Post-Game Talk: Cobalt Coat

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dfence033

Nov 24, 2009
Texas
Just leaving this here. You'd think the Rangers are playing in the local beer league C-level with the comments about playing poorly against other teams. You all know the other team is paid to play, too, right? And even the very shittiest teams in the league win more than 25% of their games? Those teams are beating somebody, and it's not only the other shitty teams. Every time I read here after a win, it sounds like they lost their 10th in a row 7-1.

Edit: Removing the standings picture as it showed location inadvertently. Rangers are 1st in the league is the point.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Can we announce the winner today?
There are many fine candidates. Let's wait until the end.

Kreider with his 3rd straight 30+ goal season. He's on pace for 41 goals.

He's 5 goals from 300 and 41 goals from tying Ratelle. If he scores at this same rate through next season and stays healthy, he should pass him.

Kreider is at 56 points in 60 games, surpassing the 54 points he had in 79 games last year. He's on pace for 76-77 points and has a good chance to surpass his 77 points in 81 games from 2 years ago.
You're not Machinehead

• Haha
Reactions: Machinehead

KennyWu

Oct 14, 2010
1000011907.jpg

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
The era of the 'contender' is dead. The days when one playoff team had a 20% chance to win the cup and another only 1%--- I don't think that's how it works right now.

This NYR team can win the cup. No question. I just don't go into this postseason with the level of confidence I had in, say, 2014-2015

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
The era of the 'contender' is dead. The days when one playoff team had a 20% chance to win the cup and another only 1%--- I don't think that's how it works right now.

This NYR team can win the cup. No question. I just don't go into this postseason with the level of confidence I had in, say, 2014-2015

After the rough start, I think the 13-14 team was better. And I'm not saying it's because of them getting further. I think that's the best Rangers team in the post-lockout era.

Last edited:

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I agree. I just didn't recognize it at the time. Come 2015 I knew the team had taken a hit but I still expected big results.

I'll be honest despite going further than other Presidents' Trophy winners those two playoff series wins were really not that impressive. I thought that team underachieved. Other than a couple of game against the Lightning their offense went really cold. They beat the Pens 4-1 but all 4 wins were 2-1. Honestly it wasn't much more of an impressive series than the Devils series last year. If the Devils didn't get a tying goal in game 3 on a BS penalty we likely play a much more impressive series last year. That Pens team was one of their weaker teams too. And they should have lost to the Caps. Kreider's miracle goal in game 5 is the only reason they didn't.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
As infuriating as his goal against and hatred of shutouts is this might be the best 7 game stretch of Shesterkin's career. Four straight games allowing 1 goal each in today's NHL is an incredible feat. Two of those should have been shutouts too.
He needs to play the puck a little less sometimes. He almost got caught earlier in the game after misplaying the puck and had to scramble back to make a save.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
He needs to play the puck a little less sometimes. He almost got caught earlier in the game after misplaying the puck and had to scramble back to make a save.

He's very good at it when he's not destroyed mentally. But yes there was no reason for it in a 2-0 game. If we're going to play a conservative game by the skaters, not doing so by the goalie is ridiculous.

hardnosed

Feb 27, 2017
that was funny when Sam & Joe were extolling his defensive play (he did make a good play) but then he immediately iced the puck.

also there was a big shift w/ Zibs' line that ended when Trouba passed to the other team.
That pass was funny. The way the camera angle was as that play developed, everybody at home knew that puck was going to be passed right to that Columbus player.

Reactions: CLW
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1