News Article: Claude Julien at Hospital. Will Miss the Rest of the Series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jul 6, 2016
Best wishes to Julien. By all accounts, from everyone revolving around him, he's as classy as it gets.

On another note, I think the management has to prepare to the eventuality of hiring a new Head Coach. Coaching in an NHL hotbed is probably the worst job possible for your cardiac health, and I would not be surprised if Julien decides to call it quit and stay home. I think he's a man of family first and foremost, and with good reason.

Any chance Gerard Gallant speaks French?

He should at least understand it, I guess. He played his junior in the Q in Sherbrooke, spent many years coaching in the Q and as assistant at NHL level in Montreal... But for some reasons we don't know and cannot understand, he is very good with his teams the first coupe of years and then falls off a cliff... Like Guy Boucher.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
upload_2020-8-17_14-47-13.png

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Molson is very good at the business side of it.

How's that? He's only continuing what Boivin and Gillett built.

His inability to properly oversee hockey operations will eventually lead to long-term business consequences, like the ever increasing apathy from fans which could translate in a much smaller new generation of fans in the near future.

Reactions: Runner77

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
He should at least understand it, I guess. He played his junior in the Q in Sherbrooke, spent many years coaching in the Q and as assistant at NHL level in Montreal... But for some reasons we don't know and cannot understand, he is very good with his teams the first coupe of years and then falls off a cliff... Like Guy Boucher.

This is such an idiotic oversimplification.

Boucher never got a good team. He raised them much higher than they should've normally performed, which is a hard thing to maintain.

If he ever comes back, I hope he does so with a good roster for once.

Reactions: Runner77

Jul 6, 2016
This is such an idiotic oversimplification.

Boucher never got a good team. He raised them much higher than they should've normally performed, which is a hard thing to maintain.

If he ever comes back, I hope he does so with a good roster for once.

Boucher coached a very good team in TB... And his Ottawa team was not bad at all, the first seasons he coached them. The second season: OUT of playoffs. The third... never finished one. The guy must miss a tool in his toolbox to stay in place more than 2 and a half seasons.

And I can spare your "idiotic' words. But you cannot help yourself. Always trying to teach down to people. What a man you are.. So f***ing perfect !

Last edited:

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
By itself stenting of a coronary artery is not that big of a deal. Of bigger concern was if he suffered an M.I. If he did part of his heart tissues dies and the function of the heart can be compromised depending on where and how big it was. That never comes back. If it was a NSTMI that's different, or if he just had some angina it's even better.

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
By itself stenting of a coronary artery is not that big of a deal. Of bigger concern was if he suffered an M.I. If he did part of his heart tissues dies and the function of the heart can be compromised depending on where and how big it was. That never comes back. If it was a NSTMI that's different, or if he just had some angina it's even better.

True.
Something like 25% of my heart died when I had my infarcus. Not totally sure about the % as it's a bit confusing.

But with regular exercice and better nutrition your heart can gain back some power by creating new pathways. I gained back a few % .

CJ is older though. He should retire for his health ...and ours.

Reactions: azcanuck and Tyson

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
How's that? He's only continuing what Boivin and Gillett built.

His inability to properly oversee hockey operations will eventually lead to long-term business consequences, like the ever increasing apathy from fans which could translate in a much smaller new generation of fans in the near future.
Apathy? The Leafs had been Cupless for 44 years but the pension fund that used to own it still made bank when they cashed out and sold the team in 2011.

Also, fans are both irrational and “principled”. Regular season is enough to make hype and there a taboo among many with regards to tanking even though it worked many times.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
#Bergevin-Conférencedepresse(20/08/22):Julien
«Écoute, aux dernières nouvelles la santé à Claude est bonne. Mais encore là, c'est tôt... Un arrêt cardiaque et des malaises au coeur c'est certain que ce n'est pas évident. Alors, on va prendre le temps nécessaire pour évaluer sa santé...»

OB5

May 2, 2015
Am I the only one who thinks there is a legttimate chance that Julien won't be the Habs coach next season?

Reactions: Gains

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
#Bergevin-PressConference(20/08/22):Julien
“As far as Claude, we all know what happens. He's back in Montreal. And I'm going back to Montreal. In the next few weeks, we gonna talk...”

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Am I the only one who thinks there is a legttimate chance that Julien won't be the Habs coach next season?
I'd say it's probably a lot closer to 50/50 than people might think. Heart issues and a high stress job don't really go well together. Plus he's 60 now and not in great shape so he's higher risk .

Last edited:
Reactions: montreal
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: