Post-Game Talk: Cloned can finally take a cold shower. Nurse needs some more practice.

kevy999

Sep 12, 2016
I appreciate what you are saying however I was not besmirching other teams players, rather I was saying that the Oilers struggle to win against crappy teams.

As we all know the Oilers under Katz's ownership have been among the worst teams in league history and none of us should be throwing stones - glass houses and all. With that said, after seeing all the mud thrown our way over the years I am glad to see that what comes around goes around.

Please don't tell me to show anyone respect. I have always tried to be respectful of everyone & their team despite any animosity real or imagined.
wasn't really directed at you only. I am talking in general how people on this board who know nothing about hockey think the Oilers should beat someone just because they are lower than us in the standings. My point is if the Oilers are not focused and outwork other teams then they will get their ass kicked . An example is how they always get their ass handed to them in L.a. but yet clowns on this board make fun of the California teams because now they are below us in the standings. It always comes back to bite the Oilers in the ass . Fans will be fans nomatter how dumb they sound but i am smart enough to realize that there are no bad teams in the league and and in any given night any team can beat any team. The Oilers play the Kings tomorrow but everyone on this board thinks that is an easy 2 points lol not so fast. The Kings have made fools of the Oilers many times when they play in l.a. and made fools of the oiler fans.

Reactions: RattsSSV

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
It was Evolving Wild. A pair of twins and admitted Oiler haters and yet another pair of statzi’s who prove yet again most advanced stats are absolutely meaningless.

I can’t find the tweet where they said Nichushkin is better than Leon. They also believe Spurgeon is the perfect NHL defenceman.

A bunch of Edmonton media jumped down his throat and they got triggered.

So basically a couple of Pejorative Slurs.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
wasn't really directed at you only. I am talking in general how people on this board who know nothing about hockey think the Oilers should beat someone just because they are lower than us in the standings. My point is if the Oilers are not focused and outwork other teams then they will get their ass kicked . An example is how they always get their ass handed to them in L.a. but yet clowns on this board make fun of the California teams because now they are below us in the standings. It always comes back to bite the Oilers in the ass . Fans will be fans nomatter how dumb they sound but i am smart enough to realize that there are no bad teams in the league and and in any given night any team can beat any team. The Oilers play the Kings tomorrow but everyone on this board thinks that is an easy 2 points lol not so fast. The Kings have made fools of the Oilers many times when they play in l.a. and made fools of the oiler fans.

That is what people just can't come to terms with.

Reactions: RattsSSV and Duke74

duul

Jun 21, 2010
We allowed 4 goals 5 on 5. That is what cost us the game. Nurse played 27 minutes and was not on the ice for one of them, and he cost us the game?

We are not going to win all of them, especially with what we are missing right now. Lines 2-4 provided zero offense, but hey let's pile on one of the guys that did what he is supposed to.

Having said that though, I think it is time to put Bear on the first unit. He is made for the PP, mobile with a good shot and good vision. Hell I bet he could replace Klefbom on the top unit as well.
Well yes, Nurse did assist with the others in costing us the game in that he single-handedly ruins our PP. Good thing Bear is out there at practice on the 1st unit.

I agree as well that lines 2-4 are useless. However, Nurse is being relied upon to do more than just not allow goals at this point. Keep in mind, this is just one game. He is not playing well. What's the saying...even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while? Even a poor defenceman goes a game without giving up a goal every once in a while. Doesn't mean he's good.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Any word of how long Soucy will be suspended for the elbow to the head of Archi?

Who am I kidding Parros is too busy watching footage of Kassian from the pressbox to even consider punishing a predatory head shot that resulted in an injury.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
that is the first account I've ever had to preemptively block on twitter just to make sure I don't ever have any future interactions with them.
Well there are "serious" posters on here who after last game would have gone with:
Jones Bear
Lagesson Bouchard
Nurse Benning

... Lagesson has a bad game so he's out now, Nurse steps up to #4. Go figure...

I'd actually like to see this D line up for a 5-10 game stretch if/when we've clinched a playoff spot. Would be intetesting to see how long it would take the coat-turners to trash these rookies.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Well yes, Nurse did assist with the others in costing us the game in that he single-handedly ruins our PP. Good thing Bear is out there at practice on the 1st unit.

I agree as well that lines 2-4 are useless. However, Nurse is being relied upon to do more than just not allow goals at this point. Keep in mind, this is just one game. He is not playing well. What's the saying...even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while? Even a poor defenceman goes a game without giving up a goal every once in a while. Doesn't mean he's good.

Nurse has the highest GF% and lowest GA/60 on the team over the last 18 games...

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Those two idiots are everything that is wrong with the advanced stats community. They've somehow suckered people like JTR to pay money for their charts, though.
Are these serious people?
I thought it was fans just messing around, kind of funny tbh.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Yiiiikes.

They're quadrupling down on it now.

Minny fans. Can't blame them for grabbing onto evaluating stats a certain way to make themselves feel good about their best players being Koivu and Niederreiter.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Too much over analyzing in here. New defenseman and Price as goalie and we win the cup. End of story.

I’ll tune in for people calling me idiots later.

Dynamic

Dec 21, 2004
Edmonton
jebus he's a defenceman, and a damn good one at that. We're faulting him for not being a gun slinger as well?

Nurse is in no way responsible for this loss. How about Larsson scoring again in his own net and pointing his blade perfectly to direct a Minny puck home. What a f*cking braincramp. 4th own goal of the year by Larsson.

I like Nurse and I agree, his job is not to score. I think he is literally a perfect middle pairing guy and I hope we can keep him long term. Tough, durable, and overall he is pretty good defensively.

I’m not trying to fault him but I’m not alone in just being slightly disappointed in his offensive game. He has all the physical tools to be an offensive threat but he is just on the other side of the cusp so to speak. He gets open and sneaks in from the point but he can’t pick a corner to save his life. I’d rather be slightly disappointed in his offensive game than his defensive game so he is doing lots right.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
it’s like half of all Oiler fans have turned into Raabs and desperately want to Petry him.
Raab right now.
giphy.gif

Reactions: TB12 and Drivesaitl

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I like Nurse and I agree, his job is not to score. I think he is literally a perfect middle pairing guy and I hope we can keep him long term. Tough, durable, and overall he is pretty good defensively.

I’m not trying to fault him but I’m not alone in just being slightly disappointed in his offensive game. He has all the physical tools to be an offensive threat but he is just on the other side of the cusp so to speak. He gets open and sneaks in from the point but he can’t pick a corner to save his life. I’d rather be slightly disappointed in his offensive game than his defensive game so he is doing lots right.

Nice post, fair comments. I love Nurse overall, but that said it is curious he doesn't have much of a shot. Usually physically strong players with upper body strength can wire the puck. But I watch Darnell and for a hockey player he's a bit muscle bound. He may lack in some flexibility and range to be an effective shooter. Still, with a carbon graphite stick he should be able to rip them. I'd wonder what the issue is with his shot. Practices aren't open anymore so I rarely get to see these player aspects anymore. In the past you would know which players had a shot, and who didn't, and whether they were just struggling in game play.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Nice post, fair comments. I love Nurse overall, but that said it is curious he doesn't have much of a shot. Usually physically strong players with upper body strength can wire the puck. But I watch Darnell and for a hockey player he's a bit muscle bound. He may lack in some flexibility and range to be an effective shooter. Still, with a carbon graphite stick he should be able to rip them. I'd wonder what the issue is with his shot. Practices aren't open anymore so I rarely get to see these player aspects anymore. In the past you would know which players had a shot, and who didn't, and whether they were just struggling in game play.
I wonder if we are able to look up past skills comp numbers and see what Darnell registered? I’m certain he’s topped 100MPH a few times.

I also remember a few goals he scored on the PP last season off of the drop pass play Nuge likes to do that we’re absolute rockets. I think it’s his wrist shot that is a weakness and his coordination just isn’t quite there, maybe it’s a stick length thing or just that he isn’t that good at consistently getting off solid shots.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Oil Dood

Sep 17, 2019

Nurse is one of our best defensive guys.
Stats, ice time ect state all of that.
You clearly have a blind spot of hatred for him, nobody here can change that for you.
I guess it is time to get out the pitchforks and chase out another young defensman.

Oil Dood

Sep 17, 2019
it’s like half of all Oiler fans have turned into Raabs and desperately want to Petry him.

These same guys will turn on one of Bear, Bouchard(cannot tell me that a Bear vs Bouchard debate is not looming in the future), are the same guys that drove out Brewer, Poti, Schultz, Petry.
Times do not change all that much around here over the years.

Oil Dood

Sep 17, 2019
Nurse has the highest GF% and lowest GA/60 on the team over the last 18 games...

Don't waste your time arguing. I can speak from experience here, I had become so anti Klefbom because of his injuries that I stopped seeing the good in his play, this is no different. You cannot convince someone of anything if they do not want to see it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad