conditioning stint to the AHL while still on LTIR? Or do they need to come off LTIR in order to do so?

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Arguments on his 5v5 play aside, its gonna hurt to lose one half of maybe the best PK pairing in the league this year.

Reactions: qqaz

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
I'm excited to see Lil in though. Hes been under the radar down there and hope he can adapt as well as Sandin has.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I'm excited to see Lil in though. Hes been under the radar down there and hope he can adapt as well as Sandin has.

Don't be surprised it the Leafs go with Marincin for a little bit.

But I'm sure Liljegren will get called up and tested pre-deadline.

Reactions: qqaz

Cynical

Aug 23, 2014
Is it just me or do players seem to conveniently get injured when someone returns? This time around the player was sucking and probably on his way to being benched.

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia

Ceci was one of our worst PK'ers this season.

Player Season Totals - Natural Stat Trick

Reactions: stopclickbait

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Ceci was one of our worst PK'ers this season.

Player Season Totals - Natural Stat Trick

He just had the misfortune of playing with Rielly so often early in the year when Rielly was really off and had brutal numbers with everyone. (It came out later he was playing hurt)

Muzzin/Ceci have been elite this year and are up there with the best (they have the lowest goals against/60 of any top pair)

Reactions: qqaz and uncleben

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad