Cleveland Monsters Thread VII (All Affiliate talk here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
50% on PK, 0% on PP 0-4. And Sonny Milano with -2. Some things never change.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Amazing how people were shocked when VA was an easy cut in camp...and he has statistically struggled in Cleveland. Anyone know what is going on there?

Seems like CBJ are using their ECHL affiiliate much more this year compared to past years. Nice to see those guys sent down are showing to be too good for the ECHL. Fortier (6 Games = 4 Gs, 9 Pts), Vigneault (3 Games = 1 G, 6 Pts). Even Kole had a goal in three games.

The Wheelchair

Jun 13, 2015
Ottawa
Re: Abramov, I was just wondering the same thing. I was relatively down on him coming into the season, but 2-4-6 through 19 games in Cleveland is still well below what I'd hoped for.

Last edited:

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Despite all of the ECHL assignments this season being to Jacksonville the Jackets/Monsters have no affiliation or working agreement with any ECHL team.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Re: Abramov, I was just wondering the same thing. I was relatively down on him coming into the season, but 2-4-6 through 19 games in Cleveland is still well below what I'd hoped for.
the coach doesn't trust young player he get no pp ice time and low minutes regular time he isn't going to show off as a 20 years old with that

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
6 points in 19 games isn't awful for Abramov. He was a third round pick for a reason. He has room to grow, and it's his first year pro. Take his bumps this year, with hopeful improvement along the way, and hopefully he has a better year next year.

I haven't been very high on him since the World Juniors last year, but his struggles aren't exactly abnormal for a small first year pro.

The Wheelchair

Jun 13, 2015
Ottawa
Tied 3-3 now. Clendening tied it in the third with a wicked slap shot off a feed from Milano (who has looked a class above tonight).

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
If I'd seen this I would've paid more attention. Definitely saw Dalpe, Broadhurst, Sherwood, Clendening out there, and I think Carlsson as well. Hard to say beyond those guys.
What about PP? haven't noticed who is there? they are 0-8 in last 2 games. and 12% overall, good for # 29 in the legue.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
I jotted down the OT lines will post them when I have a chance. May be tomorrow.

I also got the power play lines.

By the way, if you noticed that Thurkauf and Abramov were scratched, keep in mind that the Monsters play again tomorrow (now today) at 1:00 PM, so they may be using this as a chance to both get some guys rest and play some of the guys who usually don't play.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
I can't remember the full lines but I definitely took note at one point of the PP units being full of vets.
usually its dalpe gerbe mcinnis robinson/Milano broadhurst/Letestu no D on first unit usually but clendening is there some time since he came down bittner and cross usually get a bit of it. stenlund a bit too since he was promoted to second line. but its usually full of veteran and mcinnis for whatever reason

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Man, Kivleniks sucks. Also 0-2 on PP already.

2 goals scored already against Thurkauf Vegnault Sherwood line. Send them back to ECHL.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Stenlund maybe didn't have the greatest game, he's a -2. But the thing I noticed on the stat sheet is the shots on goal. He had 5 today and he consistently gets a lot of shots. That's a good sign that we're dealing with a consistent producer and not just a prospect riding some hot play.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Stenlund maybe didn't have the greatest game, he's a -2. But the thing I noticed on the stat sheet is the shots on goal. He had 5 today and he consistently gets a lot of shots. That's a good sign that we're dealing with a consistent producer and not just a prospect riding some hot play.
and he's finally playing center sooo he looks like he could replace someone there

major major

Feb 18, 2013
and he's finally playing center sooo he looks like he could replace someone there

I think with his skill set that Stenlund would be scoring a bit in the NHL already, but it takes sooo long to groom a guy for center ice with all the added responsibility. It's great that he can learn that 2C job in Cleveland with a little less pressure. Sometimes you look at Stenlund though and it's hard not to wonder how he'd do on an NHL powerplay. I don't see why he wouldn't be one of our best PP guys right away.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
0-13 on PP.
I know they can't spend same money on AHL team as MArlies, but for the love of god invest in some good coaching, PP and goalie coach at least. Jeezes. Not some Vogelwhatever and Manny Lagace.

God how i miss Bednar...

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
I was at practice today. Collins and Prapavessis are both back on the ice, the latter albeit in a red (non-contact) jersey.

Line-a-palooza (Friday and Saturday's game lines and today's practice lines) forthcoming.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
LINE-A-PALOOZA!!!

FRIDAY'S LINES

Robinson-Dalpe-Bittner
Broadhurst-Stenlund-Gerbe
Milano-MacInnis-Letestu
Vigneault-Scott-Sherwood
Order of first appearance in game: 4, 1, 3, 2
Scratches: DiSalvo (skated in warmups), Abramov, Thurkauf, Korostelev, Gallant

Cross-Siebenaler
Carlsson-Simpson
Somerby-Clendening
Order of first appearance in game: 2, 1, 3
Scratches: Wade, Doetzel
Injuries: Collins, Prapavessis

Berube
Kivlenieks
Scratch: Thiessen

Power Play 1
Forwards - Dalpe, Letestu, Bittner, Gerbe
Defenseman - Clendening

Power Play 2
Forwards - Robinson, Milano, Broadhurst, Stenlund
Defenseman - Cross

Overtime 1
Center - Dalpe
Wing - Broadhurst
Defenseman - Clendening

Overtime 2
Center - Letestu (Sherwood finished shift in partial shift change)
Wing - Milano
Defenseman - Cross

Overtime 3
same forwards as OT1 except Robinson finished shift (wing - partial shift change)
Defenseman - Siebenaler

Captain - Gerbe
Alternates - Cross, Dalpe

SATURDAY'S LINES
(was not at game, so no power play lines, order of first appearance, or extra warmup skater)

Robinson-Dalpe-Bittner
Abramov-Stenlund-Gerbe
Milano-MacInnis-Letestu
Thurkauf-Vigneault-Sherwood
Scratches: DiSalvo, Scott, Broadhurst, Korostelev, Gallant

Cross-Siebenaler
Carlsson-Simpson
Somerby-Clendening
Scratches: Wade, Doetzel
Injuries: Collins, Prapavessis

Kivlenieks
Berube
Scratch: Thiessen

Captain - Gerbe
Alternates - Cross, Dalpe

TODAY'S PRACTICE LINES

White - Robinson-Dalpe-Bittner
Wine - Broadhurst-Stenlund-Gerbe
Royal Blue - Milano-MacInnis-Letestu
fourth and fifth lines rotated four players in line drills
Gray - DiSalvo, Abramov, Scott, Sherwood
Powder Blue - Vigneault, Thurkauf, Korostelev, Gallant

Cross-Siebenaler
Carlsson-Collins
Simpson-Clendening
Somerby-Wade
Prapavessis (red jersey)-Doetzel

Berube
Kivlenieks
Thiessen

Last edited:

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
DeSalvo (Toledo), Korostelev (Jacksonville), and Wade (Florida) sent to ECHL. Doetzel cut.

Also, I got the lines from the power play drill in yesterday's practice. Same power play lines as Friday night's game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad