Claude Giroux: "Reasons to be Cheerful Part III"

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYERSFAN18

May 31, 2008
Pennsylvania
Seems to me most threads/discussions usually start out with people’s opinions on how to improve the team and end up at the same conclusion of some people saying our good players are in fact good and the others trying to say they suck and should be replaced with players who are big and can hit.

Reactions: baudib1

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
People... I'm just checking to find out if I've read the Thread Title correctly... Seems, from some recent Postings here, that I may have misread it.

This is the Third Thread dedicated to Claude Giroux... and reasons we should be cheerful about him... is that correct... or does it say it's for talking about other Players and Management that should be dealt with to make the Team better for Giroux?

... Just checking. :huh:

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
I think the play of Carter Hart and Stolarz has really helped this club. Hextall did well to set the position up long term but short term it was just brutal.

The Flyers certainly need another piece up front and the ability to dump MacDonald.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
My wife is a big Flyers fan and she was like “post this announcement to their forum” but I see that’s already happened. We’re a few months younger than Giroux so I’m just hoping she doesn’t get any ideas...

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
With our first round pick in the 2038 draft the Philadelphia Flyers take _______ Giroux from ________ of the OHL
Unless he's born late, he'll be eligible for the 2037 draft and since Giroux will be working a front office job in Philly, I'll assume his son will be playing for the US National Development Program. It's the perfect time to take a Center late in the first round again since he can step right in and take over for Couts in the 3C spot and when Patrick or Frost retire he can slide to 2C and then 1C. Perfect development curve for little G. Is it too soon to start with 2037 projected lineups?

Reactions: Rebels57 and ajw12

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Since Gordon put the current Giroux line together, he's only had 21 points in 28 games.
Up until that point, he had 40 points in 32 games.
Currently sitting at 61 points in 60 games this season.

It's so incredibly obvious that it's the wrong mix of player styles, but Hakstol Jr refuses to change it.
On top of that, Giroux has been f***ed around on the PP, so apparently the coaching staff is going to do everything in their power to suppress his offense, short of literally benching him.

Giroux didn't change or start playing worse individually. It's his situation that's changed and the numbers clearly reflect that. It should be obvious what needs to be done, but I'm sure it won't be.

Reactions: Jtown and Rebels57

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Since Gordon put the current Giroux line together, he's only had 21 points in 28 games.
Up until that point, he had 40 points in 32 games.
Currently sitting at 61 points in 60 games this season.

It's so incredibly obvious that it's the wrong mix of player styles, but Hakstol Jr refuses to change it.
On top of that, Giroux has been ****ed around on the PP, so apparently the coaching staff is going to do everything in their power to suppress his offense, short of literally benching him.

Giroux didn't change or start playing worse individually. It's his situation that's changed and the numbers clearly reflect that. It should be obvious what needs to be done, but I'm sure it won't be.

Part of the problem is that Hextall went into the season with no legitimate 3C and early on Patrick was struggling at 2C. Now that Patrick has found his game, it's time to move him back into the top 6 and Giroux back to LW.

Reactions: Tripod
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad