Post-Game Talk: Cobalt Coat

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BroadwayHustle

Feb 27, 2012
He obviously needs more time in the AHL but Rempe actually seems like he may be able to develop into an NHL 4th liner. It's night and day looking at him now vs his first training camp. His size makes him so unique, he can cover so much ground that if he can learn how to be effective at the NHL level, he could actually have an NHL future which is amazing considering where he was at when he was drafted.

Edstrom is going to be (or at least should be) penciled in as an NHL regular next season. Not sure if he's going to stick going into the playoffs, Drury will most likely want to add 2 forwards which will probably push him out but he's incredibly close. He seems like he's already keyed in to how to use his size effectively, he's great with his reach and making himself big.

I was at the game last night and the dude (Edstrom) can SKATE. Flat out one of the best skaters on the ice.

Rempe also is fast, but I think could still improve

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
Not a big fan of the turtling in the 3rd that we've seen the last couple weeks. It's giving me Nam-like flashbacks to AV and the Kings series.

Also not a fan of benching Edstrom and Rempe in the 3rd. We've built some leeway to let these guys play and learn, not to mention that they might have been the best line all night
Definitely a bold strategy to turtle with Trouba and Goodrow in 1 goal games

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
I can't tell you how many times I've seen goalies wrap it up the boards straight to the opposition, and instead of flinging it on net quickly they always hang on to the puck looking for the possession play because 'the goalie would save it anyway', or there's a defender 'kind of' in the lane. Except it creates havoc and you never know, it's something that should definitely be tried more often

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
I was so bitter when we scored on the pp. We gain the zone and Kreider has a drop pass to the point available to him to get things organized and he throws a muffin down the boards behind the net. Shouldn’t have those egregious mistakes rewarded.
Order of zone entry effectiveness on PP1:

Panarin
Fox

Trocheck

Zib
Kreider.

The key for opponent's PKs after the first clear is to focus on Panarin and Fox on the zone entries.

The key for our PP is to win the first faceoff and score before the puck is cleared lol

Last edited:
Reactions: will1066

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
Order of zone entry effectiveness on PP1:

Panarin
Fox

Trocheck

Zib
Kreider.

The key for opponent's PKs after the first clear is to focus on Panarin and Fox on the zone entries.

The key for our PP is to win the first faceoff and score before the puck is cleared lol
We gained the zone... Kreider was relatively unpressured and had an outlet at the point for even less pressure. And he made a bonehead decision.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
I just don't believe that. 30 is still physical prime IMO.

If we're to impose a magic number, it's 34-35 IMO... when physical limitations can start to become a real hinderance

IMO Professional athletes should be just that... professional and as athletic as possible. Some people are driven. Some lose that drive once they get a fat paycheck and families. I get it. It's not a physical limitation but more of a lifestyle limitation. You choose to do other things than to be the best athlete you can be.

But it’s proven. We can track drop off as players age and 30 or very close to it a key milestone for decreasing performance.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
I just don't believe that. 30 is still physical prime IMO.

If we're to impose a magic number, it's 34-35 IMO... when physical limitations can start to become a real hinderance

IMO Professional athletes should be just that... professional and as athletic as possible. Some people are driven. Some lose that drive once they get a fat paycheck and families. I get it. It's not a physical limitation but more of a lifestyle limitation. You choose to do other things than to be the best athlete you can be.
Yes there is a reason Sidney Crosby is still playing at a high level and Derek Stepan was cooked before 30. It’s not genetics/talent alone.

As much as I hate Sid, he is like Tom Brady the way he prepares and takes care of his body. Stepan would have a six pack of dirty water (bud light) before bed every night.

Reactions: duhmetreE

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
But it’s proven. We can track drop off as players age and 30 or very close to it a key milestone for decreasing performance.
Kreider is hitting the prime of his career in his 30s. If his 20s weren’t so underwhelming he would be considered for greatest Ranger of all time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad