Co-ed locker rooms

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
Normally the girls I've played with don't change in front or shower...

but if they're comfortable in doing it, then what's to stop them really?

Cams

May 27, 2008
Windsor, ON
If it's minor hockey, or leagues where you have coaches, etc. I don't have a problem with girls/women in the dressing room for the pre and/or post game talk, strategy, what have you. However, any rink I have ever been in, especially in the last 10 years or so, have had a separate room for the females to get changed. I believe that this is the way it should be. I even played in a co-ed pick up league (basically pick up hockey, with set teams/sponsors) and the women changed in the designated women's room. I don't see why anyone would have a problem with this, or really be against it. I wouldn't want to get changed in the same room. I feel it would be uncomfortable for both. Sure, you are part of the team, but in a loosely organized league or pick up - there is no coaches, no pre game talk, etc.

shoeshine boy

Aug 14, 2008
If it's minor hockey, or leagues where you have coaches, etc. I don't have a problem with girls/women in the dressing room for the pre and/or post game talk, strategy, what have you. However, any rink I have ever been in, especially in the last 10 years or so, have had a separate room for the females to get changed. I believe that this is the way it should be. I even played in a co-ed pick up league (basically pick up hockey, with set teams/sponsors) and the women changed in the designated women's room. I don't see why anyone would have a problem with this, or really be against it. I wouldn't want to get changed in the same room. I feel it would be uncomfortable for both. Sure, you are part of the team, but in a loosely organized league or pick up - there is no coaches, no pre game talk, etc.

for kids I do believe that the change rooms should be different but for adults I think people should change where they want to. locker room time is crucial for being part of the team. we're all adults and believe me, I'm not checking you out. if you (not you personally but you in general) are uncomfortable changing with the opposite sex or aren't mature enough to handle it then maybe you should be changing somewhere else.
I'm quite sure other cities are different but none of the rinks in ATL even have a women's locker room. a little surprising since 2 of our rinks were built less than 10 years ago.

HasbeenHallzy

May 14, 2015
Sudbury
I've never played against a girl at my level, but in every other league I've ever seen around here not once has a girl ever changed in the same dressing room as the guys after the age of like 5. They have 2 girls rooms and girls will normally go in there to change their underclothes and throw the bottom halves of their equipment on and jump into the guys room.

StrictlyCommercial

Oct 28, 2006
Vancouver
Co-ed dressing rooms are pretty normal here. Girls shower first, guys shower when they're done.

Not every guy showers, not every girl showers. Side benefit is nobody does the I'm going to stand here with my dick out for half an hour' play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad