Cleveland Monsters Thread VII (All Affiliate talk here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
My best guess at a Monsters depth chart:

Robinson-Dalpe-Bittner
Broadhurst-Stenlund-Gerbe
Milano-MacInnis-Letestu
Abramov-Scott-Sherwood
Gallant-Vigneault-Thurkauf
if the guys in the ECHL were a line:
Fortier-DeSalvo-Korostelev

Cross-Siebenaler
Carlsson-Collins
Simpson-Clendening
Somerby
Prapavessis (injured, but practicing)
NOTE: I don't know how the above two line up as a practice pairing since both are left defensemen
if the guys in the ECHL were a pairing:

Wade-Cockerill
NOTE: both of the ECHL guys are right defensemen, but if they were a pairing, wade would be on the left because he shifted there once this season, Cockerill has played exclusively on the right side

Berue
Kivlenieks
Thiessen

Last edited:

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Sorry about the uncertainty with the last four defensemen. This is the best I could come up with.

Last edited:

pled

Sep 7, 2009
still sad theres so much ice time given to vet but at least they play a defenseman now which is an improvement

in my dream they would swap abramov and mcinnis or even abramov and bitner but that line probably not moving for a while

also is prapavessis or collins back ?

Last edited:

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Vets playing a lot is common in top-level farm teams. Take a look at the Clippers lineups from this past summer.
I know but I can still dream. Abramov is just 20 he has time in front of him. I know 20 years old barely ever get ice time in any ahl team

elmariachi227

Aug 27, 2012
Cleveland
Random thoughts through the season:

It feels like Kivlenieks regressed from last year. Not covering a lot of areas very well. Doesn't have a good idea where the puck is coming off the stick. Gets beat high to each side a lot.

The defense has been pretty terrible, blown coverages everywhere.

Power play gets hemmed in to the boards too easily and getting passes cut off, not stretching the defense out at all.

I don't know why Thiessen isn't playing.

Siebenaler has improved. Bittner is doing well. Sherwood obviously got told to be more physical when he was sent down and came back up. Depending on how Robinson develops he could be a real decent player. Abramov and Milano still think they can stickhandle through a couple players. Abramov relying on one particular move to do it. Milano seems to be in a pass-first mindset.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Random thoughts through the season:

It feels like Kivlenieks regressed from last year. Not covering a lot of areas very well. Doesn't have a good idea where the puck is coming off the stick. Gets beat high to each side a lot.

The defense has been pretty terrible, blown coverages everywhere.

Power play gets hemmed in to the boards too easily and getting passes cut off, not stretching the defense out at all.

I don't know why Thiessen isn't playing.

Siebenaler has improved. Bittner is doing well. Sherwood obviously got told to be more physical when he was sent down and came back up. Depending on how Robinson develops he could be a real decent player. Abramov and Milano still think they can stickhandle through a couple players. Abramov relying on one particular move to do it. Milano seems to be in a pass-first mindset.

Kiv seem better at time and worse at time he is super inconsistent.

Defense suck thats true but that's not on the player more on the whole team/coaching

Thiessen is essentially assistant goalie coach that dress up when one of the other is sick.

overall most of last year rookie are improved other than Vigneault and maybe Thurkauf, he is having a hard time.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
also Kukan is coming to play tonight hope having him with Clendening, Carlsson, Cross, Simpson and possibly Collins can make the defense barely decent

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
I'm assuming Kukan is a one-game assignment since it doesn't seem there was a corresponding roster move in Columbus to replace him.

Also because it's a conditioning assignment.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Robinson-Dalpe(A)-Bittner
Milano-MacInnis-Letestu
Broadhurst-Stenlund-Gerbe(C)
Vigneault-Scott-Abramov

Cross(A)-Siebenaler
Kukan-Clendening
Carlsson-Simpson

Berube
Thiessen

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Kukan didn't waste any time, PP goal and assist. Milano 1-2-3 and Stenlund 1-1-2.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Robinson-Dalpe(A)-Bittner
Milano-MacInnis-Letestu
Broadhurst-Stenlund-Gerbe(C)
Vigneault-Scott-Abramov

Cross(A)-Collins
Kukan-Clendening
Carlsson-Simpson

Berube
Kiv

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
On the latter preview linked above Tony Brown mentioned that some of the changes in the lines were performance-based. I'll make sure to get to a practice next week so I can see which lines have changed long-term (as opposed to a one-night change due to the three games in four days).

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Clearly, I was wrong about the length of Kukan's stint with the Monsters.

By the way, if you haven't seen the score, 1-0 loss last night.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Clearly, I was wrong about the length of Kukan's stint with the Monsters.
he cant stay more than few days without going on waiver so he will be back soon enough

Madden really hate on Stenlund like I don't see how this is performance based. also surprised he broke the top line but I hope one of the younger lad end up taking that spot.

I guess he likes Scott and Sheerwood energy more than Stenlund talent. nothing wrong with high energy guy and those 2 did play well but they will never have what those hands

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
tied at 1, 1st intermission

between not starting until 16 after, the teddy bear toss following the Phantoms goal and an on-ice wedding during the first intermission, this game will likely end around midnight

at least it's allowing them to air the entirety of a pretty good interview with Jim Corsi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad