Cobra Kai new karate kid series on youtube

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Looking forward to the new season. Impressed with the continued quality of this show. Perfect binge watching TV which has a great balance of nostalgia, comedy, drama, and action. Season 4 was the second best season after the first one.

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
That’s OK by me.

If it became super super mega popular you just know eventually the quality would start to suffer.

This is a series that takes place 30+ years after a trilogy of cult films. Not everything has to be made for everyone.

I really can’t think of any situation like this one, maybe it’s because KK1 was just a guilty pleasure for me but I find this show a big improvement

ST has 1 more season left

Bridgerton and Squidgame have more viewers than CK. I just saw a list of their top 10, and CK wasn't even listed
Huh, I didn’t know that

Still waiting for S3 of Mindhunter

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
They definitely have some setup for the future. Just curious what they'll do.

Fantastic season as usual. This show is how you take an existing property and do it justice.
All the kids, even the Mortal enemies have made peace. The Adults, Kreese aside, have made peace.

It looked like they were building some new kids to be villains, but those kids joined with and threw off their cobra Kai jerseys.

At this point, there are no more originals to introduce into this story outside of the trilogy. Half of what made cobra Kai great was returning surprises and easter eggs. Nobody cares about Hilary Swank or Micheal Ironside from the next karate Kid and nobody wants to see them or the Alpha elite somehow become the villains in this new Tournament format with a grudge against Miyagi do. It would not be impactful because over Half the karate Kid Trilogy fans didn't even watch the next Karate Kid and it won't resonate.

I mean, maybe Miguel's father becomes a villain and they go to Mexico to fight MMA guys? lol? Kreese is largely toothless now. He is like a wrestlers who did too many Jobs and now can't be pushed like a top guy story wise.

I would love to be proven wrong. But my gut tells me this show has run its course in terms of my enjoyment of it.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

End on a Hinote

Registered Abuser
Aug 22, 2011
Northern British Columbia
I'm only 3 episodes into season 5 so I don't know if they explained this but a couple seasons ago Chozen told Daniel he doesn't drink when he offered him one in Japan. But when he had dinner with Silver he drank his whisky.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
I loved the season, except the final scene.
You watched the whole season already? It just came out on Friday, is this how you're supposed to watch these series because I alwaus tried to watch 1 or 2 epiaodes a week so the series would last a couple of months.

islesmb

Sponsor
Jan 14, 2007
Myrtle Beach, SC (from Bellmore)
You watched the whole season already? It just came out on Friday, is this how you're supposed to watch these series because I alwaus tried to watch 1 or 2 epiaodes a week so the series would last a couple of months.
Lol I started it Friday and finished on Saturday. Part of me wishes I did it your way, but I guess that's why they call it binge watching...:D

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
It is 30-40 minutes per episode and there is 10 episodes.

I watched it all last night from like 5 to 11.

Twisted Sinister

Living in Your Head Rent Free
Oct 8, 2014
All the kids, even the Mortal enemies have made peace. The Adults, Kreese aside, have made peace.

It looked like they were building some new kids to be villains, but those kids joined with and threw off their cobra Kai jerseys.

At this point, there are no more originals to introduce into this story outside of the trilogy. Half of what made cobra Kai great was returning surprises and easter eggs. Nobody cares about Hilary Swank or Micheal Ironside from the next karate Kid and nobody wants to see them or the Alpha elite somehow become the villains in this new Tournament format with a grudge against Miyagi do. It would not be impactful because over Half the karate Kid Trilogy fans didn't even watch the next Karate Kid and it won't resonate.

I mean, maybe Miguel's father becomes a villain and they go to Mexico to fight MMA guys? lol? Kreese is largely toothless now. He is like a wrestlers who did too many Jobs and now can't be pushed like a top guy story wise.

I would love to be proven wrong. But my gut tells me this show has run its course in terms of my enjoyment of it.
I almost don't mind if they do an epilogue season at this point. It seems like anything these characters do is entertaining.

That said, I'll refrain from getting into spoilers since the show just came out, but I think there are conflicts that will arise from relationships with Kreese and the new tournament will probably take center stage

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Brilliant.

Seems like end of season 5 would be a good place to end.

But this show is so fun, if they find a way to keep it going with the same quality, I'll be happy!

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
I didn't feel like working today so I called in sick and started and finished the whole season over the last 6 hours or so. I loved it. It's not the greatest show but it may be the most binge-watch worthy show I've ever seen. There's just always something happening. Rarely any filler episodes.

Really enjoyed the finale. I loved the twist at the end (at least I thought it was a twist - not sure if it was obvious to most people). But I just don't know where it goes from here. Everyone has rejected the Cobra Kai dojo now, so is it just going to be Creese trying to get new recruits. I don't know - I loved this season but have low expectations for next scene.

I really like Chozen and Barnes (even though he only was in 2 episodes I think) as characters. Also, the actor that plays Kenny did a great job looking menacing despite his size.

I could not stand the female Cobra Kai sensei, can't remember her name. Over the top acting but maybe that's on purpose with a show like this. In fact, any of those trainers who came off the private plane had over the top acting when they spoke a line. Can't stand Kyler either.

But I must say that Johnny Lawrence in this show is one of my favourite TV characters of all-time.

Reactions: Duke74

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
I didn't feel like working today so I called in sick and started and finished the whole season over the last 6 hours or so. I loved it. It's not the greatest show but it may be the most binge-watch worthy show I've ever seen. There's just always something happening. Rarely any filler episodes.

Really enjoyed the finale. I loved the twist at the end (at least I thought it was a twist - not sure if it was obvious to most people). But I just don't know where it goes from here. Everyone has rejected the Cobra Kai dojo now, so is it just going to be Creese trying to get new recruits. I don't know - I loved this season but have low expectations for next scene.

I really like Chozen and Barnes (even though he only was in 2 episodes I think) as characters. Also, the actor that plays Kenny did a great job looking menacing despite his size.

I could not stand the female Cobra Kai sensei, can't remember her name. Over the top acting but maybe that's on purpose with a show like this. In fact, any of those trainers who came off the private plane had over the top acting when they spoke a line. Can't stand Kyler either.

But I must say that Johnny Lawrence in this show is one of my favourite TV characters of all-time.
Honestly, his entire arc has been bad ass (hehe).

He finally found his happiness and made peace with Daniel.

As entertaining seeing him struggle as a new dad would be, I do not think there is nothing much left for him to do.

Reactions: Megahab

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
Honestly, his entire arc has been bad ass (hehe).

He finally found his happiness and made peace with Daniel.

As entertaining seeing him struggle as a new dad would be, I do not think there is nothing much left for him to do.
Yeah, such an awesome character. Hilarious and bad ass. I watched Karate Kid as a kid but have almost no memory of it. Started Cobra Kai a couple of years and immediately liked it. They do a great a job of recapping clips from the movies, so you don't really need to have seen the movies to appreciate this show.

But yeah, I'm not sure I'm excited for Lawrence vs. Kreese part 1000.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Yeah, such an awesome character. Hilarious and bad ass. I watched Karate Kid as a kid but have almost no memory of it. Started Cobra Kai a couple of years and immediately liked it. They do a great a job of recapping clips from the movies, so you don't really need to have seen the movies to appreciate this show.

But yeah, I'm not sure I'm excited for Lawrence vs. Kreese part 1000.
At this point, I want to see the kids prepping for the tournament and the tournament itself.

Mix it with Johnny struggling with the baby and some teenage drama and it should work.

After that? Yeah, over.

Reactions: Duke74

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
At this point, I want to see the kids prepping for the tournament and the tournament itself.

Mix it with Johnny struggling with the baby and some teenage drama and it should work.

After that? Yeah, over.
Yup, I haven't read any news about it but I'm thinking one more season and it's done.

I also loved the Fozzy Judas scene. Always love when wrestling crosses over into mainstream.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
with silver gone and cobra kai pretty much dead (or at least DQ'd from the tournament for a long time) they should end the series after S5. but with kreese now out there will probably be a S6. doubt they let kreese just walk off into the sunset on his own terms. not sure how they'll do a season based on kreese being on the run and that female sensei running cobra kai (my guess)

speaking of kreese, he aged very poorly from 1980 to '84. no idea why they used the actor for his young self to portray him in 1980 when the first KK movie came out soon after

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
with silver gone and cobra kai pretty much dead (or at least DQ'd from the tournament for a long time) they should end the series after S5. but with kreese now out there will probably be a S6. doubt they let kreese just walk off into the sunset on his own terms. not sure how they'll do a season based on kreese being on the run and that female sensei running cobra kai (my guess)

speaking of kreese, he aged very poorly from 1980 to '84. no idea why they used the actor for his young self to portray him in 1980 when the first KK movie came out soon after

Yeah, I thought the same thing!

End on a Hinote

Registered Abuser
Aug 22, 2011
Northern British Columbia

You'd think in this age of technology, where teenagers can perform deep fakes on YouTube videos, that a major studio could do something of the same and have Kreese's and Silver's younger faces imposed on actors.

As for the show, just finished the season and ya I think next season should be the last. I assume Silver will be written out entirely considering all hus felonies (including attempted murder of Chozen). And with nearly everyone being on each other's good side I'm not sure what else they can do. Maybe Johnny regaining control of Cobra Kai?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad