Classless Horachek move at Leafs - Preds.

Stanley Foobrick

Clockwork Blue
Apr 2, 2007
Fooville, Ontario
Bernier gets cut and has to leave for repairs, and Reimer goes in, team losing 2-0. They get 3 goals and Reimer made a few huge saves, the momentum shifted.

Bernier comes back on the bench, and Horachek pulls Reimer, and Bernier lets in one the next few shots.

Reimer looked devastated.

This is exactly what they wanted to happen. Leafs management has given up on this season and are simply hoping for the best pick they can get.

Only mistake the new coach has made was accidentally winning one.

Leafs will get a decent pick, Leaf fans will be full of hope for next year, and the cycle will continue.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
I dislike the Leafs and could honestly care less about either of their goalies. I think it's a pretty bush move though. Reimer looked good and was clearly playing better than Bernier already had. Just let him ride it out. The team is playing well in front of him since the change and he hasn't had anything to critique. At that point you leave him in.

snizzbone*

How is this disrespectful?

Bernier was the starting goalie. He thought he was cut so he went to the room for repairs. He came back and was put back in net. If this was Price and Tokarski would it even be a thread? Bernier is our starter.

LeafsLegendAkiBerg

The original great 8
Oct 12, 2006
Meh, I don't see the big deal. Bernier hasn't been great lately but none of the goals were his fault (well, aside from the fourth.) This is mostly just the Leafs playing terrible defense. The only reason the Leafs were in this game is because Hutton was shaky.

GOAT AINEC

Soon..
Jun 4, 2014
How is this disrespectful?

Bernier was the starting goalie. He thought he was cut so he went to the room for repairs. He came back and was put back in net. If this was Price and Tokarski would it even be a thread? Bernier is our starter.

It's because the Leafs have a goalie controversy.

Just go on the Leafs Facebook page and read the comments. It's pretty amusing.

Rayzorexe

Meh..
Dec 29, 2009
Toronto, ON
The fact that Bernier came out the dressing room to discuss going back into the game with Horachek on the bench is what makes this move tasteless. That kind of stuff has to be decided in the dressing room. I don't think Reimer had a clue that he was going to get pulled out when Bernier came back to the bench.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I'm not sure how much rope Horacek is looking to give Bernier, but it's clear he's not helping things.

Reimer's gotta wonder what it takes to get a fair shake in Toronto; after leading the team to their only playoff round in the past decade, it seems he's been kicked to the curb repeatedly. :help:

On the plus side, the Leafs managed to score an ASTOUNDING three goals in tonight's loss, which equals almost one fifth of their total output for January.

Scarbarian*

Meh, I don't see the big deal. Bernier hasn't been great lately but none of the goals were his fault (well, aside from the fourth.) This is mostly just the Leafs playing terrible defense. The only reason the Leafs were in this game is because Hutton was shaky.

Agreed. Bernier is getting shacked pretty badly for the Leafs lossess but in my opinion, the players playing in front of him have been more crap than his play(save for Rielly and Kadri).

Scarbarian*

I'm not sure how much rope Horacek is looking to give Bernier, but it's clear he's not helping things.

Reimer's gotta wonder what it takes to get a fair shake in Toronto; after leading the team to their only playoff round in the past decade, it seems he's been kicked to the curb repeatedly. :help:

On the plus side, the Leafs managed to score an ASTOUNDING three goals in tonight's loss, which equals almost one fifth of their total output for January.

Bernier > Riemer.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Jeff O'Neill says all the time: You wouldn't even believe the ways some teams find to lose.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Bernier gave us the loss so I support this move.

Horachek is a great tank commander. We need him to come up with similar moves.

I hope we switch goalies every 5 mins.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
I've been supportive of him, and I wouldn't say classless, but it was a poor move.
JR allowed 0 goals-left with the lead

Great for
#StayHomeMcDavid

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille