Speculation: Coach Q still a HOF’r?

Will Q still be inducted into the hockey HOF given recent events?

• Total voters

Larmer83

I'm taking the high road moving forward.
May 13, 2018
Lakewood, CO
I voted that Q will eventually get into the HOF. I would prefer he not.

In my opinion, he's just behind McDouche in former management that is most culpable in the handling of the sexual assault of Kyle Beach.

Last edited:

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
I have no idea if Q will get into the HHoF now.

I'm glad Bowman, McIsaac, McDonough, Q, and the rest are gone from the organization. At any point shortly after hearing about the allegations, one of those guys should have addressed it instead of passing the buck until nothing got done. f*** 'em, good riddance.

Reactions: Kaners Bald Spot

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
Oof so ready for this to go away.

I hope it doesn't. The fact that this happened needs to stay in people's mindsets so that there is a chance that it never happens again. If a player of any sport is (allegedly) sexually assaulted, we should be demanding that the players should not have contact with their alleged assailant until a thorough investigation by professionals (and I'll put money on the fact that McD, McIsaac, Bowman, Chevy, and Q do not have the proper training to investigate alleged sexual assault), and that an investigation take place with the facts as fresh as possible, and that the result of the investigation is made public.

Reactions: Melrose Munch

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
Joel Quenneville resigns as coach of the Florida Panthers

The second-winningest coach in NHL history, Quenneville is 31 wins away from hitting 1,000 — something he likely would have done this season with Florida.

Every once in a while, there's a little justice in this world.
I guess, but in the grand scheme, hes had a long career and so far it seems like there wont be enough consequence for a lot of the management/coaches.

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
I read the report and this is kind of my speculation of what could have gone differently. If Joel Quenneville had gone into that room and said screw Aldrich, we don't need him then he would have been gone in an instant. But he didn't. It was clear he was pissed off and thought he needed Aldrich to win. He was the only person who could have determined that Aldrich was key to winning. When Q said that, McDonagh did what he did because he wanted to win too but none of this would have happened if Q had said fire that guy. Aldrich was irrelevant to everyone else in that room. The glowing employment report also speaks to this.

And you know it makes you wonder what else Q chose winning over. Would a guy who chooses winning over handling a sexual assault allegation also choose returning a concussed player to the lineup to win? Probably. I am just so completely disillusioned with him. I guess for some reason I expected him to be a better person, to care more about the players than some slimy front office executive or business dude.

You know the one thing I will say about Bowman is that if you read the report his account of what happened is one of the most detailed while everyone else involved in the meetings had serious gaps in their memory. My speculation is that when the consultants were hired he realized the jig was up and that lying wouldn't help his case. It doesn't really make him a better person than Q given everything that happened, but it makes him smarter.

CJV123

Feb 4, 2010
I read the report and this is kind of my speculation of what could have gone differently....
You know the one thing I will say about Bowman is that if you read the report his account of what happened is one of the most detailed while everyone else involved in the meetings had serious gaps in their memory. My speculation is that when the consultants were hired he realized the jig was up and that lying wouldn't help his case. It doesn't really make him a better person than Q given everything that happened, but it makes him smarter.

It does make Bowman a marginally better person. Many people sin and there is something to be said to be repentant, and repentance starts with not lying any more. Mind you, this does not absolve the sin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad