Coaching Thread (II)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
So how about some predictions?
How many in a row will it take for the axe to fall?
I’d guess 10.

Reactions: KB1971

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
They drop the next 3, he's done.

I am a large supporter of this team but I find myself hoping for the team to lose so Maurice can finally be removed. Feels odd.

Time for a new perspective and system behind our bench.
The whole coaching staff and not just Maurice needs to go.

It will unfortunately take more losses for this to happen.

WolfgangPuck

May 12, 2012
The coaching staff was the best two years ago. We were winning games at home. Had the most lethal PP. We never lost a lead heading into the third period. The only team that could skate with us was Tampa Bay. Then for some strange reason mid season 2018-2019 It was a light switch got turned off. We become a different team
We lost close games. Could not hold on to leads. We went from having the best home record to the worst home record.
The games this year are only watchable due to outstanding goaltender but not lately Last night we feel how it is to be on the other side We are in playoff race cause we are good at winning OT games. Coaching staff ....How is that going prepare us when there is no SO or 3x3 during playoffs games?
I am officially in the tank mode and think we should be selling at Trade deadline. With the week off I was hoping coaching staff would make some changes to better the PP and PK Nope. Same old. The PP too predictable
It’s sad as fans we suggest it’s okay to separate Wheels and Scheifele for years before it’s done .
Seems like coaching staff is behind in making adjustments. This fan is frustrated Can not watch the same game plan Other than Pionk and Bucky there is no consistent compete in the team I’m no longer interested in attending games.
I guess this vent should be in the tank thread but after last night game and being outplayed in the PK and PP I blame the coaching staff for the loss

Benjamin Doveridge

Apr 15, 2019
What is the issue here? The longer we keep PoMo the better our draft position. We aren’t climbing out of this mess now as teams tighten up their play while ours remain sloppy. Some of these guys earn $70,000+/game and cannot show up for a full hour. That’s on the coaching staff and team leadership to properly motivate them and set the right environment in the room. Keep PoMo and maybe we get another top 10 pick.

Whodey204

Oct 2, 2017
Wouldnt doubt it if Maurice is already extended and were stuck with him next year.

Downfall of this management group is loyalty to a fault, resulting in a complete lack of foresight

Reactions: hn777 and Zippity

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Still see a team with half nhl and half ahl players still playing hard for their coach. If only the person alot want to fire maurice did his job before the season started the team wouldnt be in such a mess.

Zippity

Feb 3, 2013
Surely they have a spot for Maurice with the Moose. And Chevy move over to true north square

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
I am still in disbelief the team has fallen so far so fast. From the pinnacle 2 season ago to now a 68 goal differential (+59 to currently -9). Ridiculous.

Still seems something happened to the team in December 2018 that broke them. No clue what. Since then it has been an absolute failure by the coaching staff and management. Was Chevy so focused on how to sign Laine and Connor he totally forgot about the Defense? Is he blind to the atrocious on ice product? Whoopee they try hard. The stats and eye test say the team is a friggin mess. Such a waste of elite forward talent.

With what Chevy has done to date I have very little faith he is going to fix it by next season. Even less if he has indeed extended the coach.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
OK -lost 8 of the last 9 games at home and 5 games straight - This crew is making the 2011 Jets look like world beaters.

The total lack of any adjustments over the all-star break really speaks to Maurices's absolute lack of urgency. He is coaching like a guy with a contract for next season.

Although in the past, in all his wisdom Maurice has said that he is not concerned if his power play produces as long as his PK is rolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad