Claude Giroux: "Reasons to be Cheerful Part III"

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Do what TB does, put together two solid lines, then two good checking lines behind them.
G - Couts - Voracek
Lindblom - Patrick - TK
JVR plays every PP minute.
Trade Sanheim, get a fast forward, bring up NAK.
Wait until next year when Frost arrives and some moves can be made in the summer to shore up the bottom six.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Do what TB does, put together two solid lines, then two good checking lines behind them.
G - Couts - Voracek
Lindblom - Patrick - TK
Wait until next year when Frost arrives and some moves can be made in the summer to shore up the bottom six.

giphy.webp

Reactions: Lotusflower

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Between the flawed line with JVR and TK and the almost impossibly stupid PP setup, I don't think I have ever seen a coaching staff do more to sabotage the production of their best player. He will be lucky to hit 70 points if they don't take their heads out of their collective no-NHL-future-having-asses and make common sense changes.

Reactions: gertbfrobe16

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Since Gordon put the current Giroux line together, he's only had 21 points in 28 games.
Up until that point, he had 40 points in 32 games.
Currently sitting at 61 points in 60 games this season.

It's so incredibly obvious that it's the wrong mix of player styles, but Hakstol Jr refuses to change it.
On top of that, Giroux has been ****ed around on the PP, so apparently the coaching staff is going to do everything in their power to suppress his offense, short of literally benching him.

Giroux didn't change or start playing worse individually. It's his situation that's changed and the numbers clearly reflect that. It should be obvious what needs to be done, but I'm sure it won't be.

speak the f***ing truth. Its brutal

Johnk0728

Dec 28, 2016
G - Couts - Voracek
Lindblom - Patrick - TK

Listen,,,,Sanheim looks like shit right now but two weeks ago he looked great. If you have ever seen him skate in person; its a wonder to see. You do not give up on young d-man in their first real season. Whats wrong with you?

Johnk0728

Dec 28, 2016
its pretty simple...just replace JVR with Patrick. And keep that lazy POS JVR from the top 6 just like Toronto did. He is too lazy to skate top 6 minutes. Hextall's two big signings: Weise and JVR.....good riddance.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
JVR is FAR from a problem, he's just not where he belongs in the lineup.

28 goal, 54 point pace... and that's without being properly used on the PP.

Johnk0728

Dec 28, 2016
I like the idea of deflecting the "trade Ghost" debates with "TRADE SANDHEIM!" :laugh:

After last night....trade Provorov will start too. And that's the issue....D-man take a while to develop and having so many relatively young ones at once while some your top forwards are near 30 yrs. old is not exactly a recipe for a Stanley Cup.

Johnk0728

Dec 28, 2016

You are nuts.....he is killing Giroux. If you cant see that then I don't know what to tell you. So you would rather JVR be on the top 6 instead of Patrick? You are just being obstinate again.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
You are nuts.....he is killing Giroux. If you cant see that then I don't know what to tell you. So you would rather JVR be on the top 6 instead of Patrick? You are just being obstinate again.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh........... did you read the post you're responding to? You have a bad habit of responding to my posts without reading them.

Or how about this one from yesterday? See JVR there?

To start, the Giroux line is fundamentally broken. It's the wrong mix of players and it'll never be a consistent threat. JVR and Konecny are both very good players but neither are the type to maintain possession and set up a teammate, which completely wastes Giroux. If he doesn't either a) score 100% on his own, or b) immediately set them up for a goal, then nothing is going to happen. At this point Giroux should go back to wing simply because for the best possible line combinations.

Giroux-Couturier-Konecny --- the best line we've had in a long time
Lindblom-Patrick-Voracek --- saves Patrick from playing with bottom 6 linemates and gives us a nice top 6

Or how about these?

Going into next year, without any trades or FA signings, our forward top 9 is looking to be:

Giroux-Couturier-Konecny
Lindblom-Patrick-Voracek
JVR-????-????

Giroux-Couturier-Konecny
Lindblom-Patrick-Voracek

The problem right now is Giroux is playing with two guys who aren't going to get him the puck and set him up for goals, so he's being wasted. With Couturier, they can set each other up for scoring chances, plus set up Konecny. It's not that JVR is bad, but he's simply not in Couturiers league and Giroux's insane playmaking needs someone who can take advantage of it more consistently.

There's plenty more but I think my point is pretty clear.

Last edited:
Reactions: Outlaw Samurai

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh........... can you read the post you're responding to? You have a bad habit of responding to my posts without reading them.

Or how about this one from yesterday? See JVR there?

Or how about these?

There's plenty more but I think my point is pretty clear.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Listen,,,,Sanheim looks like **** right now but two weeks ago he looked great. If you have ever seen him skate in person; its a wonder to see. You do not give up on young d-man in their first real season. Whats wrong with you?

Mistype, meant to type "trade Simmonds," that's what happens when you're still asleep. :laugh:
I'd trade Ghost before Sanheim, just to see Striiker melt down. :DD

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
It was a very nice evening in Gatineau tonight.

image.jpg

I am very glad to have seen Giroux in action more than 100 times live during his junior hockey career.
He was simply amazing.

Bravo Claude!

GO OL GO!

Congrats to Claude! Had to have been a special night for him.

Reactions: gertbfrobe16
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad