Player Discussion Cody Ceci | Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
It wasn't ever a 1-for-1 deal. There was a first round pick in that on our side. And those rumors started before the 2015 draft, so...yeah. We would've lost Chabot if the "dream" trade happened.
Hall was traded in June of 2016, the Ceci talks would have happened well after Chabot was picked

Also first I've ever heard of any kind of details outside of Ceci

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Hall was traded in June of 2016, the Ceci talks would have happened well after Chabot was picked

Also first I've ever heard of any kind of details outside of Ceci

Then it would've been Logan Brown.

I remember when the rumors started, they had said it was a package, with a high draft pick. It was never just Ceci.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
It wasn't ever a 1-for-1 deal. There was a first round pick in that on our side. And those rumors started before the 2015 draft, so...yeah. We would've lost Chabot if the "dream" trade happened.

So it's confirmed that the add was a 1rst?

Seems like you're just throwing shit at the wall hoping something sticks... You didn't even have the correct draft year...

Besides even your initial argument has no solid ground.... we had two first round picks that year we would've "lost Chabot". How do you know it would've been the Chabot pick and not the White pick?

Last edited:

h2

Mar 26, 2002

Seems like you're just throwing **** at the wall hoping something sticks... You didn't even have the correct draft year...

Every report I've read in the past has stated it was 1 for 1.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

Seems like you're just throwing **** at the wall hoping something sticks... You didn't even have the correct draft year...

Besides even your initial argument has no solid ground.... we had two first round picks that year we would've "lost Chabot". How do you know it would've been the Chabot pick and not the White pick?

No, I've been saying it since the rumors started a few years ago. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015

The white pick wasn't acquired on draft day? I thought it was a morning trade. Legwand and Lehner for on of Buffalo's 1st.
The rumor were before or after ?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
The white pick wasn't acquired on draft day? I thought it was a morning trade. Legwand and Lehner for on of Buffalo's 1st.
The rumor were before or after ?

Trade was announced on the Friday June 26th, 2015 .. the day of the draft

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
lol, the 1 for 1 story is only used by folks looking for bonus reasons to freak out at PD.
Well in this case Melnyk. The story goes that the admin clerk PD had to ok it with Melnyk (the real GM) :laugh:, delaying the possible trade, and in the mean time he was traded to NJ.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
lol, the 1 for 1 story is only used by folks looking for bonus reasons to freak out at PD.
How so?

Dorion wanted to do it, Melnyk is the one who wouldn't, as far as the 1-1 story goes.

Has literally nothing to do with people "looking" to rail on Dorion, as much as you like to bring that up. There are more than enough reasons to do that as is.

Reactions: h2

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Then it would've been Logan Brown.

I remember when the rumors started, they had said it was a package, with a high draft pick. It was never just Ceci.
The only rumor was “it may have been 1-1. “ The extra first is something magically added.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Here's the thing, we have 'may have' and 'possible trade'. What usually happens is that we hear rumours of names involved, but never the entirety of a deal until it's done. Nowhere has it been reported that there was a deal in place, not a single party involved has mentioned anything to my knowledge either (not that they tend to) so it's rumours, and we know how they go when talking about trades.

While Larsson wasn't living up to his possible 1st over all billing, he was still a better trade asset than Ceci. If we're looking at this without the goal of trying to shame management, there is little chance that there was a 1 for 1 offer on the table and PD simply dragged his feet.

Regardless, it would have been nice to get Hall for Ceci, though he would likely be traded at this point if we're looking to rebuild.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Here's the thing, we have 'may have' and 'possible trade'. What usually happens is that we hear rumours of names involved, but never the entirety of a deal until it's done. Nowhere has it been reported that there was a deal in place, not a single party involved has mentioned anything to my knowledge either (not that they tend to) so it's rumours, and we know how they go when talking about trades.

While Larsson wasn't living up to his possible 1st over all billing, he was still a better trade asset than Ceci. If we're looking at this without the goal of trying to shame management, there is little chance that there was a 1 for 1 offer on the table and PD simply dragged his feet.

Regardless, it would have been nice to get Hall for Ceci, though he would likely be traded at this point if we're looking to rebuild.

I wonder if the 1 for 1 rumor would be given more credibility if Ceci played well. Now, given how he has played and how well Hall has played it harder to fathom no question. I agree Larsson is the better 1 for 1 target.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I wonder if the 1 for 1 rumor would be given more credibility if Ceci played well. Now, given how he has played and how well Hall has played it harder to fathom no question. I agree Larsson is the better 1 for 1 target.

Yeah that would have been an Erat for Forsberg type of lopsided trade.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

Curious as to how long people think rebuilds take? Has management really convinced you trading superstars at 28 years old is how to rebuild? They are doing it to cut costs and calling it a rebuild. Its hilarious how many people are buying this. Wont even bother getting into the rest of the flawed logic behind the bolded portion. But overall and above asset management is how to strengthen the organization the people who are unable to identify asset management is why this team is so bad with no real plan in place are the ones that make excuses. Losing every transaction from a value perspective gives you the team the sens have now.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Curious as to how long people think rebuilds take? Has management really convinced you trading superstars at 28 years old is how to rebuild? They are doing it to cut costs and calling it a rebuild. Its hilarious how many people are buying this. Wont even bother getting into the rest of the flawed logic behind the bolded portion. But overall and above asset management is how to strengthen the organization the people who are unable to identify asset management is why this team is so bad with no real plan in place are the ones that make excuses. Losing every transaction from a value perspective gives you the team the sens have now.

The rebuild will never be complete baud there is no way we can afford to sign any decent player - basically pick the best players in the rebuild and say goodbye to them once they have arbitration rights. Chabot and Tkachuk are both gone as soon as they need new contracts.

Lack of talent is one thing, any team can have a lucky draft and get 2 star players in a draft, being able to pay them and keep them happy and in a Sens uniform is what Ottawa can't do. Rebuilding is easy, keeping your team together is the hard part. Ottawa can't do hard

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
9-2 game good? He deflected a shot that ended up in the net through 3 or 4 layers ... Good.. no. No one was good in Buffalo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad