Waived: Coburn on waivers

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
From top pairing Dman to waivers. I can't figure out how DJ assessed him to go vs McDavid then decided he's not good enough to be in the league.
Took them 10 games to figure that one out
Talk about out to lunch (I mean waiting delivery)

Reactions: DrEasy

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Also anyone else hear,that Stepan is being shopped??I think it was Kypreos that said something to that effect

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
One of Dorions coveted off season acquisitions .. Better late than never. Seems like a good guy.. not much left in the tank
Sorry but that's a bad take. Sens traded two players on LTIR for 2 guys the Lightning didn't want just to save some dollars. TBay was willing to take on more financial obligations to get cap relief. Sens fans knew they were getting marginal players but hoped Paquette would be a solid 4th liner. no one thought Coburn was any good.

Reactions: Sen sational

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Had to get a 2nd back from the Coburn/Paquette trade to make up for the 2nd that was jettisoned in the Stepan trade.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Pretty good career, 972 games, 233 pts, won a Cup, made another SCF, 137 playoffs games

Sucks if he can't reach 1000 games though. Maybe the Lightning will eventually take him back as a depht guy to finish his career and reach that plateau

Taxi squad for now, as he should have been since the beginning DJ Dorion

Last edited:

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Pretty good career, 972 games, 233 pts, won a Cup, made another SCF, 137 playoffs games

Sucks if he can't reach 1000 games though. Maybe the Lightning will eventually take him back as a depht guy to finish his career and reach that plateau

Taxi squad for now, as he should have been sicne the beginning DJ Dorion
He has 1.7 mil reasons to finish this year...Otherwise he is likely out of the league already

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Sorry but that's a bad take. Sens traded two players on LTIR for 2 guys the Lightning didn't want just to save some dollars. TBay was willing to take on more financial obligations to get cap relief. Sens fans knew they were getting marginal players but hoped Paquette would be a solid 4th liner. no one thought Coburn was any good.
:jk:

lancepitlick

Nov 20, 2016
Had to get a 2nd back from the Coburn/Paquette trade to make up for the 2nd that was jettisoned in the Stepan trade.

Reply: you know what would be better? Getting a second for trash instead of also giving a second for trash. Two seconds = better than one.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
We turned around the next day and recouped the second for Gaborik - swinging and missing on Stepan isn’t a big deal.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Having the guy running your hockey ops value Stepan so highly is absolutely a big deal. This is the whole reason we are where we are.

Were in last place because of Stepan? We were in last place when EK, MS, MD, MH, etc were all here too. The year before that we were in the ECF’s.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Were in last place because of Stepan? We were in last place when EK, MS, MD, MH, etc were all here too. The year before that we were in the ECF’s.
We are in last place because of the players Dorion values and has been acquiring for years. He has intentionally pursued older, bigger players who are perceived as tough and have character over talent, youth and speed. This is the result.

Shout out to Dorion also investing a ton into goaltending for years and having almost nothing to show for it besides a contract that will be bought out in a year.

SensontheRush

Never said it was Sunshine
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa

I think its obvious that Stepan is an example of poor asset/pro talent evaluation leading to a poor season, whereas the latter group is an example of what happens when there is discord/lack of chemistry in the locker room.

Very different reasons, and you are doing a disservice to yourself falsely equating them.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
We are in last place because of the players Dorion values and has been acquiring for years. He has intentionally pursued older, bigger players who are perceived as tough and have character over talent, youth and speed. This is the result.

Shout out to Dorion also investing a ton into goaltending for years and having almost nothing to show for it besides a contract that will be bought out in a year.
From the first trade he made. Young zibanejad for veteran brassard.

And he didn’t learn a thing from that.
A real idiot this guy.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I think its obvious that Stepan is an example of poor asset/pro talent evaluation leading to a poor season, whereas the latter group is an example of what happens when there is discord/lack of chemistry in the locker room.

Very different reasons, and you are doing a disservice to yourself falsely equating them.

Stepan looks like a miss - but he was supposed to insulate the position until Norris, White, and Brown could tread water. Once Brown is here there is no need for Stepan or who ever people liked more.

in other news we waived the guy we got a 2ND for taking today.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
He has 1.7 mil reasons to finish this year...Otherwise he is likely out of the league already
Actually it’s about 1M left after escrow and being this far into the season

Stepan is still owed about 1.25M after escrow

Reactions: topshelf15

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad