Speculation: Coach Q still a HOF’r?

Will Q still be inducted into the hockey HOF given recent events?

• Total voters

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Will he... I've always said about borderline cases were hardware is involved... as long as HOF voters are mostly good old hockey boys. Yes he will still be voted in.

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
He's currently playing ignorant, or he is ignorant. He BS'd about having the meeting but that could have been recommended to him.

The lawsuit should turn over many stones if the prosecution is at all competent.

Of course, until some testimony shows that Q knew Beach was raped I'm not ready to say with that's a fact with 100% certainty unlike many of you. The beans will be spilled.

Reactions: Crow

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
He's currently playing ignorant, or he is ignorant. He BS'd about having the meeting but that could have been recommended to him.

The lawsuit should turn over many stones if the prosecution is at all competent.

Of course, until some testimony shows that Q knew Beach was raped I'm not ready to say with that's a fact with 100% certainty unlike many of you. The beans will be spilled.
Seems like at the very least he knew there was an allegation of sexual harassment and advocated for burying it.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Based on the current information I do not think that Q can be put in the HOF at this time. This is something that will ultimately ruin his legacy in most way. HOF coach that made a unforgivable mistake.

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
Seems like at the very least he knew there was an allegation of sexual harassment and advocated for burying it.

Doesn't look good.

But these guys live with each other 2/3rds of the year, no doubt whatever Q knew others knew about his awareness of the situation...likely many people and hopefully soon we'll know exactly how things played out. He was as dismissive about the situation in his recent presser as he supposedly was in 2010.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
The only way he would have a chance is if he came completely clean and was sincerely apologetic to Beach about his actions. If he continues to play ignorant he is done in hockey. If he accepted his irresponsibility and apologized to Beach for his inactions and Beach forgave him he might still have a chance to stay in hockey down the road.

Reactions: LavalPhantom

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
I have no idea why Bettman is meeting with Q and Chevy. The report is completed and very damning of both. Bettman should be talking to the Jets and Panthers owners and tell them those 2 are no longer to be associated with the NHL. Fire them! Or do you prefer that I do it?

Crow

May 19, 2014
Hard to say right now. A lot of allegations but exactly what did he know? I’m not sure. He looks like shit right now but is he for sure? Did anyone else collaborate the accusations made that he knew “it”. What is it? What did he know exactly?

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I have no idea why Bettman is meeting with Q and Chevy. The report is completed and very damning of both. Bettman should be talking to the Jets and Panthers owners and tell them those 2 are no longer to be associated with the NHL. Fire them! Or do you prefer that I do it?
It’s pretty appalling the league is allowing Quenneville to coach tonight. At the very least, he should be on leave before that meeting with Bettman.

He didn’t want justice for a victimized player to interfere with his or the team’s legacy.

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
I wonder how much or if any personal liability these guys have. The franchise is ultimately responsible, but makes me wonder if there will be any direct suits towards q, mcd, or bowman.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Hard to say right now. A lot of allegations but exactly what did he know? I’m not sure. He looks like shit right now but is he for sure? Did anyone else collaborate the accusations made that he knew “it”. What is it? What did he know exactly?

All you need to know is that Beach said there was no way Q didn't know, and that there were meetings in Q's office regarding it(I believe that's what was said).

Crow

May 19, 2014
All you need to know is that Beach said there was no way Q didn't know, and that there were meetings in Q's office regarding it(I believe that's what was said).
I still don’t know what he knew. What was presented to Q? Maybe the truth, maybe some bullshit that Gary told him. Seems like Gary had already decided that it was beach’s fault.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK

The reason why Bettman is still commissioner, despite being in charge of a league that was locked out twice while he was boss, is because the BoGs love him. He always does right by them.

This is another example of that - it's just long enough so that Bettman doesn't have to make tough decisions out of the hands of the BoGs, yet it's just enough to give the perception that the league are involved and taking the matter seriously (which, if they truly were, would have either investigated it several months ago OR have sidelined some of the others involved immediately upon publication of yesterday's report)

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00