Post-Game Talk: Classic Oilers

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
The only positive about another wasted season is that -- once management realizes the team is screwed, and they're usually the last to do so -- Bouchard and Bear will get called up (they both should be playing now, IMO), and Chiarelli will be fired.
Bouchard can’t be called up until the junior season ends.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
You can't recall a player from the CHL. You never could. Once they return them to their club, they are their till the end of their season.
In emergency circumstances you actually can call them up but you need a crazy amount of players on both your Nhl and ahl team to be injured.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Agreed.

I think for the last ... 12 or do years I somehow managed to convince myself that with the right moves the Oilers would be a legit contender, only to be let down every single year.

At this point, I've completely given up hope.

Of course I'd love to see a new management group, but even the best gm in the world couldn't turn this team around in less than a few years.

Outside of our very few productive player, we have nothing to offer, and trading them away always leads to us getting bent over.

We went from having amazing winger and center depth a few years ago, to having to play our centers at wing because we're so shallow, while remaining just as weak in every other aspect

I've gone from scheduling my evenings around watching oilers games, to checking hfboards at 930 only to realize there was a game on I forgot about.

How one team can be so consistently depressing is beyond me. Oiler fans deserve so much better.

id say the defense improved....slightly.....but yah.....pretty much accurate.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Agreed.

I think for the last ... 12 or do years I somehow managed to convince myself that with the right moves the Oilers would be a legit contender, only to be let down every single year.

At this point, I've completely given up hope.

Of course I'd love to see a new management group, but even the best gm in the world couldn't turn this team around in less than a few years.

Outside of our very few productive player, we have nothing to offer, and trading them away always leads to us getting bent over.

We went from having amazing winger and center depth a few years ago, to having to play our centers at wing because we're so shallow, while remaining just as weak in every other aspect

I've gone from scheduling my evenings around watching oilers games, to checking hfboards at 930 only to realize there was a game on I forgot about.

How one team can be so consistently depressing is beyond me. Oiler fans deserve so much better.

do we though?

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Talbot has 4 wins in his last 14 games.

Way to help the team when it needs you.

Bad teams tend to lose a lot though.

The whole "this team needs to ride the goalie!" thing only works if you have a Lundqvist, prime Price, or like Kipprusoff.

Talbot and Koskinen aren't good enough to put a franchise on their shoulders like the Oilers are asking them to do.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
They have 7 roster players injured right now and they kicked the **** out of us both times we played them this month. It's ridiculous that they're even still in the playoff hunt.

Never said this team was good.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
Bad teams tend to lose a lot though.

The whole "this team needs to ride the goalie!" thing only works if you have a Lundqvist, prime Price, or like Kipprusoff.

Talbot and Koskinen aren't good enough to put a franchise on their shoulders like the Oilers are asking them to do.

Dont need to be great just average. With Talbot in net you need 4 to win every game. Its why he is 9-13-2

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Dont need to be great just average. With Talbot in net you need 4 to win every game. Its why he is 9-13-2

You do need to be great here to get consistent results because this team makes a lot of mistakes.

This team should be able to score 4 goals against a depleted Coyotes team, sometimes you do need to score 4 goals, only in Edmonton is that some monumental undertaking.

This team isn't good enough and if they want to do the whole "ride the goalie" thing then find a Lundqvist type guy that can do that, the Talbots and Koskinens of the world can't cut it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad