Speculation: Coaching changes

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
I'm not denying the guys connections. I'm just saying I don't think they're going to fire a guy after one year, even if he's saying it's possible. If they did, I think it's a joke personally. Maybe I'd feel differently if they were awful, but firing a coach after one season is a joke, especially when there's been clear improvement from the previous year.
I think giving up the first goal in 50 + games is a clear sign to me that this team doesn't come out motivated to play imo. Motivation is a coaching problem to me This team needs more out of players like Amadio Kempe Brodzinski Gravel LaDue all players that have preformed in the ahl with the coaching of Stothers I think the only reason Steven got the job after Sutter was he was promised it under the old management and new management went along with it. I think Stothers is more of a Blake coach as i believe he was his coach when he was gm of the ahl club. As for the clear improvement we made this year I feel it was due to bounce back seasons of Kopitar and Brown I believe no matter who the new coach was it was going to happen. The feud between Brown and Sutter was well known to most king fans. As for Kopitar\s bounce back year I think it was due to him being healthy more then anything As he closed out last year in close to point a game from Jan in. He played the first half of the year recovering from injury. Also lets not forget the impact of not having Quick for a full season that alone is helpful in a bounce back year. I do agree however this maybe moot as i believe we will make the playoffs and his job will be saved.

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
OK, this no trade period is torture! Since we can't trade can we speculate on what coaches are gone after the season ends? Who are the first to go and who replaces them?

Trades are technically still allowed, just the players who get traded to a playoff team can't participate in the playoffs...

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
OK, this no trade period is torture! Since we can't trade can we speculate on what coaches are gone after the season ends? Who are the first to go and who replaces them?

On the main board we have lengthy discussion on it.

This will be the first time in nearly 50 years no coaches were sacked in a season

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
As a Flames fan, I kind of want GG to stay but want him fired, maybe change the coaching staff and keep GG, unless Q or Hax gets canned I'd like to keep GG (or go after one of them two^)

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
I think giving up the first goal in 50 + games is a clear sign to me that this team doesn't come out motivated to play imo. Motivation is a coaching problem to me This team needs more out of players like Amadio Kempe Brodzinski Gravel LaDue all players that have preformed in the ahl with the coaching of Stothers I think the only reason Steven got the job after Sutter was he was promised it under the old management and new management went along with it. I think Stothers is more of a Blake coach as i believe he was his coach when he was gm of the ahl club. As for the clear improvement we made this year I feel it was due to bounce back seasons of Kopitar and Brown I believe no matter who the new coach was it was going to happen. The feud between Brown and Sutter was well known to most king fans. As for Kopitar\s bounce back year I think it was due to him being healthy more then anything As he closed out last year in close to point a game from Jan in. He played the first half of the year recovering from injury. Also lets not forget the impact of not having Quick for a full season that alone is helpful in a bounce back year. I do agree however this maybe moot as i believe we will make the playoffs and his job will be saved.

I don’t disagree with much of this. My point is how often do you see a coach fired after 1 season? Especially a season of 90+ points. It’s just not logical. Regardless of his flaws. I’m not saying he’s a great coach. Though I definitely think you’re not giving him enough credit. Regardless, that’s a different topic for a different thread. My point was that I don’t see him fired. Kings will make the playoffs and even if they didn’t; I don’t see them firing after 1 season

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
I don’t disagree with much of this. My point is how often do you see a coach fired after 1 season? Especially a season of 90+ points. It’s just not logical. Regardless of his flaws. I’m not saying he’s a great coach. Though I definitely think you’re not giving him enough credit. Regardless, that’s a different topic for a different thread. My point was that I don’t see him fired. Kings will make the playoffs and even if they didn’t; I don’t see them firing after 1 season

I think you are giving Stevens credit where it should go mostly to Blake and Luc. The Kings were being a very slow team and by getting rid of Greene King and Nolan and putting in Iafallo Kempe Amadio we got a ton faster which is helped the bounce back Sutter had clearly lost the room Hell he even was locked out of the locker room once between periods. I think the kings would have improved with me behind the bench and i have never coached :sarcasm: As much as i would like to say different most king fans knew this was going to be a evaluation of just how much of a effect Sutter had on the team and clearly it was a lot. Seriously with healthy seasons from both quick and kopitar how could they not improve. Yes we improved with Stevens however i believe with a more motivating coach we would have improved more. This team needs more from its supporting cast and stevens doesn't seem to be able to get it.

WhoTagz

Jan 28, 2017
Pennsylvania
My ideas of coaches that will not be coaching their current team Next season

1. Alain Vigneault
2. Claude Julien
3. Doug Weight
4. Bill Peters
5. Todd McLellan
6. Glen Gulutzan
7. Jeff Blashill

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Oil fan hoping TMac is sent packing. Would love to replace him with Sheldon Keefe. Tired of retreads and dinosaurs, need a coach who can evolve as the game does.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
I think you are giving Stevens credit where it should go mostly to Blake and Luc. The Kings were being a very slow team and by getting rid of Greene King and Nolan and putting in Iafallo Kempe Amadio we got a ton faster which is helped the bounce back Sutter had clearly lost the room Hell he even was locked out of the locker room once between periods. I think the kings would have improved with me behind the bench and i have never coached :sarcasm: As much as i would like to say different most king fans knew this was going to be a evaluation of just how much of a effect Sutter had on the team and clearly it was a lot. Seriously with healthy seasons from both quick and kopitar how could they not improve. Yes we improved with Stevens however i believe with a more motivating coach we would have improved more. This team needs more from its supporting cast and stevens doesn't seem to be able to get it.

What credit did I give him? Saying they’re improved? I never once said he’s done anything well. I think it’s wrong/unfair to not give him any credit, but whatever, that is irrelevant in this conversation. I get it, you want him gone. All I said was it’s very likely not going to happen because it’s only been a year. Like I said, I’m not saying he’s a good coach. That isn’t the discussion or topic.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I’d imagine at least two Canadian teams will can their coaches - Calgary and Edmonton are the easy ones. Both teams should have been playoff shoe-ins with the talent on their rosters.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Hopefully the Rangers replace Vigneault with Knoblauch, but we all saw what happened last time they tried to get a coach out of Philly

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Every fanbase complains about how their coach refuses to play the young talented skill players who are the future, and instead insist on sticking the useless grinder vet in the lineup. They go on to say that the young kids get yanked for any mistake, while the scrub vet gets a long leash.

Plus, every fanbase says their coach's system sucks, doesn't know how to run a pp and that his team has tuned him out.

Ok, maybe a bit of hyperbole about "every team", but easily 20 fanbases say it.

Reactions: Jakey53

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad