Line Combos: Cleary out for Tuesday?

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
also Babcock can't be trusted with him and will keep trying to give him top 6 and powerplay time

Exactly. I meant to mention that. He's being used by Babcock beyond his what his capabilities appear to be at this time.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Exactly. I meant to mention that. He's being used by Babcock beyond his what his capabilities appear to be at this time.

Right. If/when that changes for good I think a lot of the Cleary hate subsides.

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids
I wonder if Dan Cleary is aware of HSJ's adoration or if it is an unrequited love?

Unrequited? I'm pretty sure that Cleary's facebook profile photo is a selfie of him, Babs and HSJ doing the college girl cheek-press pose during a night out on the town in the D.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 18 min
Wings on ice for practice. This time Tatar is in gray, usually worn by players scratched next game. Tootoo and Eaves also in gray.

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 16 min
Cleary back in white jersey, skating with bottom six. Looks like he'll be back in lineup Friday vs. Washington.

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 13 min
Weiss, not expected to skate until next week due to groin pull, is only player not on ice.

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 5 min
Based on how they're skating it looks like Smith isn't in tomorrow, he's paired with Ouellet. The pairs are 55-52, 27-65 and 23-4.

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 4 min
Lines: 40-13-44, 93-43-11, 71-18-37, 20-41-8.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 18 min
Wings on ice for practice. This time Tatar is in gray, usually worn by players scratched next game. Tootoo and Eaves also in gray.

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 16 min
Cleary back in white jersey, skating with bottom six. Looks like he'll be back in lineup Friday vs. Washington.

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 13 min
Weiss, not expected to skate until next week due to groin pull, is only player not on ice.

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 5 min
Based on how they're skating it looks like Smith isn't in tomorrow, he's paired with Ouellet. The pairs are 55-52, 27-65 and 23-4.

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 4 min
Lines: 40-13-44, 93-43-11, 71-18-37, 20-41-8.

That 3rd line is the worst line I've ever seen.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
Could babs even think of two worse players to pair with andy? Oh well another lovely game where we only score 2 goals. Only problem is with the team washington will ice they will score 4-5.

tunasnacks*

I wonder how many more games it will take before Babcock and Holland are on the hot seat... 10 in a row?

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
Any cba guru's actually know what the penalty is if we are not cap complient? Or is it like last cba in that there was more of a penalty the higher up you went above the cap?

DatsyukianDeke*

lol @ that third line. To top it off, Quincey will also be on the ice when they are out there. Ovechkin is licking his chops right now, he might get out there for a couple shifts against them.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Could babs even think of two worse players to pair with andy? Oh well another lovely game where we only score 2 goals. Only problem is with the team washington will ice they will score 4-5.

As opposed to Miller and Abdelkader on the fourth line? At this point, we have to be hoping our bottom six doesn't actively cost us points. Maybe someone will get luck and pot a goal, but the real worry is that half our forward will get beat like dogs.

Even though Tatar didn't play amazing taking him out doesn't make sense, Cleary isn't gonna be a difference maker in a good way

Look at the last GDT and all of the posts about Tatar turning the puck over. If we're noticing, the coaches are noticing. I don't like Tatar being out, I don't think it's right, but it's not exactly surprising. We need Weiss back and for him and Franzen to start playing with a damn.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
As opposed to Miller and Abdelkader on the fourth line? At this point, we have to be hoping our bottom six doesn't actively cost us points. Maybe someone will get luck and pot a goal, but the real worry is that half our forward will get beat like dogs.

Look at the last GDT and all of the posts about Tatar turning the puck over. If we're noticing, the coaches are noticing. I don't like Tatar being out, I don't think it's right, but it's not exactly surprising. We need Weiss back and for him and Franzen to start playing with a damn.

Cleary turns the puck over more than ANYONE. How many times did the Jets score when Tatar was on the ice?

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
I didn't even notice that many turnovers from Tatar. And when he did, they were in the offensive zone because that's where he takes the puck.

I did notice though, him drawing a penalty and making a couple nice setups for excellent scoring chances.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad