Speculation: Coaching changes

markog

Apr 4, 2008
Slovenia
The Trotz drama will be interesting to watch.

Trotz is a winning coach, no question. Do you fire a solid coach who will always coach-up a top tier team?

Who do you hire then?

Most interesting drama to watch.....

Most boring change? Mclellan will get the bums-rush into the parking lot

JQ :D

Shane Goudie

Jul 8, 2009
Todd McLellan won't be fired. Chia Pete isn't a great GM, but he know the constant coaching changes in Edmonton can't be helpful. They'll add or replace one of the assistant coaches to try and spruce up the special teams but that is about it.

north49er

Dec 20, 2017
Wouldn't he be gone too with TM?
I admit I'm not really sure about TM. Is he decent coach in a bad situation or a bad coach in a bad situation. Watching him this season during games he looks like he's at his wits end. I heard an Edmonton scribe on the radio this morning state that this was the most disappointing season in Oiler history. He went on to say that the Oilers also have nothing coming up through their minor league system that will help next year. So it sounds like a decent coach in a bad situation? Sounds like present and past GM's are to blame?

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I dont think he will, but Hextall desperately needs to move on from Hakstol. The guy has an incredibly boring brand of hockey, especially when playing with a lead late in the game. He also doesnt give the kids experience in key times during games where they need it, instead relying on players who wont be here in two years.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I dont think he will, but Hextall desperately needs to move on from Hakstol. The guy has an incredibly boring brand of hockey, especially when playing with a lead late in the game. He also doesnt give the kids experience in key times during games where they need it, instead relying on players who wont be here in two years.
Which is why the Rangers need to get Knoblauch out of there ASAP

Wingsfan 4 life

Oct 9, 2016
If Holland re-ups, I think Blashill is safe to start next season. If Holland ain't GM, all bets are off.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
41-20 SOG Corsi team CAR win this game easy if not for Henrik - it has nothing to do with AV and his system.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
No way. But AV is like a roach. He finds a way to keep surviving.

Kinda how we feel about Hakstol. Imagine being in first place at the deadline and not making the playoffs by seasons end.

Hell, the blues were out of it at the deadline. Sold players, and got back in.

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
I’ll take him back, sure. What’s the difference? As long as Linden and Benning are in their current positions, who gives a ****?

If Vigneault came to Canucks he would be the smartest hockey man. No way Canuck braintrust allows that.

Green is safe, I think, in Vancouver. His assistants might not be.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2017
If Vigneault came to Canucks he would be the smartest hockey man. No way Canuck braintrust allows that.
Like shit, honestly. Coach V with Gillis and Gilman back in the fold may possibly kill it. They’d bring the same good, plus adjustments in what they failed at, with their newly outside perspective.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad