Speculation: Coach Q still a HOF’r?

Will Q still be inducted into the hockey HOF given recent events?

• Total voters

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I still don’t know what he knew. What was presented to Q? Maybe the truth, maybe some bullshit that Gary told him. Seems like Gary had already decided that it was beach’s fault.

Doesn't matter IMO. His job as coach is to support his players, and protect his players. He failed at that miserably. He very easily could have pursued and pushed until he had all the info he needed. He commanded a lot of respect in the organization at that time. He could have done something. Anything. He didn't.

Reactions: Kaners Bald Spot

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
Doesn't matter IMO. His job as coach is to support his players, and protect his players. He failed at that miserably. He very easily could have pursued and pushed until he had all the info he needed. He commanded a lot of respect in the organization at that time. He could have done something. Anything. He didn't.
Wouldnt aldrich technically report to q too as he was part of the coaching staff?

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Wouldnt aldrich technically report to q too as he was part of the coaching staff?
Yeah, but what's the relevance? If I'm a coach, and one of my coaches is accused of sexually assaulting one of my players, or even if it's just a question of sexual advances, I'm finding out everything I can, and I'm pursuing it until I'm satisfied with what I find.

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
Yeah, but what's the relevance? If I'm a coach, and one of my coaches is accused of sexually assaulting one of my players, or even if it's just a question of sexual advances, I'm finding out everything I can, and I'm pursuing it until I'm satisfied with what I find.
I just mean its even more damning to q that he chose to ignore it since it was one of the guys hes directly responsible for.

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
Q either knew what was going on and refused to do anything about it or he looked the other way and pretended it never happen. Either way he played a major role in this scandal. The fact that he is still coaching tells me the panthers only care about winning and the nhl (betteman) has no spine.

And no Q do not deserve to go into the HOF. If he gets in then the HOF losses Alito of respect/credibility.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Q either knew what was going on and refused to do anything about it or he looked the other way and pretended it never happen. Either way he played a major role in this scandal. The fact that he is still coaching tells me the panthers only care about winning and the nhl (betteman) has no spine.

And no Q do not deserve to go into the HOF. If he gets in then the HOF losses Alito of respect/credibility.

Q still has a meeting with Bettman. As does Chevy.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Give a real, heartfelt apologize to Kyle and if he accepts it, then maybe we can talk.

Otherwise, hell no. Let him be a cautionary tale to other coaches.

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
Seems like at the very least he knew there was an allegation of sexual harassment and advocated for burying it.

“Kyle Beach has been through a horrific experience and has shown true courage in telling his story," said NHLPA’s Donald Fehr. "There is no doubt that the system failed to support him in his time of need, and we are part of that system.”

Me: I think Donald Fehr ought to step down as their players’ leader!

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
I have no idea why Bettman is meeting with Q and Chevy. The report is completed and very damning of both. Bettman should be talking to the Jets and Panthers owners and tell them those 2 are no longer to be associated with the NHL. Fire them! Or do you prefer that I do it?
Little Commish Gary Bettman is just buying time and releasing trial balloons to gauge the fans’s outrage.

Reactions: Marotte Marauder

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
He's a HOF caliber type coach in regards to managing the one ice aspects of the game.

But off ice.. oof. A coach leads his team. Shows his team the right and wrong way. A good coach motivates and supports his players, on and OFF the ice. Q failed to do such on so many levels.

Doesn't deserve it IMO.
on ice not one ice

Dicky113

Oct 30, 2007
I think he should probably be charged as an accomplice in the assault on that 16 year old in 2013. His glowing reference, in full knowledge Aldrich was a predator, got him the job at that school.

so no, he doesn’t belong in the hall. He belongs in prison

Reactions: Marotte Marauder

Malaka

you know, **** it, let’s just not think so much
Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com
Not a fan of other teams fans coming to our board and voting on this. Some 37 of the 44 no’s are names I don’t particularly recognize

Q not protecting his players especially the young prospects is damning to his legacy, however I’m not sure if that will deter him from the hall. Maybe there’s things we don’t know about his level of responsibility in handling the situation. I’d like to reserve judgement but as with everyone else and the severity of the matter, it’s deeply difficult. There seems to have been a diffusion of responsibility from the bottom up, where even the team psychologist played it off. Why? This goes into a greater deal of issues surrounding taking mental health seriously, hockey culture itself, and of course, male rapes and being taken advantage of.

Sad for us fans losing whatever purity/innocence that was there in 2010 and what seemed to be a special moment in hockey, as well as most importantly Beach himself and how this likely ravaged his life/career and projecting here but love for the sport. Pure evil to do that to a 20 year old, especially as a coach(albeit, some wanker low on the totem pole video coach).

I’m going to wait to hear more information about Q personally. From what I know, and this came from talking with Don Granato back around 2017, he was mostly hands off when it came to player management. He expected you to be professional and kept distance. You f***ed up, you’re getting scratched, no hard feelings. But when he did talk to his players though, he made sure it be known he LOVED them. It came across in those interactions. He cared a lot. I don’t have an answer, but based on what I know on that it’s tough to think about his role in this. Just my two cents.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ace Card Bedard

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
Not a fan of other teams fans coming to our board and voting on this. Some 37 of the 44 no’s are names I don’t particularly recognize

Q not protecting his players especially the young prospects is damning to his legacy, however I’m not sure if that will deter him from the hall. Maybe there’s things we don’t know about his level of responsibility in handling the situation. I’d like to reserve judgement but as with everyone else and the severity of the matter, it’s deeply difficult. There seems to have been a diffusion of responsibility from the bottom up, where even the team psychologist played it off. Why? This goes into a greater deal of issues surrounding taking mental health seriously, hockey culture itself, and of course, male rapes and being taken advantage of

YES!

Flahawkfan

Apr 24, 2017
Moraly right. Q doesn't get a sniff of the HOF and probably gets dimissed. More likely, it becomes a he said, he said situation. As it was said above, people have a short memory

Most likely: Q gets elected into hall with "Alleged" status i.e. Bobby Hull allegeding beating his wife, Doug Gilmour alleging having issues with the 13 yr old babysitter etc etc.

People do F'ed up things, but after some time they are forgotten a. Look no further than the office of President (and to be NON-PARTISAN) see Clinton or Trump.

Reactions: Pertti

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
we do not know his involvement in this case so i would say yes on merit. if something comes out that he was directly involved and knowingly covered up a sexual assault then no.

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
“Kyle Beach has been through a horrific experience and has shown true courage in telling his story," said NHLPA’s Donald Fehr. "There is no doubt that the system failed to support him in his time of need, and we are part of that system.”

Me: I think Donald Fehr ought to step down as their players’ leader!
What does fehr have to do with what i posted?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad