Waived: Coburn on waivers

Beech

Cicc' a porta
Nov 25, 2020
The deal that acquired him was actually one of Dorion's better moves, cost neutral because we sent out two LTIR contracts, got a 2nd, and two warm bodies that could suit up for games if needed. If he had worked out as a roster player, great, if he ends up as a taxi squad guy, still better than paying Gaborik's deductible or Nilsson. Free 2nd.

DJ playing him over other options is another matter.
do you know how bad that sounds??

A throw in..a move that was based upon book balancing, got played and the 1-2 young hopefuls were not.

On par with buying a brand new car, leaving it parked in the garage. Continuing to drive an old wreck, which breaks down on you, you have to tow and pay repairs. It is beyond idiotic.

Reactions: Alf Silfversson

DrSense

Oct 4, 2017
Yeah, this doesn't look bad on Dorion at all. The deal was always about the 2nd round pick and was a great move for reasons already stated. And so we gave Coburn several games to see what he could bring to the table, and it isn't better than other younger players, so we're moving on. I believe this part was always part of the plan. Agree on Reilly being next - he has really struggled, and while he does move well, he never really makes an impact in a positive way. Gudbranson has also really struggled, but will be given a longer leash, I'm sure, plus we do need one or two vets at least.

If a few weeks from now, Brannstrom, Wolanin and Zub are all playing semi-regularly, I think we can all forgive the coach and GM for just being a bit more patient than us in seeing what the vets have left to give here. As the losses mount, things are moving in the right direction roster-wise at least.

Reactions: foggyvisor

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
From top pairing Dman to waivers. I can't figure out how DJ assessed him to go vs McDavid then decided he's not good enough to be in the league.

Reactions: Alex1234

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Yeah, this doesn't look bad on Dorion at all. The deal was always about the 2nd round pick and was a great move for reasons already stated. And so we gave Coburn several games to see what he could bring to the table, and it isn't better than other younger players, so we're moving on. I believe this part was always part of the plan. Agree on Reilly being next - he has really struggled, and while he does move well, he never really makes an impact in a positive way. Gudbranson has also really struggled, but will be given a longer leash, I'm sure, plus we do need one or two vets at least.

If a few weeks from now, Brannstrom, Wolanin and Zub are all playing semi-regularly, I think we can all forgive the coach and GM for just being a bit more patient than us in seeing what the vets have left to give here. As the losses mount, things are moving in the right direction roster-wise at least.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
The deal that acquired him was actually one of Dorion's better moves, cost neutral because we sent out two LTIR contracts, got a 2nd, and two warm bodies that could suit up for games if needed. If he had worked out as a roster player, great, if he ends up as a taxi squad guy, still better than paying Gaborik'7s deductable or Nilsson. Free 2nd.

DJ playing him over other options is another matter.
Sadly, with the way the taxi squad was constructed, coach had no options other than Zub. Now that they are back, there will be changes

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Thank God. I don’t know the last time I was this happy to see us put someone on waivers(I think only Reilly on waivers can top this feeling).

DJ proves to us that the first 5-7 games were preseason substitutes. It backfired badly due to their performances. But he’s slowly getting back to his ways last year.

Just remove Stepan now off first PP and I’ll be happy once more.

Is that all it would take to make you "happy"?

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Feel bad for him personally but he is done. There is a glaring hole on the left side PK and Coburn couldn’t do it. In fact Josh Brown looked better on his offside than Coburn.

Reactions: Alex1234

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad