News Article: Claude Julien at Hospital. Will Miss the Rest of the Series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
Does a stint force you to not coach though? Not sure
let all understand. if you have a blockage in an artery in your heart but have had NO heart attack yet a stent is the way to go. If you HAVE had a heart attack then some damage has been done the body scars over the crack in the heart even if you get a stent. That scar tissue is NOT heart muscle its hard scar tissue so some reduction of heart power is done. The stent is to keep open an artery that gets blocked or has a narrowing so the stent forces open the artery and lets great blood flow.
Why do I know? try 3 heart attacks , 4 stents, yes permanent heart damage but hey I am still here after 25 years since my first. So for CJ if they cought it in time with no heart attack a stent is good. If he has had a heart attack it now all depends if its a BIG one or a small one. With a stent insert. he should be fine. TIME is of the upmost importance to unblock the problem, With the hab doctors in the bubble with the players this is very GOOD. Ambulance call right away.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I hope Bouchard stays with the kid for a while and I believe he would have a harder time in the NHL with his coaching methods. Some AHL vets have problems buying into his way, I can't imagine it working with NHL vets.

Me too but wonder if he feels left out if Ducharme gets it or someone else?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
no , stents should not and are actually a routine procedure and can withing 3-5 month be at normal or even better speed. However, stents also need the patient to be regularly on blood thinners, wont affect claude as a coach, just stating for info

It's what I think too.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
let all understand. if you have a blockage in an artery in your heart but have had NO heart attack yet a stent is the way to go. If you HAVE had a heart attack then some damage has been done the body scars over the crack in the heart even if you get a stent. That scar tissue is NOT heart muscle its hard scar tissue so some reduction of heart power is done. The stent is to keep open an artery that gets blocked or has a narrowing so the stent forces open the artery and lets great blood flow.
Why do I know? try 3 heart attacks , 4 stents, yes permanent heart damage but hey I am still here after 25 years since my first. So for CJ if they cought it in time with no heart attack a stent is good. If he has had a heart attack it now all depends if its a BIG one or a small one. With a stent insert. he should be fine. TIME is of the upmost importance to unblock the problem, With the hab doctors in the bubble with the players this is very GOOD. Ambulance call right away.

Doctors expect a full recovery but it's definitely a scare to Julien and his family. He's 60 and I have seen guys at work change their retirement plans with health scares at that age ish

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
Doctors expect a full recovery but it's definitely a scare to Julien and his family. He's 60 and I have seen guys at work change their retirement plans with health scares at that age ish
A scare yes, and he will be a new pills for the rest of his life, and he WILL get a visit from a diet expert. Sure lose weight but almost more important fried food are GONE, butter gone, fats are gone, he will look at the menu now and cry " OY VEY"

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
We had Julien and Therrien part 2, so you never know. We could also see Martin part 2 (or Vigneault when he eventually leaves/get fired).

Since Tremblay, we went Vigneault, Therrien, Julien, Carbonneau, Martin, Therrien 2, Julien 2 so technically Carbonneau is next in the sequence followed by Martin if he is still coaching at that time :laugh:

Carbo has barely coached since being fired...so it's a bit different.

Karma Police

Sep 28, 2017
A stent recovery can take up to 6 months before having 100% energy. Doctors actually tell you to not do any physical activities, don't participate in stressful situations too.

My father had his at 50 y/o and it took him a good 6-7 months and he's an active guy. The procedure itself is minimal and takes about 5-10 minutes to install it via your wrist or your groin. The recovery is something else too. Usually depending on the % of his blockage, he should be staying in the hospital for at least a week after the procedure for checkups. Anyway, glad it's over with, but there's no way in hell he's coming back to coach right now and for the foreseeable future.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006

Did they recommend a Mediterranean diet like they did with my father?

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
Therrien did not coach between 2009 and 2012. I don't expect Carbonneau to be coach, but with this group you never know. :laugh:

Bergy and Carbo are not on good term, so I would rule him out right away. We'll break the coaching loop and go straight to Martin. ;)

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
#Muller-PressConference(20/08/14):Julien
“First off, on behalf of the coaching staff, management, and players here in Toronto: Julien and the family, we're definitely thinking of you guys. We're happy to hear the good news and we're hoping for a quick recovery so we can see you back here.”
“The biggest thing is Julien's health. After talking to him last night and him giving the indication that he's going to recover, he made it easy for me to move forward in this situation with our staff. He just said: You guys know what we believe in, what we're going to do.”
“Julien is fired up. He quickly took away from talking about him and his situation and talked about the team. That's always a good sign.”

Odie Cleghorn

Jun 8, 2020
A scare yes, and he will be a new pills for the rest of his life, and he WILL get a visit from a diet expert. Sure lose weight but almost more important fried food are GONE, butter gone, fats are gone, he will look at the menu now and cry " OY VEY"
taste is gone.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Therrien did not coach between 2009 and 2012. I don't expect Carbonneau to be coach, but with this group you never know. :laugh:
It's been almost a decade for Carbo so it's different. He also only has 3 years of experience as HC in the NHL...Therrien had gotten to the Cup Finals.

But ya, I wouldn't put it passed them.

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
Bergy and Carbo are not on good term, so I would rule him out right away. We'll break the coaching loop and go straight to Martin. ;)

Personally I'm pretty sure Claude will be back next season. But since we are talking about an alternative here, is Boucher stilll available?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad