Classless Horachek move at Leafs - Preds.

Thorton02

Feb 6, 2009
Reimer played a little over 5 minutes and faced 4 shots........ He was barely in the game.

How does putting your starter back in when he was ready to go equate to some sort of a slam on Reimer?
Those were the best 5 minutes the Leafs played all year. No NHL level coach would have changed the goalie unless they were pressured to do so by management.

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
Reimer apologist, yeah. I don't care who the two goalies are, it's a disrespectful move.

Well, if that's true try swapping out other goalie tandems in place of Bernier/Riemer and see if you would still think it disrespectful.

For example, swap Price for Bernier and Tokarski for Reimer. If Price has to go off for minor repairs, is it really a surprise if they put him back in when he's ready, regardless of the score?

This notion of disrespect in this situation entirely sprouts from your perspective of Toronto's goaltending issues.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
Well, if that's true try swapping out other goalie tandems in place of Bernier/Riemer and see if you would still think it disrespectful.

For example, swap Price for Bernier and Tokarski for Reimer. If Price has to go off for minor repairs, is it really a surprise if they put him back in when he's ready, regardless of the score?

This notion of disrespect in this situation entirely sprouts from your perspective of Toronto's goaltending issues.

No. I feel the exact same way actually.

Frelimo

Jul 6, 2012
Toronto
I don't think it was classless. You could argue that if he didn't let Bernier back in, that would have been classless, as the guy did just take a 12 stitch cut for the team.

However, I would have left Reimer in, as clearly Bernier is sucking lately.

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
No. I feel the exact same way actually.

OK, well I can't believe that any Hab fan would not prefer Price in net over Tokarski if both were available, regardless if the team happened to play better for the 5 minutes Tokarski was in net. I think fans of any team that has an established #1 goalie would feel the same.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
OK, well I can't believe that any Hab fan would not prefer Price in net over Tokarski if both were available, regardless if the team happened to play better for the 5 minutes Tokarski was in net. I think fans of any team that has an established #1 goalie would feel the same.

True, I wouldn't know since the Blues only have Elliott who is a backup at best :)

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
It's classless because Reimer doesn't get a lot of time to play and the ice tilted the other way and he was playing lights out and got pulled for Bernier who has let in 3, almost 4 goals.

I find your comment funny, if nothing else.
Bernier who let in 3, almost 4 goals.

let me know when "almost goals" become a stat.
:laugh:

Shimso

Oct 9, 2011
I'm usually defending Reimer, but I don't see the issue here.

If JR stayed in net and allowed those same 2 goals I'm sure everyone would be blaming Horachek for not putting the #1 goalie back in net.

gamer1035

Feb 14, 2012
A contract extension in the off season would be hilarious.

as a leafs fan I would be outraged if he wasnt given a 2 year extension after this year.

that Riemer - Bernier swap was absolute tank genius

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB
How is this disrespectful?

Bernier was the starting goalie. He thought he was cut so he went to the room for repairs. He came back and was put back in net. If this was Price and Tokarski would it even be a thread? Bernier is our starter.

hahaha

Difference is... the skill level between Price and Tokarski is so much larger then Bernier and Reimer's that the comparison is ridiculous.

But i get your point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad