Prospect Info: Cliff Pu (2016, 69th) – '18-19: Traded to Carolina

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
The opportunity to be a key guy on the annual powerhouse Knights' team should be big in his development. He has the tools, would love to see him grab this and show why he was such a high priority selection.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
i sure hope Buffalo has the chance to create a home "Poooooooooooooooo" for everytime cliff touches the puck.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
The opportunity to be a key guy on the annual powerhouse Knights' team should be big in his development. He has the tools, would love to see him grab this and show why he was such a high priority selection.

yea. if there is one guy to really keep an eye on next year, it's him

I wasnt overly impressed with him. His speed stands out, and he plays a solid effort based game. But I don't see the skill.

With that said, he's got an amazing opportunity next year. He could be centering Tkachuk and Jones next year?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
yea. if there is one guy to really keep an eye on next year, it's him

I wasnt overly impressed with him. His speed stands out, and he plays a solid effort based game. But I don't see the skill.

With that said, he's got an amazing opportunity next year. He could be centering Tkachuk and Jones next year?

He and Jones should probably continue together, will be interesting if Tkachuk returns or if Calgary keeps him up. That could greatly benefit Cliff's production.

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
I jumped off my couch when I heard the pick! This kid will be an absolute steal.

He played minor midget for the Toronto Marlies coached by Paul Coffey. He played with McLeod who went 12th to NJ and I liked Pu better. McLeod has more size but both can absolutely burn. Pu read the game better and made all the little plays to win.

He was stuck behind the big boys during the regular season and didn't put up number but he was electric in the playoffs and Memorial Cup. Playoffs were a real coming out party for him and as others said, playing key offensive minutes next year should see him really take off.

Fantastic Pick!!!:)

Royisgone

Mar 7, 2012
Confucius say: He who poo-poo Pu must spew.

Size, speed, hands, skill; happy to cut to the front of the net after breaking down the wing...what's not to like?

Punished ROR

a hero denied by hortons
Jul 3, 2006
"Pu's all over the ice tonight!"
"Pu with a soft dump in the corner."
"Oh, he just smeared Pu into the glass!"

Yes, I'm 7.

Last edited:

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
He's very good at changing gears to open up space. Something Evander Kane needs to learn to do.

Ethan Edwards

Oct 30, 2013
PA
Based on the comments I appear to be a bit higher on this kid than others. I think this is an excellent 3rd round pick.

cnauta

Oct 22, 2011
This is a fantastic pick for Buffalo! He should have went in the second round. He is that good.

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY
Does Pu play a "dump and chase" game?

Does he log a lot of minutes?

Does he have the potential to be a #2 Center?

Ok, I'm done now.

Robls

Sep 17, 2007
Saw him in Erie a couple of times. Quite a motor on him. Hustles all the time. He really picked up his game during the playoffs. I expect him to really get some big-time first line minutes in London next year.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Based on the comments I appear to be a bit higher on this kid than others. I think this is an excellent 3rd round pick.
Nope I'm with you. I love this pick. I think it was an absolute steal. I'm already dialed into every Niagara Ice Dogs game this year when London comes to town. I will be there to watch this kid and cheer him on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad