• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
11 out of 12 ain't bad.
10-1 in February. Seems to me, I remember someone here stating specifically they might have only 2 losses, if not only ONE. Anyone remember who that might have been? My memory is horrific.

March is going to be a bear. 14 games in 30 days, with 2 b2b's.
I count 8 tough opponents, (Florida x2, Carolina, Colorado, Toronto, Winnipeg, Boston and Tampa.
2 rivalry games which are always intriguing if not difficult games or and btw, Pitt and Philly aren't anything resembling a gimme.
I'm going to predict 8-4-2. 9 wins would be a great month, and 10 would be outstanding!

AlaBlueShirt

Mar 14, 2018
He turned 30.

Yes, getting older is not a guarantee that a player will drop off quickly - but it is way more likely.

For every Kreider or Panarin who defies time, there's five or six Zibanejads and Troubas who fall off to unacceptable levels.
I agree. Ironic to think that speedy guys like Kreider and Panarin are both still putting on solid numbers and getting ever better, whereas slower guys like Trouba and Zibanejad whose play never relied on speed are getting worse.

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
Thought Edstrom looked really good. Giving be Brian Boyle vibes.

He has really good instincts on the offensive zone, and his size allows him to close gaps very quickly. He brings a forecheck that this team sorely lacks.

Hes going to be an NHL regular.

Imagine a 3rd line of cuylle edstrom Kakko in the next few years. Talk about a tough line to play against.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
so it's pretty obvious Eddy and the Rempster won't be on the roster post TDL and that's probably for the better. But I do want to point out that Rempe is probably not going to develop much better at the AHL unless he gets increased minutes or an increased role - he plays with ECHLers there too (he plays with one in Goodrow too so he probably feels right at home). Hopefully the Pack go on a good playoff run and gets them some good experience.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
so it's pretty obvious Eddy and the Rempster won't be on the roster post TDL and that's probably for the better. But I do want to point out that Rempe is probably not going to develop much better at the AHL unless he gets increased minutes or an increased role - he plays with ECHLers there too (he plays with one in Goodrow too so he probably feels right at home). Hopefully the Pack go on a good playoff run and gets them some good experience.

I don't understand NHL coaching and management tropes. All rookies must not play the third period despite looking solid. All rookies must not play after the trade deadline.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
But it's so much harder to take care of yourself when you hit 30 as an athlete, to keep yourself at the same performance level as when you were 26 or 27 is very difficult and most can't do it.
I just don't believe that. 30 is still physical prime IMO.

If we're to impose a magic number, it's 34-35 IMO... when physical limitations can start to become a real hinderance

IMO Professional athletes should be just that... professional and as athletic as possible. Some people are driven. Some lose that drive once they get a fat paycheck and families. I get it. It's not a physical limitation but more of a lifestyle limitation. You choose to do other things than to be the best athlete you can be.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
I agree. Ironic to think that speedy guys like Kreider and Panarin are both still putting on solid numbers and getting ever better, whereas slower guys like Trouba and Zibanejad whose play never relied on speed are getting worse.

Or more likely they are just having down years? All last year people were saying Panarin was washed up because he "couldnt skate anymore". I guess that was BS. Zibanejad and Trouba both have newborn children. I know people dont like that but its a fact and these guys are human bengs. Mika hasnt even been bad he just isnt scoring. Trouba's game will never be pretty. They'll be fine.

AlaBlueShirt

Mar 14, 2018
Or more likely they are just having down years? All last year people were saying Panarin was washed up because he "couldnt skate anymore". I guess that was BS. Zibanejad and Trouba both have newborn children. I know people dont like that but its a fact and these guys are human bengs. Mika hasnt even been bad he just isnt scoring. Trouba's game will never be pretty. They'll be fine.
Panarin had a baby this month too. He sucked in the playoffs but yet had more EV points than the year before. Mika is actually having one of his worst season in his whole career.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Panarin had a baby this month too. He sucked in the playoffs but yet had more EV points than the year before. Mika is actually having one of his worst season in his whole career.

Guys have down years. Ive been hard on Mika but a bad season doesnt negate a decade of solid play. Plus his lack of scoring hasnt effected his defensive play at all. He is also tied to the hip with Kreider who is tracking for a personal best in points. We have high standards.

Reactions: AlaBlueShirt

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
It's like when Oakley beats 3 guys to a rebound, has a chance to move it up to Starks on the transition and he double-dribbles.
Yeah. It's always funny in these sequences when Sam does the "GOOD PLAY by xxx", but then while Sam is explaining why it's a good play xxx makes a bad play to negate the good play and it's like hmmm , ok ...

• Love
Reactions: bl02 and will1066

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
That Kuraly-Danforth-Olivier line gave us fits all night. I like the way they play. Kuraly would be a solid add at 3C, as would Olivier but we dont need a bottom 6 wing and i dont think CBJ is motivated to trade a guy who will protect their youth and skill.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
download (5).png

One of the best we've ever seen. Out here low-key having his best season at 32.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Edstrom is 23 and seems to have good positioning/defensive instincts, Would be disappointing if he did not get a fair shot to make the playoff 4th line.

Reactions: Cmox and tlk

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
That Kuraly-Danforth-Olivier line gave us fits all night. I like the way they play. Kuraly would be a solid add at 3C, as would Olivier but we dont need a bottom 6 wing and i dont think CBJ is motivated to trade a guy who will protect their youth and skill.
very solid career playoff numbers. On the book for another 2.5 million next year. We could do worse.
Wonder if dealing with JD and Columbus is out of the question?

tlk

Jan 7, 2020
Yekaterinburg
Roslovic

Blasds

Feb 15, 2020
Panarin is just a god damned unicorn. He also doesn't have the mileage on him either, so there's that.
The absence of brains is replaced by fast walking - a student saying in Russia. Panarin knows it well, that's why he walks slowly but confidently.

• Wow
Reactions: tlk
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: