News Article: Claude Julien at Hospital. Will Miss the Rest of the Series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Thanks for responding.....I’m such a dumbass, all I had to do was go on TSN.ca......I guess I was just going back page after page and could t find anything so I figured it was just easier to ask till it dawned me that I could just look it up....duhhhh

anyways, I hope and wish him a speedy recovery.
I don’t always agree with his tactics but this is health, it will always trump over what I feel about someone.

Nothing wrong with asking. You're far from a dumbass, lol.

The news was shocking, I found it so hard to believe. I don't remember him ever having had a major health issues before. And he's not that old either.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
No, but that doesn't mean either should be president.

Claude needs to go, aka leave the organization permanently. I'm tired of bringing old coaches back into the organization.

Time for some fresh blood.

I hope Claude is ok, gets well soon, and moving forward does whatever he feels right for him and his family. If he doesn't return they need to bring in someone new with fresh ideas.

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
If Bergevin has the balls to already state that Julien will be back...can you imagine what Molson thinks of Bergevin? I'm telling you....he is about to be extended.
First, we need to pray for 60 year old Claude Julien that he fully recovers from this heart condition (we don't know if it's a mild heart attack). He seems to be a very intense head coach behind the bench, someone who keeps his emotions bottled up inside of him. He rarely explodes publicly and was most gracious toward the press media.

What did you expect Marc Bergevin to say? That Claude's condition is so serious that he'll never coach again? No, he said the correct thing about Kirk Muller coaching behind the bench until the Canadiens are eliminated in these playoffs. He made a big point about Kirk not being able to speak French to the press so if the event Julien decides to call it quits, Muller will not be in the running for Julien's job.

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
First, we need to pray for 60 year old Claude Julien that he fully recovers from this heart condition (we don't know if it's a mild heart attack). He seems to be a very intense head coach behind the bench, someone who keeps his emotions bottled up inside of him. He rarely explodes publicly and was most gracious toward the press media.

What did you expect Marc Bergevin to say? That Claude's condition is so serious that he'll never coach again? No, he said the correct thing about Kirk Muller coaching behind the bench until the Canadiens are eliminated in these playoffs. He made a big point about Kirk not being able to speak French to the press so if the event Julien decides to call it quits, Muller will not be in the running for Julien's job.
When was the message you quoted posted? :huh::help:

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
Michel Therrien is still under contract for 1 more year at $3 million. Julien has 3 years left at $6 mil per season. That’s $21 million for head coach over next 3 years. Financially it’s not ideal to fire Julien.

I’m guessing he might be here for 2 more seasons.
Claude Julien was gifted a 5 year contract at $5M per season. He took over from first place head coach Michel Therrien in the season Therrien was left go. Julien lost to Vigneault's Rangers in that playoffs and Julien's team missed the playoffs the past two seasons, but made it this season. He has two seasons left on his contract.

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
Good. We gonna miss the playoffs next season again. 4 straight years is gonna be enough for a complete clean up right? Rightt??
Technically speaking, by beating the Penguins in the play-in round, the Habs made the playoffs in the 2019-2020 season.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
MR
No, but that doesn't mean either should be president.

Claude needs to go, aka leave the organization permanently. I'm tired of bringing old coaches back into the organization.

Time for some fresh blood.
The Count just got let go :sarcasm:

Get well soon Claude, go home and be with your family and relax

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I wish Claude the very best for himself and his family. I don’t think it would surprise anyone if he moved on from coaching for hearth and health. I think all of us understand just how taxing his job is particularly in Montreal.

Reactions: bobholly39

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I wish Claude the very best for himself and his family. I don’t think it would surprise anyone if he moved on from coaching for hearth and health. I think all of us understand just how taxing his job is particularly in Montreal.

Maybe bring him back as the associate, remove Muller and give Ducharme the reins with Julien working either in the stands and help transition Ducharme into our Head coaching position.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
This is probably inappropriate to discuss now, given Claude's condition, but I was wondering about hiring Jacques Martin as an assistant coach.
As I understand, Ducharme is currently responsible for neutral zone play which is Martin's specialty. Ducharme could then try to ressurect our powerplay and modify our spray and pray offensive zone scheme. If he is indeed groomed to be our next head coach, it could be beneficial to give him a new zone of responsibility.
This of course would mean that Muller's not coming back.
All of this assuming Claude will be back as the head coach next season

Last edited:

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

TORONTO -- The Montreal Canadiens announced that head coach Claude Julien will be heading to Montreal today, to rest at home following stenting of a coronary artery carried out at St. Michael's Hospital in Toronto Thursday afternoon. Doctors expect a full recovery.

On a more personal note, Coach Julien would like to convey his most sincere thanks to everyone at St. Michael's Hospital for the wonderful care he received during his stay. He also wishes to personally and sincerely thank everyone who has sent their well wishes during this time.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013

Yeah I hope he doesn't come back to be honest. With the pandemic hitting this year and all the scares - if there's any risk at all to him, just go ahead and enjoy a long and healthy retirement. I hope he doesn't feel pressured or stressed to come back.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I am in no position to judge but should we actually be talking about personnel shuffling on this thread?

Again not judging specific individuals especially after a comment I made on here about a Gally injury. Definitely a low point for me that thankfully was deleted. But isn’t it kind of bad form?

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar

TORONTO -- The Montreal Canadiens announced that head coach Claude Julien will be heading to Montreal today, to rest at home following stenting of a coronary artery carried out at St. Michael's Hospital in Toronto Thursday afternoon. Doctors expect a full recovery.

On a more personal note, Coach Julien would like to convey his most sincere thanks to everyone at St. Michael's Hospital for the wonderful care he received during his stay. He also wishes to personally and sincerely thank everyone who has sent their well wishes during this time.

Surprised by all this but at least being released so early is a good sign.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
I am in no position to judge but should we actually be talking about personnel shuffling on this thread?

Again not judging specific individuals especially after a comment I made on here about a Gally injury. Definitely a low point for me that thankfully was deleted. But isn’t it kind of bad form?

It looks like Claude will be ok thankfully and while it's probably a bit too soon to talk about replacements, I honestly don't think the guy should be back if he has any heart issues. This is a stressful job, physically and mentally taxing. He has had an amazing career, he still has many good years left to spend with his family and there's no need for him to take a risk like that.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Best wishes to Julien. By all accounts, from everyone revolving around him, he's as classy as it gets.

On another note, I think the management has to prepare to the eventuality of hiring a new Head Coach. Coaching in an NHL hotbed is probably the worst job possible for your cardiac health, and I would not be surprised if Julien decides to call it quit and stay home. I think he's a man of family first and foremost, and with good reason.

Any chance Gerard Gallant speaks French?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad